I'm fucking tired of having acne, it simply hasn't gone away with getting older

I'm fucking tired of having acne, it simply hasn't gone away with getting older.

Sup Forums I need every single (legitimate/safe) tip to get rid of acne.

What can I do to stop/treat/prevent it?
>Stop eating dairy/chocolate/fried food? Check pillow case? Ice? Greentea?

Other urls found in this thread:

netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/skin-and-hair/a8520/duac-once-daily-gel-benzoyl-peroxide-clindamycin/
acne.org/messageboard/topic/286381-how-i-cured-my-adult-acne/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go to a dermatologist and get a proper treatment, dumbass.
Also exercise, a clean diet and avoiding fatty foods would help, but you're better off going to the doctors.

climb up onto the roof and jump off.

try some acne cream with aloe vera or something, wash your face every day, dont scrub hard, don't touch your face unless washing, stop sweating so much, shave that neckbeard, it's cold underneath, trust me

/thread

in the same boat bro.

took accutane and got rid of my awful teenage acne but in the past couple years it's come back around my chin and neck annoying.

going to the dermatologist soon to get it figured out.

I find though when i workout that it dies down though. don't know the broscience behind it, but it works decently.

>and
I already did that when I was younger, all the treatment pills they gave me didn't work that they were forced to offer me accutane but that shit is too dangerous and don't want to risk my health

You ever wonder why clearasil, noxema, et al. have been around so long with the same skin products meant to "clear up" zits, acne, pimples?

Wash your face with warm water. Nothing more. Occasionally with an oatmeal based bar of soap.

Put those fuckers out of business with their snake oil.

Check my reply, sometimes going to the dermatologist isn't good enough, I'll do any massive lifestyle changes if it stops my acne

I did so much research that I came across stuff saying those soap wash products didn't really help to get people to buy more

Wash your pillow case every week or just dont use a pillow but keep sheets clean. You're welcome.

apply the oil in tuna cans to your skin
works for me, i love tuna
you can take a shower like 15 to 20 min after because you will smell like tuna but that's ok with me

thanks for the advice but do you have any other tips different from acne creams? I gone from proactiv to some other 20 different creams

how will this help? i always sleep face up

Why do you feel compelled to go on the internet and gratuitously give useless "advice" on a subject you are so obviously incompetent?

Diets have no effect on acne, period. But I guess you are one of these people that rather spent hundreds of dollars on useless essential oils rather than taking actual medications, or one of those scums that wouldn't vaccine his children.

You are a plague, and having to deal with people like you daily is slowly driving me insane

I might try this but I'm just wondering, wouldn't this make the acne worst since it's basically a blocked pore filled with oil. Wouldn't adding more oil be counterproductive?

this wash your pillowcases more

go to a dermatologist and ask for roancutan.

deal with it for 4 months and presto

Wait user I'm not like that, I already been to doctors and stuff and have taken medications (just isn't very effective for me and expensive)
I was just checking if /b knew of any lifestyle changes that would help

I have bad acne problems too OP. My suggestion is for you to get rid of all dairy products from your diet

>not the previous user
i just went to a girl beauty store and said "hey look at my face, how is this fixable?''
now my face looks real great.
was 180 euros thoooooo

I was assuming the same, I seen a high correlation with me eating diary to getting breakouts afterwards. I think it might be all the toxins and hormones in it that might be harmful

Do you drink soda? I was a pizza face when i was a teen. I break out if i drink so much as a coke. Luckily i dont like soft drinks.

Pretty much keep your face relatively clean and especially free of grease, watch your sugar intake, and if you are so prone to acne that that doesnt even work, then my very best advice to you (which id rather you took even now), is get used to having acne.

The other thing that happens with age is people stop giving a shit. Im 28 and i havent even heard behind the back shit talk about acne in 10 years. Seriously no one cares.

lol 180 euros is nothing compared to the 1000+ I spent over my teenage years

wash all of your bedding regularly, eat less greasy foods, and wash your hands and face after particularly greasy meals.

I'll do that to reduce my sugar in take, soda doesn't even taste that good.
I don't seem to care much but from time to time some of the acne is painful and itchy so I rather try to stop it

netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/skin-and-hair/a8520/duac-once-daily-gel-benzoyl-peroxide-clindamycin/

Ask for Duac from the docs

I took benzoyl peroxide for like 5 years and wasn't very effective, tho this might still help other user's

Put VapoRub on your face when you sleep

literally all you have to do is fall asleep with a fresh towel on your pillow every night. you do laundry a lot but it's worth it.

I'll do that tonight but what type of towel? Paper towel/cloth? Dry/wet?

Dip your face in a vat of liquid nitrogen. I used to have uncontrollable acne. I haven't had a single pimple since.

Rub bleach in small doses on your acne atleast two times a day for a week. Will get rid of them guaranteed!

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

You might as well tell me to rub some sulfuric acid instead

You'd get better results with hydrofluoric acid

just a cloth towel man, dry and clean. the reason we have acne is because our pillows are disgusting bags of filth and grease, swear to god this is the healthiest and best way to deal with acne. if you don't touch your face for a day and do this at night, you'll notice a difference literally by the next morning

Use only mild natural soap

Google Jojoba oil and buy that shit on Amazon right Fucking now. Use it on your face after you wash and your skin will say "hey, I'm all moist and oily, no need to produce any more" unlike any factory produced moisturizer it will 100% absorb in and leave 0 reside.

>nature ftw

>i dont care its just itchy and painful.

Oh youre reasonable. Ok.

All the above advice plus go to a doctor. There are prescription meds that can help you.

1. eat healthily. everything. mostly vegetables, lean meat, avoid fruit for a couple,of months,,see if it helps.
2.exercise every day. will use up your loose hormones and clear your sweat glands
3.drink plenty of water
4. fap less, 3 times a week should be fine
5. plenty of sunlight, every single day. expose your back to it
6. go swimming in a clean pool, the light dose of chlorine might help,not to mention the exercise
7. clean your room completely, keep it really clean and free of dust.
8. wash your sheets with mild washing powder once a week
9. don't use soap, if you do, use a special extemely mild natural one. don't strip the oils from your skin
Also, wash with cold water, never hot.

10. if you want to try an experiment, use the caveman regime for a month.
That means no water on your face, no soap, no touching your face with your fingers.
to remove food residue, splash cold water lightly on your mouth.

Nooooooooo

11. never squeeze your spots
let them heal naturally

if one doesn't dry up or reduce in size after a few days, drain it carefully without crushing the surrounding skin, clean it with some alcohol and don't touch it again

You shouldn't need any drugs, a lot of them carry serious side effects which might fuck up your life.
Same goes for hair loss drugs, they can make you into a permanent eunuch. Simply not worth it. Read about it.

I prefer Nitric Acid.

I steal if from work.

Just be sure to use an all glass container with a glass stopper to transport it

The key to fixing acne is laying on your back, lifting your legs over your head and jacking off onto your own face

I agree this works.

tried this. three of my pimples ended up pregnant

now I have to pay child support
fuck you

+1 I can confirm this works.

Got to do it every day tho

Be sure to close your pores with witchhazel

fake and gay.

Fapping is responsible for breakouts. So if you fap, try to cut down.

Also, when you rinse your face, finish off with really cold water to close the pores on your face.

Wash your fucking face once in a while.

Stop rubbing the semen from all the cocks you suck on your face.

Seriously enough is enough

I had accutane and nothing bad happened, it's not dangerous at all as long as you don't get sunburnt and keep your skin moisturized.

You aré in the right place user

Step 1. Don't touch your face unless your hands and face are clean.

Step 2. Don't put your face on anything dirty. Wash your pillow case as much as you need to, to keep it clean.

Step 3. Wash and exfoliate your face daily. When you get up, wash your face with a CLEAN towel. When you go to sleep, exfoliate and wash again.

See the trend here? You have to clean your face and not get shit on it.

If you sweat during the day, wash it off.

Get something on your face? Wash it off.

Face itchy? Either don't scratch it, or wash your hands and face after scratching it.

You think people with nice skin just get it for free? You have to maintain shit like that.

Wash your bed sheets, wash your pillow case, sleep on your back, wash your face, wash your hands.

WASH, WASH, WASH.

Step 4. You won't have acne

Have acne for 6 years. Literally tried everything from antibiotics, to every OTC cream, to trentinoid cream and accutane.

Had really persistent acne, but most of the hot spots and clogged regions are unclogged. I am mostly dealing with redness now...

Here is what I did:
1) Clean sheets every week and change cases after 2 days (switching sides each night)
2) Bought and used manuka honey (no more than +10 UMF or 550+ MMF, shit is expensive too) - Put that on my face as a mask twice a week
3) Followed this routine to a T : acne.org/messageboard/topic/286381-how-i-cured-my-adult-acne/
I bought an electric coffee grinder and I blend up my own oatmeal face scrub as a really fine powder which I keep in my gym protein shake container.
I still use benzol peroxide for those regions that get clogged...
4) Have oatmeal baths twice a week - I buy rolled oats and stockings, fill it up, put it in the bath to soak, then wash my face with the stockings and relax in bath. This does wonders to exfoliating and clearing your skin and helping to destress/relax.

5) I take Vitamin D3, Zinc and Fish Oil tablets daily.

It's taken about 3 months with this regime but it's been about 70% clearer and has been the most effective regime for me yet.

Ask me anything

I've had tons of friends who used acutane and nothing happened, and if it does, you get depressed and kill yourself. It's a win win

Isotretinoin is the only real solution. google goldpharma

I forgot to mention that I use the fine oatmeal powder to make oatmeal masks. I use manuka honey after I add water. Leave for 30 minutes, wash off. Pat dry. Once a week.

Oatmeal bath KEK

- watch what you eat - certain foods will make you break out, you should know from experience and just write down what you eat if you do start to break out.
- wash your face, use a toner, and moisturize every morning and evening (i use a vichy brand, spend 60 bucks total for the wash, toner, and lotion every 2 months or so but worth it)
- refrain from shaving - i found that shaving would lead to break outs A LOT....i now have a beard lol

dont be discouraged - i dealt with acne for a good 12 years from grade 9 through to years after university...theres hope

exfoliate

P.S. when you wash your face, do it with a clean towel, and nothing else.

Soap dries out your skin, which cues it to replenish the area with natural oils. This will makes your face oily and if you don't wash your face again, the oil will clog your pores resulting in acne. The idea is to remove the oil, and have it replenish slowly, ideally not before you wash your face again.

Can someone tell me their shower routine? I think that's the main cause of my acne, but I can't figure out what to do. I've used dozens of products, from harsh to gentle (Cetaphil, Dove, Neutrogena Acne Wash, CeraVe, etc.), and none of the products seem to make a difference.

In fact, I just use water, which has helped, but I still get a little bit. Even just a 30 second shower of warm water completely dries out my skin, and makes my nose peely and itchy. It's ridiculous.

So when you shower, do you touch your face then? Do you let water touch your face in the shower? wtf do I do. I feel like I can't get any more gentle than I already am.

Stop using those Neutrogena shit, it dries your skin out which leads to more oil being produces and more acne.

I use Dove soap, wash my face. Then I use the oatmeal scrub (pour in my hands, add a little water and then scrub) morning and night.

After the shower I use tissues to pat dry my face as towels are ridden with bacteria.

yeah, unfortunately I've already tried Dove - both bar and liquid - and they're both too drying for me.

Kate Sommerville makes really good products.

I use her anti-bac benzol cream and her Gentle face wash. Maybe use that instead of soap. But oatmeal is definitely the shit bro.

Ok, I dont have time to read the whole tread, it might differ depending on your genes but this is my experience: bacame an adult and still had as much acne. Tried all sort of things, didn't work. Eating less greesy had no effect whatsoever. Then tried cutting dary products, and surprisingly it reduced it a bit, but not much and was inconsistent. Eventually I pinpointed exactly what it was: artificial sugars. White sugar, cane sugar, refined sugar, etc. It spikes your insuline levels or something and bam! Acne! Even eating white bread, refined flour, has the same effect! Its a direct boost of "sugar" in your bloodstream, which spikes your insulin levels.

Solution:
-Stop eating refined sugar (candy, chocolates, etc) Instead go for complex, unrefined sugar like real maple sirup and coconut sugar.
-Swich to all weet bread, or multigrain bread.
-All in all, avoind highly refined product, go for natural stuff. It works.

OP

Shower with cool water, or cold if you can stand it.
Build up a resistence to it.
Don't use anything on your face or body, use a very gentle soap for your arse crack, groin and arm pits.

When washing your hair, use baby shampoo and tip your head so no soap at all touches or runs down your face.
Rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
Use minimal shampoo possible.

Also, don't wet shave.
Buy a beard trimmer for 20 pounds/euros. Trim it to half a mm length. This will keep your skins protective oils and protective layer of cells intact.

You should be aiming to preserve the natural oils, without those, your skin has no protection and will become constantly infected.

This shit goes back to Roman days.
Fuck your ignorance.

Also, eat more natural fats.
Fish oils, flax seed, a variety of nuts every day.

Cheese should help too if you aren't an ethiopian or a jew.

Also extra virgin olive oil, drink a table spoon a day.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:
-cut on the milk too. At least at first, just to be sure. If it works, you can try milk again see if it brings back the acne on you or not.

>Fish oils, flax seed, a variety of nuts every day.
>Also extra virgin olive oil, drink a table spoon a day.

what the fuck...

bro, the only extra virgin thing in my household is ME

Pillowcase. Seriously I was trying to figure out for years why I couldnt get rid of acne. I use a clean pillowcase every 2 nights, and I flip it over so its a clean side every single night.

Also just generally make sure everything that could touch your face throughout the day is clean as fuck.

Your skin needs good oils to function properly as a protective barrier.

Instead of trying to 'clean' your skin which is impossible, you should be aiming to take care of it.

If you wash all the oils away, either your skin produces more oil to compensate, resulting in clogged pores, or bacteria find their way in and cause minor skin infections.

including your cellmste's anus

just fucking kill yourself you unoriginal piece of shit

What to do with the dark spots that acne has left? I don't have acne anymore, but I have this little spots where it used to be. Any advice? Sorry for my bad English, btw

I started taking hormone blockers about 5 months ago and my skin and hair are 10x healthier now. I may get a blemish after a night of partying but that's it.

Get a derma roller that worked for me, its like little spikes on this wheel thing and it forces your skin to repair itself where you roll it.

Stop eating so much greasy food, quit touching your face, and sleep with a towel on a pillow (still clean your pillow case though)

after she put on makeup?

Thank for the advice. I'll try it

Go to a dermatologist you turd. They'll fix it

eat more fruits and veggies

stop drinking soda
stop drinking soda
stop drinking soda
stop drinking soda
stop drinking soda
stop drinking soda

Stop eating dairy you capitalist brainwashed American pig

STOP MASTURBATING AND WORK OUT FAGGOT

I stopped drinking everything except water and it made no difference at all. Diet has nothing to do with it more often than not. When I had really bad acne back in college, I knew people who could eat a huge greasy pizza, drink alchohol and soda, then go to sleep on the couch without washing, and they would wake up with a clean face, even now I have to religiously wash or I am guaranteed to break out, and my diet is great.

more sun
wash pillowcases
workout more, sweat cleans the pores
reduce your stress
actually drinking alcohol helps some people, maybe take a shot of vodka a day, see if that works
face lotion
acne pads
clean razors for shaving

if none of that works, you're probably still going through puberty, or you have a medical condition

No my skins fine now this was years ago now, I was just saying what worked for me was nothing to do with diet, it was pretty much all the things you mentioned. Just didnt want anons to get hooked on diet being the only cure as I did for a long time.

has anyone said bacterial infection?
infectious diseases kill almost as many people a year as cancer

OP this was me last year and now. Get accutane, it's a fucking miracle drug

Wash your face more.

Acne is sign of higher testo, take advantage of that and make some big gains.

Ok, listen up. I had horrible acne at one point, tried over the counter, prescription creams and pills from dermatologists and nothing got rid of it. Those medications actually made it worse.

What did it for me was one thing, i started visiting a esthetician and had regular facials or extractions aka had all the pimples, white heads, blackheads in my face removed atleast once a week. I did it for a period of like 2-3 months and it cleared my face up completely. No scars no nothing, if you leave it untreated you are sure to end up with a face full of holes from the acne. I have had no acne, except for the occasional pimple of two for about a decade now. You have to get that shit out of your pores OP look up estheticians in your area

ok