Could you take Michael Phelps in a fight?

Could you take Michael Phelps in a fight?

no

Ye, 10yrs of MMA should>swimming.

>6'4" of pure muscle

Nop. I'm a 5'5" twinkboi

Plant sock full of pennies around corner in street which Phelps is walking
Challenge him
Outswim him to the corner and sucker sock him when he rounds the corner
Mission Success

Didnt he say he could benchpress 400lbs once? Impressive since he's not a weightlifter.

Dubs 4 proof that id beat his ass

>olympics
>competition of the most athletic people on the planet
>he still dominates

he could kick 99% of this boards ass, only hope would be to run and hope he doesnt chase

sure, I don't fight fair, so of coarse, I could take most anyone in a fight, I'd just call up the boys and we'd give him a solid mace down, followed by the beat down of his life with blunt objects

he's not a fighter. he's been brought up soft in a very comfortable lifestyle. so yeah, and as sad as it makes me to type this, i'm pretty certain half of Sup Forums could beat the piss out of him.

Abs don't tent to protect you too well against a knife.

Umm he's the most decorated olympic athlete of all time. I doubt he's had a comfortable day in the last 20 years.

Chances are the only people who could take him would be larger trained strikers and medium to larger highly skilled submission experts.

No user, he's got practically zero fat or body muscle on him
Any hits on him would hurt, hard.

this.
what weight division are you (if you do/ were to fight professionally?)

Look at this pussy using weapons

he doesn't have a "street mentality".

Body muscle? Dudes a fucking machine, he's basically pure muscle lol. Chances are he's gonna try and close distance and gain control through his strength and endurance...and he's gonna fuckin win that fight.

Barring that he's just a big guy so yeah he can be beaten by more skilled.

Fighting has more to do with the WILL to fight than with physical ability. Once you figure that out, you'll figure out your own weaknesses. JONAS is cut like phelps too,JONAS can't/won't fight you

a gunfight

Fights are about a mentality. If you hit a man as hard as you can and he takes your punch or gets up from it, eventually youre going to start breaking down mentally. It's about will

he swims, he doesn't fight. i train to fight, he'd lose. that doesn't make me better than him. he'd beat me easy at swimming. he could have 100 olympic medals, he'd still lose in a fight.

I doubt every wrestler in the Olmypics has a "street mentality", you just gonna mean mug them into submission.

Kind of surprised fags in this thread not understanding what kind of physical ability and conditioning it takes to win gold medals.

Spoken like someone who has never been knocked out. You can't will yourself out of a knock-out punch just as easily as you can will yourself out of a bullet to the head asshole.

I could easily beat him using pressure points. He stamina and strength would be useless. Most people don't understand that all you need to know is pressure points to win every fight you will ever get into. I'm surprised mma fighters don't do this.

what fight you moron those losers on Sup Forums can fight in pokemon or league of legends at most

If you're a sufficiently trained fighter and strong enough to injure him, then absolutely no question you would win.

But if you can't handle fighting at full speed for 3-4 minutes and can't keep him out of range, he's gonna hurt you.

No its not. No one has an existential crisis in the middle of a fist fight. Autistic determination does not help you.

Do you train to fight in such a way that if you won 20 gold medals in swimming, people would still know you train to fight? Or do you go to a Tae Kwan Do gym in your town every Thursday?

it is a fight, it is over against him in under a minute. that isn't a brag, he is just not trained to defend himself. you can try and talk semantics about what/if/how he could do something. he won't. a fight is a frightening thing for most people. it is not a fault of him, it is human nature to worry about being damaged.

Mma fighters don't do it because while you are awkwardly trying to grab his chi shakra point, the other guy punches you unconscious

All a fighter needs to do is take it to the ground and either:
a) Choke him out
b) Snap his arm/elbow

What the fuck are you talking about >if you can't handle fighting at full speed for 4 mins etc etc

How do you know he isnt trained to defend himself?
If its so easy, what stops him from doing it to you?

Haha, baited. Fucking idiot. I guarantee you an Olympic athlete with 28 golds would fight you harder than anything you've ever experienced in life. Hes a winner. You're not MMA, you're a weeb. This dude would fight you to the death and your own family and friends wouldn't expect you to live through it. XD though.

Bro are you serious right now?

What would stop him from doing it to me?

Maybe the fact that I train to do that to people who are also trained in the same way

There is no contest

Just as he would beat me at swimming 100% of the time

I would snap him like a twig 100% of the time in a fight

Next time you spot a BJJ master why don't you challenge him to a fight and see how it goes

As far as I know he has zero training as a fighter so I guess it would be a fair fight. Having muscles doesn't make you a good fighter.

>Do you train to fight in such a way that if you won 20 gold medals in swimming, people would still know you train to fight? Or do you go to a Tae Kwan Do gym in your town every Thursday?

i train muay thai x3 per week, boxing x2 per week, bjj x3 per week. i do not train tkd as i have no need for silly disciplines. i train because i enjoy it, i do not need medals around my neck as i don't think it is something to brag about. only idiots brag about fighting.

Meh I carry a gun every day.

>would do everything I possibly could to avoid conflict

>if enraged swimmer attacks me I shoot to stop threat, which most likely ends in his death

Yes, I could take him.

In all reality if it were a straight up fight and I wasn't legally armed, it's a toss up. I'm 6 ft 185 lbs and have played hockey all of my life. I can definitely handle myself but he is a big dude.

Dude is huge and in not good shape, not great shape, but the best shape, of any human who has ever competed in Modern Olmypics (arguably of course).

The moment this guy gets his hands on you he'll fuckin ragdoll, for minutes. Muscle fatigue doesn't exist on this guy.

And if you wanna talk about aggression you should check out the gif of this guy going super saiian lol. He's fuckin hype.

How many hours have you spent training?
What level of competition do you fight at?

From my experience with people who tout themselves as trained fighters, for every one who is an actual competent athlete who fights in competitions, there are 200 idiots who went to a martial arts gym for 4 years as a teenager and got a series of participation trophies.

i'm >How do you know he isnt trained to defend himself?

training to fight causes everyone to have injuries. these would impair his swimming training a great deal so he would focus on 1 discipline to get that high level.

yes he has no fighting experience (that anyone's aware of) and I've been weightlifting and training in MMA/boxing for about 8 years now. I already have more muscle mass than he does and would bet I have way more fight experience. He's a chump

Ok, you could probably beat him then. My point was that if MP trained in martials arts, its not like you would know about it since it would be eclipsed by his accomplishments.

Phelps is 6'4'' 200lbs of solid muscle. Im sure any heavyweight semi pro fighter could beat him, but a few years of casual mma/judo/kravmaga is not going to help when he starts punching you, even if he has no real fighting skill. And if you are smaller than him he would just toss you around like a rag doll.

I love how retards honestly think that a swimmer would be able to hold his own against a trained fighter
He has no idea how to throw a punch
Block punches
Defend his limbs from being snapped
Defend his neck from being choked
Submit another person

If anything, what his 'athleticism' will do is allow him to stay conscious longer than the average human,
which honestly won't benefit him in any way

I spot a kid click clacking away on a keyboard talking shit. You can't even touch Phelps, he's too busy being a legend, something he's worked his whole life for. You're too busy talking on Sup Forums about how you're a master. I think Phelps would knock you out before you initiated contact, then he'd fuck your bitch and drive off in a car worth more than your parents house. Pipe down son.

If it involved a salad bar or buffet, then yes. I would have the upper hand.
>inclines fedora at a 30° angel in the direction of OP

Proof or you're a basement-dwelling chinbeard nancy cunt.

he is a swimmer
takedown defence would not compute with the lanky cunt
a double-leg then full-mount and he's my bitch
"fucking idiot!"

Shut up Michael.

I don't need his muscles to fatigue to put him in a submission, or punch him until he's unconscious.

Nice try guy.

XD okay Seth relax heres that hot pocket you got upset about.

>I don't fight fair
>I'm a pussy who can't fight

in the water or on dry land?

he is in perfect shape to swim. i do not understand why you are always saying about olympics, that is meaningless in a fight. the moment he gets his hands on me he will not ragdoll me unless i am child sized, that only happens in movies. muscle fatigue affects everyone, everyone has lactic acid buildup you can't train it away. and as for his aggression, that is him being very emotional as winning not aggression. emotions have very little use in a fight.

Dont you mean triangle triangle down square, tough guy? Chill, you're a joke.

Clever, but I think Mike shit on you there m8

I would just press on the pressure point behind his ear until he submitted (wouldn't take long). Phelps wouldn't stand a chance against a good pressure point fight. One finger is all I need. Iv been doing martial arts for decades now

I'm not saying it's not possible. I just think that his athleticism can drastically alter the balance that fighting skill gains.

Anyone who thinks 'I have 2 years of casual BJJ and a year of muay thai' is in for a big fuckinh surprise when a fucking monster bears down in them lol.

Kappa Kappa Kreygasm bro! Kill yourself.

I haven't fought since the day I was old enough to buy a gun.

I hate to break it to you buddy but you're as much as a joke as anybody else on this website

I don't know what that means. I'm not on here enough to get the autistic lingo you guys speak. Just come on when I'm taking a break from my training.

If you ever been in one of those gyms, you would know why. There is a mentality that the 5 hours of exercise and training those guys do a week is turning them into gods. Constant bragging, constant mocking people who don't do it.

Maybe. That reach doe.

He'll fuckin ragdoll a fully grown average sized male, no problem. He's a giant fucking Olympian with 23 gold medals and 20 years of day in day out physical training.

Fuckin butterfly translates directly into clinch skill. Probably hits like a fucking truck. You seen those lats bruh? Lol

Shit bait

Training your pokemon, sure. Literally no one in this thread is actually trained, stop.

>im a neet faggot and i dont know anything therefore nobody else knows anything either!!

Don't get baited homes, he's a prize fighter. Wait EVERYONE IS A PRIZE FIGHTER

i think you are looking at this very wrong. a fight is a fight. it is a persons will vs another persons will. he is very athletic, but you kick/knee his balls he will go down. you rnc he will go sleep. you armbar him, his arm will break. you ankle lock him his ankle will break. you throw a simple straight to his nose and his eyes will fill with tears. etc etc. he is not superman, he is a human like us. we all have our limits.

He's 6'4, 194lbs

Perfect size for me to break his long lanky arm, choke him out, or just groundpound him until he can't open his eyes

Tell me about your special moves, oh goddess of Sup Forums/combat.

>faggot who has never experienced the chaos of a real barney with a thoroughly motivated opponent

Yeah I've trained in Muay Thai for a long time. I know the braggadocio of guys who join them. They only become humble on their backs..
Watching the dedication of fighters training day in day out and maybe getting to the National level after 5-10 years really impresses how insane Phelps is.

Just because you have the tools, doesn't mean you know how to use them. He has the tools/training for a different skill.

I mean physically he obviously crushes me. I have 9 years of martial arts, but it'd be interesting.

he is a swimmer, i am a fighter. his gold medals and years of swimming mean nothing to me. his lats could be wings, they mean nothing. he will lose a fight, i do not understand why you are so angry about this.

>if you can't handle fighting at full speed for 3-4 minutes

>Sports and fights are the same

Dude... the thread seemed bait enough. You don't know shit about fights.

What you're feeling right now is called "displaced anger". You're upset someone actually trains and has accomplished something ( me ). You're taking your anger inferiority you have for yourself and projecting it onto me. I'm also trained mentally and am able see past your 3rd dimension feelings. It's quit primitive really.

This faggot? Ha!
Wouldn't last ten seconds!

I'm a dragon slayer. Heh, nothin personal kid

Because you know my life, huh?
Please go challenge trained fighters and tell me how that goes. If you do not know how to fight, it doesn't matter how 'good' your physical condition is.

>never experienced a real barney with a motivated opponent

No, just other trained fighters who train to win their fights.
Guess that's not motivation
You fucking retard
Kill yourself

Check'd

These people think strength = fighting skill

Kek

I'm not saying he's not human, I'm saying he's a fucking superhuman. It's good to know all the things you can do to defeat him though and that you have absolutely no doubt you're gonna out will a fucking machine lol.

You have those same limits. He doesn't need training to know kicking you in the balls will hurt. Thats not some secret move he wont think of.
I've seen this mentality in a lot of people who have little real fighting experience. They believe they have a magical agency to do the right moves while the other guy will flail randomly.

Fire is weak to water you retard faggot.

then i am happy you have found something you can do, because you are very ignorant about fighting. i wish you well on your dragon hunts.

He's not a fighter so probably yeah, i have fighting experience tho

Actually baited hard, nice reply. Unfortunately you're on Sup Forums so it kinda nullifies your fantasy. Sry boo.

Say that again

Maybe user is onto something. Tbqh I would start breaking down mentally if someone got up after I shot them in the head.

h8 to break it to you but anyone can get ktfo in a fight whether you do or do not train mma/boxing/whatever

only retards want to fight people ''fairly''

if it's a fight, win, don't lose

Poking holes in your made up version of reality doesn't mean I'm ignorant, sweetheart. Everyone knows a Sup Forums user can beat a 28 time Olympian in a fist fight!

Faggots thinking I'm in this thread saying Phelps is the unbeatable heavyweight champion of the universe...

Simply pointing out that his physically abilities are probably overlooked by cocky idiots like you two. You think oh he's big but he can't fight. He knows more about pain, willpower, and competing than you ever will.

Maybe you CAN beat him. But thinking you're gonna walk up, punch him with ur JKD and he's gonna crumble is naive.

he is not superhuman. he has good genetics and 20 years of swimming to be this good. if you had his body and his will to train like he does you would have his medals. and it is not about out willing a machine, it is about 2 different skill sets. he has his, i have mine. in a fight my skill set is more useful than his. it's that simple. i understand you admire the man greatly, but you are putting yourself down if you think given the same circumstances as him you couldn't do the same.

Not admiring 23 gold medals lol. Just read my post about misinterpreting my statements, I think it's two or 3 up from this one...

Gotta go now Terminator.

No trips? Pffftbbbft