Honestly, harry potter was one of the worst film series

Honestly, harry potter was one of the worst film series
of the last decade. I have no idea how it got so popular or
why every kid became obsessed with it for an entire generation.
even considering the impact the books had on the genre,
very few scholars would consider the books or the movies an
example of a literary/artistic masterpiece. Now that its over, I
remain confident that future generations will consider these movies awful.

Gr8 b8 m8, books and films are awsome

You sound like a fucking mudblood faggot

Harry Potter isn't perfect, but they are great films for movies based off teenage fiction novels. Compare them to franchises like Twilight and the Hunger Games. You will see Harry Potter is far superior.

>mudblood detected

People liked it because faggots and child star Emma Watson. Just like Chloe Grace Moretz she was in shit before and no one cared, suddenly stick her in a tight latex suit and have her swing around a stage. Plus they both had that school uniform. Instant popularity, faggots and pedos everywhere.

what is awesome about them in particular?

I used to like that franchise when I was a kid, now I see that it's dumb shit

it's like comparing a solid piece of shit with a taco bell diarrhea

>here be muggles

Better than the Star Wars reboot.

I can't make it past the first fucking book, garbage writing loved by garbage people

it became popular because it was an easy read with characters that are easy to relate to.

OP is a lonely faggot who thinks that reading artistic masterpieces is the norm among working class adults and isn't considered a hobby like fishing or running

I think Harry Potter was genius in the sense that the people who produced the movies made BILLIONS by literally selling SHIT

Lol

Yeah that's right. They made eight films because of Emma Watson . Whether you like the films or not that statement is so fucking retarded it makes my head hurt

Nah but what do i know should of been better

I agree

they made 8 films because the first one made them lots of money.... as did the second, and third, ect.

it's almost as if they were good movies or something

It was a fun story. That's it.

Agree but harry is a bitch you can not doubt that

Marketing, plain and simple. The marketing budget was probably obscene, but it payed off.

Let us look at it this way. Surely something must be "good" if they take the time to make 8 films. A good example of something not being worth the time to make films would be: the chronicles of narnia.

Literally marathoning the movies right now so perhaps it is time for you to kill yourself

Lol i running out of chips got any better bate bro?

The books were great, everyone who's a fan of the series was introduced to it at an early age which is why the film was so popular in the first place.

But i'll admit that after the 4th/5th movie it became stale, dark, dull, and boring. The magic that made the first 2 movies classics was gone, mostly because of the constant changes of directors and cast.

>I have no idea how
>why
>Now that its over, I
remain confident
So you're just stupid, get over it and don post your slow thoughts here.

the books are okay, simple characters and easy to relate, good for kids/teenagers. I honestly like the books series, the movies are quite shit tho.

Hipster faggot

>can't conjure his own bait
>mugglefag

No it's just that OP and a few /lit/ fags are the hipsters of books.

>>I only like good books.... but you've probably never heard of them. All the characters are deep, the plot is deep, and it has 50 shades of meaning that you'll probably never get

Agree book are always better lol imagination beat some 28-45 year olds idea any day

Haha squib detected

Yeah and thats like says Zootopia isnt super popular because of Judy Hopps and faggots eating that shit up, thus any future sequels spawned in large part wouldn't be caused by that character carrying the shit films weight

>tfw a book isn't Walden

Ye. I think most people would agree that the last stretch of harry potter movies were pretty shit, but people went to watch it because the books were good. I tried marathoning the series but I honestly stopped giving a fuck at the half blood prince.

>marathoning movies
>stops to shitpost on Sup Forums

this is me....

I seriously will shitpost on Sup Forums in between movies/anime/games loading screens

Why not buddy get that anger out lol

not really a marathon if you take breaks now is it

beside obvious unfunny jokes can you, faggots, make an intelligence statement about what is particularly good in this movies/books?

I just get bitter about the fact that JK Rawling had no fucking idea what she was doing, and was obsessed, and still is, with staying relevant so her main concern became trying to come up with the new coolest or edgiest idea to make her magical world seem more magical, from bullshit prophecies, to retarded myths, to idiotic plot holes like the horcruxes, and the deathly hallows, to after the books and movies were done, decided, fuck it, faggots are trendy now, gandalf was gay.

Movies were alright, but were tied to a sinking ship that was JK. Snape was fucking amazing, especially the way Alan Rickman personified him, and the Malfoy's were squandered villains.

Also, I'm satan apparently.

ITT: miserable people trying to make others as miserable failures as themselves.

I was 11 and i read them during school better than maths lol

But Alan rickman was always good in movies ive seen !

>better than maths
>maths
and how about english?

tbh smh fam cuck

Wtf id the dif between maths and maths dip shît

>Implying it should be math??
>Its short for mathematics
>Mathematics is plural
>Therefore abbreviation must be plural
>Therefore maths

amerifuck off

kek

Fucking Hufflepuff beta cuck

Couldn't agree with you more, OP. The Harry Potter franchise is just the abortion of a demented mind, and J.K. Rowling should be flogged in public for serving that crap to an entire generation of wilful morons. Such a waste of money and time when you consider all the good books that have been overlooked because of this shite. Even an adpatation of frikkin' Enid Blyton would have been better.

Lol did you get puffed by a huffle?

>bitter Eragon fanboy detected

Don't you mean Hufflecuck?

Sectum sempra

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA love chibing cunts wae spells man.

Fucking 13 year olds.

Yer da was a milk man.