Rewatching this. What went so right? why did the sequels suck so much? and how would you girls rewrite them?

Rewatching this. What went so right? why did the sequels suck so much? and how would you girls rewrite them?

>2016
>he STILL hasn't mastered Reloaded and Revolutions
cannot stop laughing

the sequels sucked partly because they explained a bunch of things that were better left unexplained

>implying reloaded isn't GOAT

Revolutions might be one of the worse movies I have ever seen.

Too much time spent out of the matrix to put it shortly.

>2016
>watching the Mr Robot of the 90s
W E W lad
E
W

The only terrible one is the third, how did you not like the sequel?

Because the original film was perfectly structured and everything after Neo reveals himself as the One is unnecessary padding, meaning the sequels.

the film is literally perfectly paced

the fight scenes are good

the story is original

He already became an invincible fighting machine at the end of the first movie and the point was made perfectly, hence the sequels being unnecessary.
I still like Reloaded though, the world of the Matrix is cool as fuck and would've made for a good tv series.

The sequel's didn't suck, you're just a pleb.

In the first movie Zion was like a mythical place that was perfectly left unexplained, then you see it in the sequels and it's a piece of shit you couldn't care less about.
The sequels should've kept that feeling and everything you see of Zion should take place in a simulation to show that while people have left the Matrix, they have basically repurposed it and made it their own.

The first movie killed off all the supporting characters so the sequels should've replaced all them instead of one guy who I guess is able to do the job of five people on the ship. That was kind of a mistake on the first movie's behalf though.

The sequels in general should've focused more on the nature of the Matrix that was really only touched upon. They should've dove deeper into renegade programs, glitches in the Matrix explaining strange phenomena and myths. When they describe the Paradise Matrix I always thought that was a reference to the Garden of Eden and basically the source of the world's religious myths. Would've been cool to see that explained in more detail.

>he
I think you mean she ;^)

This, also The Phantom Menace and Howard the Duck are some of the greatest pieces of fiction ever crafted by man.

I cant tell you how much it pains me to see this. Watch their glad acceptance speech.

make it stop.

I don't wanna be on this ride anymore.

>This
The sequels had nowhere interesting to go. It went from the relatable to the fantastic in the Matrix, then fantastic to pretentious and absurd in the rest of the trilogy. That and the full CGI actor shots have aged like milk.

guys whats happening?

wake me up.

They started emphasis all the bad shit, and downplaying the good stuff by making it more convoluted or with more hackneyed CG.

At the time The Matrix seemed really amazing and unique, now after seeing Jupiter Ascending and their Netflix show Sense8 I can just see their fetishes everywhere

>it's a plebs think writing is simply a a sequence of events happening episode

It has nothing to do with Mr. Robot....

They never left the matrix.

It's obvious they just wanted to milk the franchise. The first movie explained everything we cared to know about. The rest was just a cash grab.

It's a shame The Matrix has aged like milk.

It was a good movie, but it won't be appealing for anyone born past 15 years its release date like Star Wars or something

I mean, just look at the cover OP posted.

They stole the first movie's story from some old lady, then turning tranny when they couldnt take the pressure of the next two.

I enjoyed the car fight in the second movie.

What? People didn't dress like that in 1999 either.

Whats wrong with the cover? There are movie covers that look worst then that made today.

There were no need for sequels. That being said, there's not much we can do about it now. The sequels were done badly.

I thought the same about Zion desu, it turned out to be fucking Sodom not the paradise they made it out to be.

They got so tied up with the plots and intrigue that they missed a golden opportunity to explore the world more. Animatrix was really interesting tho

Cyrus did nothing wrong tbqh

OP is probably mad coz he got served in the previous thread

But I've not eaten a thing yet.

Revolutions is shit, Reloaded has the freeway chase, the architect scene (visually cool, sort of works on a plot level) but most of all: has Persephone

>girls

user...

The first matrix was a pretty original blend of sci fi / pulp action / king fu films and had a lot of limits placed on it which kept it mostly grounded and had to explore its clever science fiction world in limited ways which made it better.

Reloaded and Revolutions were written, shot, and edited as a single 4 hour film that was then cut in half and released 6 months apart to increase box office revenue. This is why revolutions feels like a giant 3rd act and has no narrative structure at all.

Also like the Star Wars prequels lazy writing dictated explaining shit that didn't need to be explained instead of doing new interesting things. And If it isn't clear yet after all of their other failures the wachowskis can't write screenplays.

This

nah they are pure trash

> Implying Reloaded is pleb tier material

Reloaded didn't suck, it wasn't like revolutions an absolute disaster of a movie. The whole matrix world is what made the films good not the real world.