At what age did you outgrow religion?

At what age did you outgrow religion?

never, because I don't wear a fedora

Started to catch on to the bullshit around 7 at church, mostly outgrew at 10, came back a little at around 14, completely outgrew at 15

When I started catholic primary school
I was educated at catholic schools until I left at 16 and went to college.
Was forced to go to church from birth to 16 as it was mandatory at school
Fingered a girl in the confessional though. Win

My gf hasn't mentioned religion in the 7 years together 15 months ago she decides to attend a methodist church.
I refuse to enter.

> not believing in fairy tales makes you le "neckbeard fedoraman"

Oh, religious people you make me laugh. :)

it does, sorry fag

31ish. I had doubts all along. Then I found online atheism and the rest was history.

grew out of religion at around 14.

Got over my edgy autistic "hey look guys im a cool atheist" when I was 16

Became a spiritual person when I was 18 (not religious, just individually spiritual) life has been way fucking better ever since.

Also, you really cant prove or disprove god definitively. Just live your life.

U mad bro?

how lame

Those eyes tho

never believed in god

at 7 I learn that santa wasn't real, so that escalated to other tings.

But I cut all bounds with religion at 13

to add on to this, the worst kind of people are atheists who are "LEL I'm le edgy atheist, what you still believe in FAIRY TALES let me tell you why youre wrong"

No, being an ass hole to people who are religious, or spiritual, or believe in a god doesnt make you some internet crusader of truth and knowledge, it just makes you an annoying cunt who is so convinced he has all the answers

17, 18 i guess

>never, because I don't wear a fedora

Completely dismissing it (any religion) without actually learning about it is fedora worthy bro
Good luck with that goatee though
Enjoy wearing sunglasses inside
I bet you fucking wear a beret to try stimulate conversation with fat lesbians.

Huh.

14. Began to have doubts at 7. Was never an edgy (insert here).

Weird.

yea me too

Grew up in a Swedish family so I never got into religion to begin with.
It was only something I heard about in movies.

I was never into religion. My parents never took me to church or tried to push any religion on me. So I guess at birth.

Passion?

Sh, stop with the the faggotry. I became an atheist in large part to the pwnage culture of atheism. It's nothing compared to the absolute slaughter that religious pwnage culture leveled against everyone else including other religions.

God helps those who help themselves

i
Its funny how religion gets the "i-if you don't believe in it y-you're a fedoraman" card.

I don't think you pull of this autistic shit on other matters, haha.

Huh?

>pwnage

*Dips bedora*

tbh I like the way OP posed the question, religion and faith are different things.

we all have to find our own path but always question someone else's religion

Same. I legit thought it was just stories until I realized some people actually believe it for real

To an extent i agree. And i think atheism will lose its hype. Eventually, the soft water will erode the hard rock of religion, as agnostics are ever more present, they will raise their children without the help of dogmas and doctrines, and those children won't even BE atheists, they'll just be completely unreligious.

Remained faithful but had doubts all the way until 16. Started using reasoning and seeing others' reasoning online and stopped. Never denounce the possibility of a God, or you look stupid though. No human truly knows.

That's a no.

hahaha. Best webm all year so far.

See? This proves my point.

Was raised a hardcore catholic, became an athiest at 12 just cause i didn't know anything about religion, became satanist at 13 cause fuck you mom, became a Christian at 16 because of personal reasons. Still an awful christian but I'm trying, going on Sup Forums everyday doesn't help though

Watch with the edge there kiddo

there is only 1 thing you can be sure of, there is no god. It is the only outcome that can be proven over and over again

Sure, you can see that there isn't some guy staring at us from the clouds when you look into the sky. But to totally write off that all creation just "happened" for reasons beyond our understanding like we watched the birth of the universe with our own eyes? No, m8.

At what age did you grow out atheism?

I'm agnostic. Athiest fags that hate religion are retarded. But I guess let people do what they do. To each his own.

same

this shit is soooo fake...you can tell it was edited after shot was fired and it was a dummy. humans eyes dont pop out like that from getting shot in the forehead.

I grew up on an atheist family, they never forced me to be one.

At 18 I had a crush on a very religious girl. Then I discovered she was a slut who went to church every Sunday.

Religion is a lie!

let's do an experiment, god please post in this thread, no big deal, just to show you exist.

No need to save innocent children that die everyday, just a little example of your existence...

I never believed in God or in any other god for that matter. It is just logical. I can not understand people who do so, but as long as they leave me the fuck a lone and don't impose their shitty believe on other they can do what they want.

Problem is, those retards don't keep it to themselves and still have quite a lot of power in today's society.
Quite depressing if you think about it. People in 500 years will look at us and laugh about the stupidity whe still were spewing.

What agnostics fail to see is that you're our (atheists) best allies. Your methods will just take longer to eradicate religion than ours.

I thinks it was when i bought my first fedora

My mom refused to put my brother, sister, and I in church because she was raised in it and didn't want them to spoon feed us bullshit at a young age.

Look guys, organized religion is very likely not to be true.

The best path is self-discovery, Open-mindedness, and a curious, always inquiring mindset.

I think outright atheism is, while freedom from the chains of 'religion,' still not quite there yet.

The best is admitting agnosticism...admitting that you just simply can't know. Because we can't either way.

Having this in mind, we must keep our mind open to the possibility that this could be it, and the possibility that it could be intelligent design, and we should search ourselves every day for knowledge and answers. We should ALWAYS be questioning.

Hold strong beliefs but never fool yourself into believing that your set of beliefs are the ABSOLUTE truth.

Bashing people over their beliefs is absolutely retarded. Trying to trick christians out of their belief with science is dumb because religion is faith based. And no equation can counteract faith in supernatural, because the supernatural might not entail the science we currently know.

We have incredibly limited minds and incredibly limited knowledge in the grand scheme of things....we truly dont know shit, relative to the universe. So never pretend like we have all the answers.

Find beauty in the world in any way you can. Religion and Atheism are two extreme ends and are both, in my own opinion, examples of a lost mindset. The in-between, the questioning, scientific, open-minded mindset is where I think people will best find purpose and logic meet.

"The first gulp from the class of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass, god is waiting for you"
-Werner Heisenberg

I am God

Ashamed it took that long

Go ahead and google momentum and force. After you are capable of understanding the force of a bullet entering a human skull, I want you to do a little bit of digging into the human anatomy and get back to me m8.

what took you so long?

Nobody said that the God I thought might exist had to be the Christian God. He might be an A-hole. But it doesn't change the small possibility that he exists. I can't tell if you're stubborn or if you have a lot of pent up anger that you take out on the existence of a God.

When i was brainwashed enough through the educational system, media and science to accept the almighty zionists as my gods. Now i dedicate my life to maximize the profits of zionist corporations who tell me not to reproduce, become addicted to consuming, work my ass off to finance my addiction, become gay/trans/genderless or identify as a potato.

Same

Maybe 18... I went from full atheist to agnostic.

I still don't believe in any religion, but of course I believe 'something' beyond 'natural phenomena' could've created the universe.

It wasn't Allah, Buddha or Yavé (God)... Or at least not how any religion portraits it...

My favourite one is the Nordic though. At least is cool.

Waiting for Truth Contest to find out about this site and its God discussions so it can spam us.

bitch stfu i seen so many gore videos and even and ppl getting shot the head...eyes dont pop out like that also, you can kinda tell its a dummy and not human skin.

Uh... well, I'll tell you now, they may be laughing today.

It isn't... you may have rationale, but until you lay those cards on the table for the upper percentile of better judgement to validate the notion that what you conclude is ever rational or logical, or truly sound... you could...

Be thinking some bad things.

please user don't judge me, your god might exist, I just don't think he will ever interact with you or have any effect on anything that happens, ever

in other words, you'd be better off believing there is no god

Yeah yeah. Point is, as an agnostic, will you raise your children christian? Cause that's the only thing that makes chistians, is raising people to be so. If agnostics raise clear minded people, i give religion two generations until it becomes mythology. Mark my words, fellas.

Oopsie... you got a little something there on your nose.

I was raised Catholic, so I was hit over the head with Catholicism up until the age of 12, when I started to care less about God and religion all together.

I stopped going to church at 15, which passed my parents off to know end. At 16 I went through my "edgy atheist" phase. At 17, I went more agnostic up till around I was 22.

I'm 25 now and I guess I consider myself a modest atheist. I keep my belief to myself and try to avoid religious discussions IRL for the purpose of having some nut job trying to fight me for not agreeing with him. I dont proclaim my views on others. Believe whatever makes you more comfortable, and don't impose and berate someone else who doesn't share your beliefs. That's what annoys me.

My girlfriend is Christian and tries to get me to go to church with her for "spiritual guidance". I only go with her once in awhile because it makes her happy and there's a pretty good potluck after the service.

Has anyone had someone freak out on them for being atheist in person?

This user speaks something that approaches the most-possible-truth-value.

You're right, I'm sorry about the judgement. But that's why I choose to live my existence with the absence of worship or thought to a God. I just don't outright say that there is none because we really don't know for absolutely sure that there is no God or Godlike entity, somewhere out there.

Wow you are a fucking idiot. You can't prove or disprove Yoda either. So why aren't you a jedi? It's because you're a massively weak faggot who needs a crutch in his life, whether that's church or some pseudo-intellectual spiritual bullshit.

I was born into a very pagan household, my mother and father practiced as well as generations going back. I practiced until I was 14 and then got tired of it, I tried to talk to my parents about it but they were really upset that I was abandoning nature. I moved out when I was 16 and from then on haven't been religious or spiritual. I don't have an issue with people who are but it is just not for me at all.

My parents made me go to sunday school and church a hand full of times. Then they asked us if we wanted to continue. We were like... naw. I like that they gave us the experience and choice.
I try to keep it pretty open minded now that I have kids. I tell them "well some people believe... " and I try not to tell them exactly what I believe. Because, well.... I AM THEIR GOD.

I guess you could say i have outgrown religion but not spirituality.

Everyone has a crutch. You're on here, typing hateful things to other people to make yourself feel better, aren't you? Welcome to realization m8.

I'm just gonna point you to

One way top make him open his eyes.

When I was born

I agree with your sentiment but I have to comment on the "somewhere out there" statement, god is not lost in outer space, if there is a god, it is god-like, if it's drifting around unable to do shit, then it's not god

Western economy has replaced religion (same power structure). The daily ritual is described by mass consumerism and sustaining it by 40h work weeks. Mass media provides you with your intellectual needs.

I outgrew it by being stoned all day. I get my money, fedora, basement and neckbeard from the state.

I follow the path of the Tao.

Does anyone in this thread have the
And
Post screenshots? I want them. For scientific reasons

I can't believe this has come up in this thread :)

The 7000000000 thread was difficult because of the server over load

k

▲▲

My whole life I hated going to Church once I hit grade 10 I stopped going cause I couldn't be forced into going anymore so around 15-16

I never really believed in it, but I stopped going to sunday school / church / scout movement at 11 or so, because of sexual abuse amongst others.

creator would be an interesting concept but it's funny, atheists and religions discount it.

A being that created the universe then disappeared, never interacted with the creation.

That could exist.

age 4.

+1 Swebro.

At the same time I became an edgefag, so 14. So only 1 year older than you are now.

There are roughly 4,200 religions in the world, the big religions are only a few thousand years old, we (homo sapiens) are 300,000 years old...
What are the odds that you "picked" the right one?
Let's face it, your parents picked it for you, you've been brained washed!!

I know, it's hard to stand up for yourself when all your friends are yelling allah akbar, but if you're in a free country, stay away from these religious people, make new friends, cut the cord with family.. stop being a cancer

>spirituality.

I questioned it when I was like four, no joke, I remember a skateboard rolling under a car and I was not allowed to go under cars, so I said, "God, if you are real, give me back my skateboard". And the skateboard just stayed there, remember I was four! I kept questioning and doubting, then feeling guilty and praying, and I started feeling less guilty through the years and praying a little less, then somewhere around 14 I drew a line in the sand.
I'm 29, I grew up in rural Ohio.

Was kicked out of church at age 15. Never really believed though, mostly went cause of grandparents.

Properly at 15. Realised it was just another strange form of escapism.

i love this movie :)

what the fuck at all these people claiming to have outgrown religion as a teenager, implying you're smart enough to outgrow religion at that age. that's adolescence for you.

Leave him be guys, he's a lost cause.

I actually did outgrow it at that age though...
I became and atheist for the same reasons I am an atheist now.
I grew up in a christian household, but my parents encouraged free thinking, my sister went the religious route, and I was more into science and critical thinking skills, even from very young ages I was like that. It was my natural path to cut ties to religion eventually, and that I would do it earlier than most.

Nigga you fucking rekt him