Madoka Magica

I have been seeing a bunch of threads about this recently. It's one of the only anime I see talked positively of on Sup Forums. Is it worth watching? I hear it's short.

I was going to ask Sup Forums but they are a bunch of faggots and I feel like Sup Forums is the only board that knows if a show is objectively good or not

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/ 1430869160199/
youtube.com/watch?v=qVMfSvsz-3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7C6MZul0lZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=ThM-N6xKGoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bunch of underage girls dressed in sexualized outfits
Clearly, it's a must-see.

I haven't seen it but it's fucking awful

Watch it, OP. it's fantastic

The art of the show is a massive bait and switch. The first few episodes make it seem like generic weeaboo dreck, but it quickly goes fully serious. Think Moral Orel, but anime and action

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Piece of trash, but if you haven't seen a single magical girl anime and have shit taste you may like it.

>I am a mahou shoujo connoisseur

It is shit.

You have to watch a 100 other shit shows to get the nuances. Don't listen to for it is all weeaboo dreck from beginning to end. It tries to be "edgy" "just because".

If you are you should KYS.

>tfw i had to look up "mahou shoujo"

Yeah, just KYS.

>I watch anime

this isn't Sup Forums faggot

Just watch the movies.

Its pretty great. The third movie has some really beautiful visuals and music (the first two movies just cover the series).

Big tits was the best.

>I watch game of thrones

Its good. As said its an amazing bait and switch show. Tricks you into thinking its basic weeb shit and then turns into a deconstruction of girly magical anime type shows. Its pretty well written and thought out, has some emotional gut punches, and amazing animation in parts. Plus its really short. It takes like 3 days to get through.

Watch Fate/zero or Psycho-Pass instead

Rebellion is literal Urobuchi Kino

Homura literally did nothing wrong

>I talk about unrelated things in a fedora.jpg battle

Never said a word about Game of Trash pham.

It was my first anime and I loved it

The best anime ever is Neon Genesis Evangelion and I think everyone agrees, even if it is "overrated".

my animu friends had me watch it. The time travelling stuff is okay, but at the end of the day you're watching little girls (age 10?) in dresses fighting and shooting guns with magical powers. And it's just as overdramatic as you'd think.

Madoka is the alpha and omega of anime

I never watched the movies.

Should I?

NGE and End of Eva are for sure in my top 5, the movie especially is amazing just from a visual perspective. The plot, once you understand it at least, is also so creative and interesting. Turning a bunch of neat philosophical ideas into visual translations on screen is just breathtaking.

Sup Forums memed me in to watching it like a month ago. Don't make the same mistake I did.

If you're in to weeb shit and understand the the kind of animes and fanbase it's apparently trying to de-construct, then maybe it'll impress you.

If not, it's just a bunch of schoolgirls being annoying, then gradually becoming depressing. Especially if you're over 25.

I think they are supposed to be in early high school. The japanese age system is weird

Fucking spoilers asshole.

>Sup Forums, Sup Forums and fucking /vg/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/ 1430869160199/

No surprise

You probably watch capeshit too, outsider

madoka looks fucking 8, the rest could pass for 13, big tits could be 16.

It's all very pedophilic as to be expected.

you should watch madoka rebellion but don't bother with the recap movies.

As another user said, the first 2 movies are basically a retelling of the anime, so it's useless to watch them unless you want to suffer this trash a second time.
The third movie is completely new, most people who enjoyed the series liked it. If you didn't like the anime then you probably won't like it.

The first 2 movies are just recaps of the tv show with better visuals and maybe one or two added shots. Its not worth it imo.

The third movie however is fantastic. Especially if you loved the show. The only issue with it is the endings plot twist that essencially ruins the shows ending, and makes you absolutely hate a character due to motives that are questionable at best. Other than the ending though, its honestly amazing.

why is it always those cancerous Sup Forums nerds?
why is it never actual patricians that know about art from /lit/ or Sup Forums??

>3 days
>Hes never marathoned the entire show at once.

The entire run time comes to about 4 hours. Its so much better to watch just as a long movie with no breaks.

You missed /m/ there and Captain America is my favorite movie.

Avoid
third
movie

When I watched it I did 4 episodes at a time I think.
Really though, shows like this make me wish every anime was 12 episodes. Prolonging storylines with filler is just annoying, people should focus on just making a concise show that doesnt overstay its welcome.

On a side note, has anyone here watched Kamen Rider Gaim? Its written by the writer of Madoka, and has similiar themes and story elements in that its a bit of a twist on Kamen Riders as Madoka is a twist on Magical Girl Animes. Only difference is Gaim is fucking trash

>Hate.

What is there to hate? Infact I loved it, it felt real, what an actual real person in love would feel like and want, not some fairytale crap.

u mean cross posters talking about it positively

I personally thought her motivations were justifiable, but I know a lot of people who think going absolutely psycho was completely out of character and I can see where they are coming from.

She still did everything wrong, but I can see why she thought she was right

This is the kind of anime you discuss on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

Sup Forums doesn't discuss this show. They just dump images of their shitty lesbian ships

yeah only garbage fedoracore trash that panders to 15 year old videogame sensibilities

Because /lit/ is too busy being dead, fighting about genre fiction and shitposting about John Green to give a fuck about Sup Forums.

It's one of those stories that attempts to "subvert" the genre, by falling right into all of the genre's tropes.
It's edgy bullshit that weebs think is smart, because it's edgy.
>Look! We made little girl cry :.^( Crying is artistic. We make art.

>in love
I never interpreted it as love. She calls it love, but I think Homuras feelings for Madoka is straight up obsession that she interpreted as love. Don't forget that she had to go back and relive watching her die who knows how many times. That can't be healthy on a person. For her to confuse her obsession with love I feel is more in character than her having actual romantic feelings for her

youtube.com/watch?v=qVMfSvsz-3Y

It's trash, watch Psycho Pass instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=7C6MZul0lZ8

It's trash, watch Ghost in the Shell instead.

>browsing an anime forum
>OH MY GOD HE ACTUALLY KNOWS ANIME TERMS WHAT A DORK

It's trash, better watch nichijou

thats trash too
read a fucking book pleb

this

pretty good desu

get ready to be mind-fucked

Sup Forums is actually the worst place to talk about this show. Insane tripfags made the threads so bad all threads needed to be deleted on sight.

I'm not sure if the movies were needed.

>being this autistic
lmao kill yourself

They weren't. As much as I liked Rebellion, I wish it didn't exist. Now we need a whole nother movie just to wrap the series up

Madoka general on Sup Forums is pure fucking cancer

>all these retarded buzzwords
lmao kill yourself fucktard

>not being autistic on an actual art board
lmao fuck off back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums kid

>read a fucking book pleb

>anime
Fuck off, Sup Forumseddit retard kids.

Is she gay? Why just suddenly decide to be evil

>actual art board

Holy fuck what kind of autistic pathetic fucktard made this picture?
Kill yourself you cancerous normalfaggot, Sup Forums is an anime wesbite

She is gay and the bitch that became god just wanted to play with her little brother instead.

Holy shit you are butthurt

>Sup Forums meme face man
GO HOME GAMER(lol they actually call themselves that lmao)

Not an argument

epic image

Are you new or just completely retarded?
No one on Sup Forums uses the term gamer unironically

It's a dark take on the magical girl genre of anime.

Are you ok with cute anime girls? Are you ok with lots of drama and crying? Are you ok with lots of dbz-esque battles?

If yes to all 3 then you'll like this.

will Sup Forums ever fuck off back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums? i know they can't go to Sup Forums or Sup Forums since those guys make them insecure but still

>le starter pack maymay
Fuck off with this unfinny bullshit

>labeling something a fedora battle

Holy fuck you're cringe inducing

When will you guys stop being mad over Deadpool being good.

she's obviously a huge dyke pedophile.

>this pathetic fucktard that spouts the same buzzwords over and over

Get a life Jesus chrrist

Why would we browse this board and not be into weeb shit? What kind of retard doesn't like anime but decides Sup Forums.org is a great place to spend their time?

Newfags like these retards

Madoka is great and isn't an enormous time investment at only 12 or so episodes. The 3rd movie is excellent, and the only one that you should watch.

How the fuck does mami seem 16 to you? You would look at a girl with those toys and that voice and think, "oh yeah totally 16." If they told me she was 18 to 21 it wouldn't even phase me.

i got it from here though

Yes, it's incredible.

I always assumed that the main cast ranged from 13-16 and mami was 17ish

Its not like their age really matters anyway

This board is for live action material
If it wasn't moot wouldn't have made this board separate from Sup Forums

I seriously hope you aren't referring to the site as "board", /r/anime student

Then congratulations, you got it from someone who is almost as cancerous as you are

17 is fair. But that's hardly pedophilic at all.

i got it from Sup Forums
if i'm cancerous and the person i got it is cancerous and the board is just like us does that mean you're cancerous too?

Caught it yesterday. This scene in particular was stunning.
youtube.com/watch?v=ThM-N6xKGoo

Just stop. This entire site is named Sup Forums. I wouldn't go to a site named kubrickcentral and expect most of their boards not to be influenced by a certain type of movie making.

Don't be intellectually dishonest about this. People browse this place because they either don't mind weeb shit or they're a retard.

>tfw all me

So you are new. What brought you to this board? bane? game of shits? capeshit?

I suspect all three, but you can pick just one if it makes you feel less tourist tier

Nah

I've been on this site since 2005. What did you come during cho's high score? Boxxy? Shut the fuck up about things you don't even understand. And keep whining about how a chan site has an anime influence.

>all that projecting
You are the newshit retard, fuck off

So then you were here for the creation of this board. Tell me then, user

Why did he make this board if Sup Forums was enough? Why did he make another anime board?