>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=id1Ayo-G4eU
youtube.com/watch?v=HzDcm5wlhlM
youtu.be/mKPIoeLjd9E
youtu.be/Mn3iIQNC0fo
youtube.com/watch?v=YlpD233xkiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous thread

If you don't use a tape recorder for distortion or delay, stop playing

>friend stabbed a butter knife through my snare

this is sick

alright gg, any of you ever painted on a guitar? i dont want to repaint the guitar, i just want to paint something on the guitar. what kind paint do i buy?

for what reason

Does your snare look like a stick of butter?

youtube.com/watch?v=id1Ayo-G4eU

fuck this bearded baby looking cunt

Want to paint it soon.

Why

Gladly.

Who is this semen demon?

better than Jared Dines or Terreberry, but damn he is a shill. Also you can never hear shit in his amp demos because he constantly has the mix blasting behind it and only plays drop d riffs.

what size of hex key do fender/squier strat truss rods need?

You like my guitar?

Not really desu

It's pretty unique looking if nothing else

JUST

meh, he's not that bad, his only issue is the same as Ola Englund, all his mixes sound the same, but otherwise his videos are correct.

I've seen those before, kinda ugly imo but I'm still somewhat curious as to how it sounds.

I think I do.

yes

I've done it about 5 times now

Use duplicolor lacquer spray from automotive stores
Use:

Deft sanding sealer
1 can primer
2 cans paint
2 cans clear

the cans are expensive and small ($8 per can), you can get away with just using some clear lacquer spray from home depot, thats for doing a whole body

what do you want to paint on the guitar?

Is Rob Scallon the best youtube celebrity guitarist?

they're all overrated
at least he's somewhat interesting techniquewise

>YouTube guitarist
no, they're all fucking memes and if you enjoy their content, you should stop posting here.

who?

youtube.com/watch?v=HzDcm5wlhlM

This kind of gives you an idea. I play mine through an AC30 so it's a bit chimier but still sounds solid.

I got it for $400 too so it was a pretty good deal.

Nah, that's Stevie T.

The key that came with my squire affinity is 4mm

>steel in backround
Some bass akwards, ding toed, cuntry bish.

can you guys recommend an attenuator?

damn I don't think mine came with any
but then again I may not remember cos it was years ago

I have an overdrive, wah, and a looper and a hot rod deluxe. Should I get a delay, phaser, or reverb?

That's kinda boring to me, that might just be the tone they dialed it but I don't know for sure.

So for my first guitar I was thinking about getting an Epiphone Les Paul to learn with. What guitars would you recommend?

it could cost almost a dollar to replace the key

just buy another squire

delay or reverb

well I won't be able to buy one until like monday and none of my dad's keys seem to fit

Avalanche Run, pricey but delay and verb in one.

how could you not buy an allen wrench until monday?

well I guess I could do it tomorrow before the shops don't close down before new year's eve so I might be bothered to do so
what is actually important and what has not been answered yet - what is the actual size of the key?

Yeah, that's not really the best representation but it gives you an idea.

i was thinking a rose in this abstract sort of style i do one but it may be too corny. whats the process you use with those ingredients you listed? do i need to stick some primer on the spot i want to paint the rose?

Try some sus2 chords

Csus2
x 3 5 5 3 3

Dsus2
x 5 7 7 5 5

You can also play major and minor chords as power chords with the root of the chord on the D string and the third in the bass like this:

EMaj
4 x 2 4 5 x

Emin
3 x 2 4 5 x

You can play power chords with the fifth in the bass to give them a heavier, fuller sound:

D5
5 5 7 7 x x

E5
7 7 9 9 x x

There are some chords you can play with open strings:

D5
x 0 0 2 3 x

G5
3 x 0 0 3 3

The Hendrix chord (7#9) sounds pretty good even with thick distortion:

E7#9
x 7 6 7 8 x

4mm but get a whole set of metric for like a fiver.

1/8" for fenders

other dude is saying 4mm, which could be the case for asian stuff

buy both

good to know, I avoided falling for buying the 1/8 key from the fender jews

my squier is chinese so maybe I'll be better off with the 4mm one

remember, you're not buying some special truss rod adjustment tool, you're buying a plain old allen wrenches. Just get both. You can get a fucking set of allen wrenches for like $5.

Truss rods that take an ordinary allen wrench are usually 4mm or 5/32". They are close enough in size to be interchangeable between metric/imperial (5/32" = 3.96mm).

Yeah? Nah?

except I'm a eurofriend and I'm not sure if I'll even find a 1/8 wrench that easily, it seems that 99% are exact metric sizes
neat

I just tried the wrench that came with my am deluxe on my chinese squire. It didn't even have a fucking hex socket. I don't even know what it is, like some kind of slot.

on my indonesian squire, the wrench was too small, so 4mm is right, I guess.

1/8" = 3.17mm so you can get away with using a 3mm on those. Wrap a piece of masking tape over your allen wrench to shim the difference.

nvm just found a mixed metric-imperial set for like 3 bucks

Dispatch Master is another EQD Delay/Reverb that's cheaper

You probably need one of these.

Thinking of getting an Eastman AR371CE based on a recommendation from here a while ago. Can't decide between wood look or a traditional sunburst

Mistakenly omitted image

I just got an Epiphone SG and the low E is buzzing like fuck.

Also very useful are smaller diads like thirds (major and minor):

Cmaj diad
x 3 2 x x x

Dmaj diad
x 5 4 x x x

Emin diad
x 7 5 x x x

Another very useful kind of diad is a root note with the third in the bass like this:

Bmaj diad
x 6 9 x x x

Amaj diad
x 4 7 x x x

Another diad is just the root note with the fifth in the bass like:

G5
x 5 5 x x x

Bb5
x x 3 3 x x

C5
x x 5 5 x x

(think "Smoke on the Water")

Let me wrap things up with the Tritone interval. You hear George Lynch and Mötley Crüe use this one all the time:

Tritone on E
x 7 8 x x x

Tritone on D
x 5 6 x x x

And here's an example of tritones sounding rather bitchin':

youtu.be/mKPIoeLjd9E

pretty cool

You need a 5mm I have a CV Squire Strat. Bought a set of Allen wrenches for a dollar or two at Walmart. I forgot the smallest size but you can use it to adjust the saddle height.

>I bought a cheap guitar and it's shit
Did you have it set up when you bought it? If you did bring it back and explain the issue and I'm sure they'll help you out. If not bring it in and see if a tech can help you.

Speaking of guitar specific tools, the thing that annoys me the most is the height adjustment screws on some bridge saddles. Some companies insist on making those the tiniest possible. The Hipshot Kickass bridge on one of my basses takers 1.5mm. I mean holy shit can you not at least make that an even 2mm? A lot of basic allen key sets don't even come with a 1.5mm.

I'm thinking about buying a mastermind so I can put all my pedals in a rack.

My band hasn't played in over a month and I'm pretty sure we're done.

Help.

Raise the saddle. Should be tons of vids on YouTube. It literally is just turning a screw.

Looks meme tier

youtu.be/Mn3iIQNC0fo

Excerpt of my bands most recent show a week or two ago, thoughts?

>tfw didn't cop the star wars super meme version

just what i'd expect from angsty suburban high schoolers desu

the bassist is going to give himself whiplash

I like that

LOL yeah, it's worth it though

thanks man.

Haha yeah, unfortunately that's the kind of music we like playing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it is what it is

I thought it was just bland twinkshit but when I saw that stupid forced "brakdown" I gave up on any sort of pity
this is trash

You're not wrong though, glad you took a listen :)

this reminds me of one of my favorite local bands

the bassist usually wears fish nets and rolls around on the floor

the singer is a big sweaty fat guy.

they dedicate all their songs to random shit. he dedicated a song to paula dean. he pulls out a tub of margarine and rolls and spends the entire song buttering rolls and throwing them at people in the crowd. not tossing them, like whipping them at peoples' faces.

>lol so RANdum XD

Oh my god, that sounds awesome if the crowd is actually into it. I really enjoy when bands do their own thing. (Provided that they have fans that reciprocate the act)

No problem man. I didn't want to mess with anything with the guitar but adjusting the height was so straightforward. Same with intonation, truss rod and raising the pickup height for a pickup that was too quiet.

Going to look into painting and some soldering stuff when taking out the pickups.

i would not go see that band live

One of my friend's ""bands"" is themed around cheap wine.
It's trash but every time they do a show they throw some re-branded plastic bottles of wine with their band's logo taped on it, and everyone ends up pissed.

youtube.com/watch?v=YlpD233xkiI

Cool. I'd love to get into DIY customizing, but I'm pretty strapped for cash right now, hence why I had to get an Epiphone.

Wait, just double checked this. It's not the bridge that needs 1.5mm, it was the set screws on the pot knobs on that bass.

It's pretty fun once you get a handle on how everything works in relation to everything else on a guitar. Also addictive. You start looking at cheap instruments with an eye towards breaking them down for parts to make frankenstein instruments.

Speaking of which I am just in the process of collecting the couple things I will need to do a fretless conversion on my cheapo bass. That will be the biggest job I have tackled so far.

How would I go about doing this?

with at least $500

Just built the trotsky overdrive from beavis audio(thanks to the wayback machine). Used different diodes and transistor cause availability, blows any tube screamer ive ever used out of the water. Its really solid.

I fucking hate him too. And he has shit taste in metal.

5 of my 6 pedals are boss, the other is a wah. need a delay and a reverb now and i'm thinking of buying them boss just for the meme factor

What's some good blues to play to impress normies?

Cheaper guitars are great because you might only have to swap pickups later down the road.

I love my Squier Telecaster. Don't need to change anything so far.

Post more of Jewel wearing high heels

has anyone ever broken boss stomp pedal?