Who has watched this?

Who has watched this?

I watched the first episode

me but it sucked

What sucked about it?

I'm about to watch it with my lady, bad idea?

What's a better anime on netflix?

Knights of sidonia?

Thanks! Is it one of those 3d animation animes that netflix has been putting out?

Yes so far that and 7 deadly sins are the only ones I've watched maybe one called wakfu?

Fate zero is 100x better

What kind of stuff do you wanna watch?

Thank you!
Any other recommendations for anime on netflix?

Something engrossing, immersive, basically anything that makes you want to watch more.

That's alot of shows tbh fampai

Pick a genre/theme.

Fate/stay night (2004) is an okay mystery/thriller with supernatural elements hampered by slightly dated animation

There is a remake that came out like in 2015? that might be more appealing if youre not into anime as a whole really.

Aside from that someone recomended Fate/Zero which is more action oriented as opposed to mystery. Still keeps with the supernatural theme.

The lady and I have been together since highschool, watched several full series of anime together and both love several of the old school animes such as inuyasha, ghost in the shell, cowboy bebop, trigun, all the old shit. Now I'm looking for a new series to watch with her.

Thank you for the specifics on those animes.
We both love anime usually, just lately very busy but still want a good series to watch at the end of the day.
Can you think of one series that would be a good morning/fastpaced series, and one night time/laid back series?

off the top of my head I recommend these:

MORNING: Konosuba: Great comedy/parody show that came out very recently, well received by both nips and Americans.

NIGHT: Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust: Old-ish movie with absolutely beautiful visuals, both the dub and sub are fantastic.

???? Little Witch Academia: Harry Potter but animated and with little girls; VERY Disney, very good.

NIGHT: Spice and Wolf: Economics the anime; set in the backdrop of fantasy not-europe, great romance/interesting arcs.

Also in regards to fate, one thing I forgot to mention is the chronological order:
Zero is a prequel that sort of spoils the mystery of StayNight. So I recomend that you go watch StayNight first and only jump to Zero if you find it unbearable.

Thank you fampai, i aporeciate the details.
I only like to start a series with the old lady if I have watched it or gotten a good recommendation because she doesn't like to jump around too much.
Which of all of those would you say is your favorite?

This is an AMAZING anime, literally my favourite.

Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works is made more recently so it looks prettier, and it's truer to the VN. But I preferred the original because I saw it first.

Note, there's some creepy shit in there, it gets pretty dark

op if youre still there, watch fate zero (its the prequel and a must watch) then watch "fate stay night unlimited blade works" (its pretty much the same concept as "fate stay night" but takes the story into a less childish way then "fate stay night" I.E. the animation for the battles is one of the best ive ever seen *this is coming from a weeb* and story is 100% better dont even waste your time with "fate stay night" this is coming from someone who watched both shows fully youll save your self a bit of time

Don't watch Zero before you watch Stay/Night or Unlimited Blade Works: Even though it was a prequel it was made after so it's spoilerific.

Noted! Thank you

Thankyou senpai!

I highly recommend starting with Vampire Hunter Bloodlust since it's a standalone movie (1hr40).

With that said I'm a huge fate-fag because I love myths/legends stories of heroes and all that jazz.

I highly recomend watching StayNight if you guys are into that sort of thing, but it is very 'anime'

Aside from that No Game No Life is also pretty enjoyable with also great visuals/animation and a fairly unique story/setting. But it's pretty lewd-ish but nothing too graphic.

Not sure if any of these are on Netflix as I'm in a different country.

If you're after anime that you could watch with the missus my suggestions would be:

Cross Ange, Mawaru Penguindrum, Sakamichi no Apollon, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Future Diary, NagiAsu, Madoka, GitS SAC, Kill la Kill, Samurai Champloo, Kara no Kyoukai, Seirei no Moribito, Claymore, Ano Hana, Ano Natsu, Nana, Steins;Gate

Sure I could think of many more but those are ones off the top of my head

Thanks fam!

Only read the vn, which I greatly enjoyed. General consensus I hear is that it's not as good as the vn, but I feel that it's like the book to movie idea. The book is usually better than the movie.

Fate zero

VN of steins;gate is better than the anime - but the anime is still in my top 5.

Funnily enough the anime of Bakamonogatari is better than the book (imo)

Suzumiya anime was better than books too, but that might have been the poor poor edition i was reading (very little editing)

Indeed, almost always

Thank you!