Could YuGiOh (or any other TCG) become an olympic sport? I mean, fucking ping pong its an olympic sport

Could YuGiOh (or any other TCG) become an olympic sport? I mean, fucking ping pong its an olympic sport.

Fag

kys

if dressage is an olympic sport then esports can be olympic sports

Yu gi oh might die now that they shut down all computer games for it (pic related) to force everyone to play their new online game which will be shut down in a couple years

Ok

Equestrian is the most BS olympic sport of them all

They used to have olympic judging of the arts.
I cant see much of a reason it could be included in the summer, maybe their should be a third event, summer, winter and then... idk mental sports?
You could have darts and snooker in as well as TCGs etc.

i think competitive sport fucking should be an olympic sport so OPs mom can be the all-time reining champ

Ping pong is based though

They had MTG on ESPN back in the 90s. But yugioh come on op stop being a fag.

Are you talking about YGO: Duel Links?

Just wait: now skate, tomorrow YUGYOH

is pokemon go a sport?

should it be olympycs (who can catch more pokemon for example)?

forget yu gi oh, ddr is the next new olympic sport.

>Played this game 10 years ago
>Pic related made me want to play this game again
>Started reading about new decks and stuff
>Saw al those xyz, synchro and pendulum shit I don't even understand
>Got frustrated

Life is hard

fuck you op, i'll destroy you in yu-gi-oh and ping pong

>YuGiOh
Are the rules really that hard? I remember seeing people playing it in high school but never really cared much to learn the game.

They're insane, the game has changed a lot since it first came out

I used to play Pokémon TCG and after a couple of years I switched to MTG which I recall it was much harder to learn. Does YuGiOh differ greatly from these two?

It will be a Japanwinslol event. Plus it's like watching paint dry considering the state of Yu-Gi-Oh these days.

mind as well add Street fighter smash melee LoL COD CSGO and more esport cancer

Theyre already thinking of adding e-games as an olympic sport

>TCG
>Sports

Too focused on luck. Even though there's a great deal of strategy that can be found (anywhere that isn't in a major tournament, wherein it's just autowin combo faggotry) in these games, there's too little guarantee that a winner at the end of a YGO game will be the "best" and not the luckiest coin flip winner/topdeck king.

I honestly don't know the rules of those games

Basic Yu-Gi-Oh! rules were kind of simple.
>Draw one card every turn
>You could only normal summon one monster per turn
>Level 5-6 requires one tribute, levels 7-12 require two
>You could use up to five monsters at the same time
>You could use up to five magic or traps plus one field card at the same time

That's pretty much it, besides some other stuff but you get the point.
Then they included Synchro summon, Xyz summon, Pendulum summon, contact fusion mechanics, all kind of special summoning mechanics, banishing mechanics, targeting mechanics, excavating mechanics, more complex chain mechanics, column mechanics and so on

For a guy who played the game through 2002-2005 it's a absolutely different game now

Of course it's not a super-complex game but you get the point, it's not the same simple, basic game it once was

no but hearthstone will be

Synchros are kinda gimmicky and Introduced the whole "lemme spam 20 summons per turn" decks
Xyz are pretty balanced actually since you can only activate their affect once or twice and they are pretty easy to understand
Pendulums are just fucking shit

Hearthstone is awful, and I'm really in awe as to why so many people like it. It's slow as shit, there is virtually zero technical intricacy, there isn't a single interesting card in the entire game, and deck building yields virtually zero surprises. Playing MTG(EDH and Cube), Force of Will, YGO, and Vanguard must have spoiled me.

I play it quite often. I mean it isn't hard. It is easy once you know what to do. Like Synchros and XYZ came off as cancerous assfaggot shit, but when I realized how easy they are to use, then it was easy. The toughest part is the mind games aspect of it. Such as is that face down card something lile mirror force or is it just a bluff, etc. Fun game when you realize how to play it.

>tfw no irl twisted metal olympic event

>mom will never drive me to Toys R Us on Saturday morning for a Yu Gi Oh tournament again

did you win?

What the fuck are these? I stopped playing after egyptian god cards were introduced

Poker and Bridge would get there before any other card game.

If you included dweeby child monster games, Magic would get in first, and Pokémon would get recognition before Yu-Gi-Oh.
Also, Yugioh is less deserving than some underground ones like Magi Nation.

Why am I suddenly filled with self-disgust for typing this post?

You should be more concerned with what the fuck THESE are. Because thats when it started going downhill.

wtf is this shit.

the future

what is this and where do I read all the new rules and shit??

Who /hearthstone/ here?

no I wasn't very good but I was like 9 and playing older teenagers

Regardless, this isn't in the Olympics yet, so this belongs in /tg/

just watch the new anime. it explains everything.

what the fuck card is that

Synchros (white) and Xyz (black) monsters are kinda like fusions, you put them in the extra deck too.
Synchros are kinda stupid desu, i cant deny that. To synchro summon you need to send to the graveyard a tuner monster (theyre regular monsters except they have the tuner type in the card effect, like spirit and toon monsters) and a non-monster and the level of those two monsters combined has to be equal to the synchro monster you want to summon.
For example: lvl 3 tuner+lvl 2 non-tuner=lvl 5 synchro monster.

Xyz are easier to understand, you just need 2 (or more) monsters of the same level, but instead of sending the monsters to the graveyard, you put them under the xyz monster and they become xyz material. You use the xyz material to activate their effects. Pretty balanced desu (pic related)

Pendulums are fucking dumb, they made dragon rulers an official game mechanic lol

Non-tuner monster* shit, I messed up there.

>tfw paintball, the only thing i'm decent at in this shitty life will never be an olympic sport

>skateboarding gets to be one though

>nostalgia fags calling yugioh bad because it got more complex

kys and go back to Sup Forums

Delete your account

Elder Scrolls Legends is the new hotness

nobody did that tho

Explain to me why table tennis shouldn't be a sport. I honestly don't see any reason to exclude it.

everything after synchros was a mistake and killed the game.

>olympic darts
God I never wanted something more than that. Darts is literally banter: the sport, and imagine people like snakepot and Barney in the fucking operning ceremony of the olympics, man o man.

kill urself my man

>not Magic
kill yourself you dumb spic.

Synchros were shit tho. Xyz are good

E-sports will be in the Olympics by 2060

not happening m8

>not Pokemon TCG