en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/octopus
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/02/the-blood-harvest/284078/
priceonomics.com/the-business-of-seal-clubbing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be American Xiphosura
>get MILKED

What am i looking at

Milking horseshoe crab for sexual

Those are horshoe crabs being bled. Their blood is blue because there's copper in it instead of iron. I don't know why this is happening though.

Only in Trump's America.

>tfw will never be tied up and milked until you die
Why even go on

Because its really valuable. It's one of the most expensive liquids in the world.

the fuck

>whyboner.png

According to a tineye link, the blood can locate bad bacteria in human blood and encapsulate it rendering it inert.

Lol. What is the problem then? They aren't endangered.

what could possibly justify this? and don't say greed or healing people.

Actually now I'm more upset at myself for not writing amerikkka instead.

those slutty crabs are being injected with a highly potent aphrodisiac at a "breeding farm"

Most of them don't even die and are released back into the wild

Do they not eat crab in Sweden?

look at these pretentious cunts
they watch mexican gore every day
but can't handle a little crab blood or whatever that is

>eating organisms capable of suffering

You're just jelly cause we're making bank.

>what could justify this
>but don't actually justify this

Money and medicine both justify this. They're common, barely sentient* animals. Don't fucking pretend their lives have meaning.

* to head off the inevitable; to be sentient means only to perceive the world in some way which allows you to respond to stimulation. A sunflower or flytrap is sentient. Intelligence and metacognition are part of sapience. Only humans are inarguably sapient, with dolphins and some corvids in the grey area.

>Catholics will defend THIS

but we need to justify this
please justify
everything on Sup Forums should be justified first

>implying invertebrates are capable of suffering
No animal which cannot conceive of an abstract self can understand the idea of suffering.

>Jehovah's Witnesses won't

DONT TORTURE THINGS THAT "GO OUCH"

It's a fucking crab you dumbasses. It has no feelings and it probably can't feel pain.

This is nothing like what chinks do to dogs and cats who do have feelings and complex nervous systems.

>blue blood
hahahahahahahaha

>casually ignores the dubious ethics of pork and beef production

snibbity snab

> this kills the crab

>leafs and swedes shilling for veganism

>shifting his share of suffering tokens to foreigners

how typical

>Leafs think they have a right to criticize others for animal abuse.

At least we don't club cute baby seals to death.

I'm just calling out hypocritical behaviour. Especially in regards to pigs.

have you savages heard about florida stone crabs? look up claw harvesting. you are basically allowed to catch, declaw and release them. they will grow their claws back.

Crabs are such cool creatures, I'm really sad that they're so delicious.

Same with octopuses, octopuses are cool as fuck.

*behavior

Actually, they are threatened and could soon become endangered.

Gruesome to be sure but sensationalist attitudes aside way more ethical than the trophy hunting industry.

Pigs and Cows have been bred for eating. Cats and dogs have been bred for intelligence and companionship. It shows. Cows are seriously beyond stupid. They're almost as bad as horses. They'll tear their mouth up with splinters chewing on fenceposts and run straight into trees.

Pigs are actually pretty smart, but they are also delicious, so they'll just have to accept being food.

Underrated post.

>octopuses
Octopi*

*technically Octopodes, but fuck Greek.

Cows aren't as dumb as you think. If you looked into their pair bonding behaviours when it comes to grazing and similar studies you'd see this.

Nice. Looks like something out of Alien. What happens with the crab's shell? Is their meat tasty?

But that is wrong, it's octopuses again.

A herd animal having comparatively complex herd behaviors is not a particularly good indicator of intelligence. Rather, it's to be expected. It's entirely possible for an animal to demonstrate sophisticated behaviors in select contexts while exhibiting poor intelligence overall.

Octopus comes from a Greek root word, and thus technically should be used with Greek plurals. Octopodes is the most accurate term.

Their shell is thin and the inside mostly hollow; they're shown there folded almost in half. Their meat is inedible.

They collect the blood from them to use in medical tests, their blood is unique in that it uses copper instead of iron which is why it's blue, this can be used as a way for testing for bacteria. The animals are released after a set amount of blood is drained and most do not die from the procedure.

No but this isn't herd behaviour that's what's do interesting. But one to one bonding and preference in feeding partners.

Look kid, I'm studying marine biology.
The original plural form of octopus from the 1700 was "octopuses". But around that time there was a grammatical movement to make English more regular, so it was changed to having a latin ending; octopi. But since octopus isn't a latin word and was in fact greek, the plural form was changed to octopodes. The thing is, when a foreign word enters the English language, it is treated as an English word, meaning "octopuses" is the correct plural form.

>most
W T F
???????

Here is proof: en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/octopus

you don't have to understand suffering to suffer

And in actual usage alternative plurals are preferred for words ending in S, for ease of pronunciation. Octopuses has an awkward "ses" at the end that adds an unnecessary repeating syllable.

Also, since fucking when has the English language giving half a fuck about root-language related inconsistencies?

i think he is one of those people insisting on plurals like viri in the context of software viruses.

Yes you do. Anything unable to understand suffering cannot by definition suffer, because it cannot conceive of the possibility of other states of being. To such an animal, there is only the way things are. The idea of things being better or worse is foreign.

That doesn't mean that "octopuses" is wrong, which you implied in your first post.
Octopi is dead wrong, octopodes is used occasionally, but the correct form according to dictionaries is octopuses.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/octopus

You don't have to understand that a red hot poker is searing your flesh to feel the pain.

How do we understand if someone or something understands suffering? I don't understand.

But can they feel pain?

What the fuck

There was a study which exposed crabs to electrical shocks if they did a certain thing. They responded by avoiding them, which could mean that they can feel pain.

Neat. Perfectly ethical too.

>At least we don't club cute baby polar niggers to death.

FTFY

it's for medicine

>what could possibly justify this?
>and don't say healing people

>and don't say healing people

we arent torturing them you stupid fuck they dont even know they're alive and even if they did their nervous systems are meme-tier we literally suck life-saving medicine out of them and release them back into the wild and they dont even fucking notice

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/02/the-blood-harvest/284078/

>they dont even know they're alive
>they dont even fucking notice
This is false. Crustaceans are proven to be capable of feeling pain.

Go take your bleeding heart elsewhere Sven, your pathetic cuckoldry has no place here

You sound like some seriously fucked up serial killer.

This is life saving medicine. The horseshoe crabs have about a 70% survival rate, which aint bad since before they used to drain them dry

It's like those futa milk farms hentai but with craps.

My family owns one of these plants.
Its not unlikely that this is the same one, very valuable stuff and saves a lot of lives

>with craps
i bet they could do that too

>his country is literally dying
>his women being raped, and men being killed, by savages imported in the millions
>his concern is directed towards the well being of a crab

You're either incredibly stupid, or a coward. Which is it?

Horse shoe crabs are being bled since its blood can help detect impurities on some medication I think. So about 6% die due to the handling but compared to now it is illegal to hunt them, it seems fine (fishermen used to chop them up and use them as bait, they almost became extinct).

Err is this what Japs are doing?

Crabs don't suffer m8. I've seen them crawl into boiling water for laughs. They fuggin love to be eaten.

It's a very quick death, and seals are far from endangered.

Read this article.

priceonomics.com/the-business-of-seal-clubbing/

A fucking Kabuto!

For some reason seal clubbing elicits some sort of sadistic pleasure out of me.
And the way the hunting knives since through the blubber all smooth...
But all these youtube videos are either activists or post-kill gutting.

To be honest I don't know how this this still legal.

I mean, it's illegal for an animal shelter to gas unwanted pets even though honestly it isn't a painful process for the animal (No, I don't support it but just from an objective comparison for this argument) but people can gladly do bash seals skulls in and nothing is done at all about it.

Probably because the people bating the seals depends on it for living.

>justify this
>but don't use the justification for it!!

>skrzyplocz.jpg

This is in Japan, the worker I. The backgroudn is clearly Asian

This is where non-/an/ goers act like retards,

INVERTEBRATES HAVE NO PAIN RECEPTORS. THEY CANNOT FEEL PAIN THE WAY WE DO AT ALL, AND THEY CANNOT PROCESS SUFFERING

VERTEBRATES DO HAVE PAIN RECEPTORS OBJECTIVELY, WHEREAS ONLY MAMMALS AND BIRDS ARE CAPABLE OF PROCESSING SUFFERING AND TORMENT
MAMMALS GO THROUGH IT IN AN ALMOST IDENTICAL FASHION TO HUMANS

A FUCKING SHELLED SPINELESS INVERT NOT ONLY WONT FEEL PAIN BUT IT WONT GRASP THE CONCEPT OF ITSELF BEING TORTURED

What's it used for?

and?

i like it

Just pointing out that OP is retarded and that this thread is poor bait

Are there no Asians in America?