Whiplash

who saw this?

a few people, ten or so, they liked it.

Everyone

miles teller should've got the oscar

as a drummer i liked it, its pretty meme-y with insults thanks to j k simmons but its an all around good movie, other than the fact miles teller is the worst actor ever.

Released on DVD in China as: "Yelling at Drumming Man"

I hate how normies spout off "le miles teller did the le drumming in the movie xD" when in actual fact he did not. Good movie though.

Well, I haven't.

He did a certain percentage.

I just did this last week and I loved it. Fletcher did nothing wrong

All of the impressive, well rehearsed shit you hear is not him.

He did a decent amount of the drumming himself. Not all of it, particularly not the end solo, but still.

> "le miles teller did the le drumming in the movie xD"

they said that, huh?

yes

I love how despite how fucking intense JK Simmons' training is, or how much emphasis is put on getting the high-price gigs, everyone else who isn't in the jazz ensemble thinks the whole career is a waste of time.

No one

cuck

Man he was such a piece of shit, reminds me of my own father.

I liked this movie a lot. My heart was beating like crazy when the credits rolled.

the kino of our generation tbqh

I smashed my house up when it finished I was so pumped but I have no skills to channel the energy.

Lmao same here, although in my case I wore my dad's workboots and started kicking in my bedroom wall, left some pretty epic marks and dents

So the difference between a god tier drummer and a mediocre drummer is the speed?

That's what the film was telling to us.

literally no one

The movie is great. JK doesn't actually have any real influence on Miles, except for the social networking by introducing Miles to that theater of people near the end. JK realized he couldn't be famous so he wanted the next best thing, which is to ride to coattails of someone else into fame. How many times do you think he told a student the story of the guy throwing a cymbal at Charlie Parker? JK only wanted to be relevant, to be like the guy in the cymbal story.

No, not the speed
The tempo

My favorite part is when he tells that college qb that he's in some shit D-III school and will never make the NFL.

>not quite my speed

One of the stupidest criticisms I see of this movie is "it doesn't portray jazz/drumming correctly" "jazz is about soul and emotion". Yeah no shit that's the point. The movie never claims that what Simmons character thinks is objectively correct. He's supposed to be a maniac who thinks jazz is about technical proficiency above all else. And the ending doesn't show Miles Teller succeeding, but actually losing because he gave in to his teacher's demands

Pretty lame movie

Sup Forums had mixed feelings when it first came out, and then most people realized it was trash

So yeah, mildly entertaining, but ultimately trash

Reddit and other faggots like to go on about how incredible it is

The film itself and all acting besides JK Simmons is pretty cringeworthy

>whiplash
>concussion
>spotlight
who comes up with these shitty fucking names

>Sup Forums
All opinions discarded redditor.

>Were you Russian or Dragon?

What did he mean by this?

They're all of equally shitty generic caliber really