/punk/ general

Discuss your favorite punk bands/shit/culture/albums whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9QB6Cjh6o
youtube.com/watch?v=IAE_h0S7ahk
youtube.com/watch?v=W7dF57Dx9EI
youtube.com/watch?v=qQ7SAHUzWtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress, released on the guitarist's own label, didn't get much press or reviews but Spin gave it a 5 out of 5, and tinymixtapes gave it an 8 out of 10.

Its artpunk/hipsterpunk. Most songs are a little over 2 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4

These are probably my top 5 "punk" albums. Most of them are sub-genres though.

I've been listening to all kinds of punk music from Japan in the 80s, stuff like Friction, 筋肉少女帯, Auto-Mod, Lip Cream, The Comes, The Stalin. I assume that this is all derivative of some american scene or scenes that blows these bands out of the water?

one of my favorites from this year

minutemen>

lmao christian death is considered post-punk.I guess my top 4

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9QB6Cjh6o

post good 2016 stuff

Punk music was released this year? For what purpose?

also good

Mainstream as fuck, at least here in Aus, but I've still never heard a punk(ish) album that comes close to this one for me. Most punk is hard for me to get into though cause musicianship.

Yeah Hot Snakes is awesome. John Reis is the encyclopedia of punk from early 70s to mid 80s.

nsu

Suicide Invoice is better, friendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=IAE_h0S7ahk

Are the next few years in punk truly going to be "dude trump lmao"?

yeah probably.

i sure hope so

I'M PART OF

what a cuck

Willow Smith is my favorite punk artist

youtube.com/watch?v=W7dF57Dx9EI

Punk doesn't exist. I deny the existence of punk.

But since there are still believers, I'm a hafta say Milemarker

youtube.com/watch?v=qQ7SAHUzWtI

damn, trips dont lie. Gar Forgets His Insulin is a beast track.

Sythpunk revival 2017?

Unfortunately. Not that Trump is good or bad, but I feel Millennials are being seduced by this idea of far-left or far-right. That the other party is some kind enemy we have to fight rather than live with.

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

This is coming from a libertarian: You sound like a faggot.

Crinnnnnge

Its copypasta.

>mfw I witnessed the birth of this pasta

>mfw I actually like this

>mfw I actually really like this

Are you doing it because you truly believe in the "Alt-Right"? Why join a counter culture just to piss off another? Remember "Bent-Edge" the scene that was the created to counter Straight Edge? What happened to them? I agree that PC bullshit is out of control, but I would never tag any sort of label on myself just for the sake of it. I don't know about you, but to me "Punk" is about thinking as an individual. Don't be a labeled sheep
>tfw I fell for a pasta

I was cringing to the synth punk.

honestly, your opinion is so brave. it's good to know that someone is fighting back against educated 19-22 year olds.

ew

Too power pop. S/T is better

This stuff ain't bad

What's my age again?

`i love jello biafra and his gross sexy voice. white people and the damage done is corny but super great.

Way to steal other bands' schtick, you thieves.

>ew

Bad taste

Fag
>Not knowing flea pulled that makes shit the same year mark did

RHCP were doing nude shows since like 1985, you Millenial.

More classic Christgay moments.

Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables [I.R.S., 1980]

I really want there to be more punk rock, I do, I do. I want there to be more left wing New Wave. By Americans, no less. But not by an out-of-work actor with a Tiny Tim vibrato who spent the first half of the '70s creating rock cabaret. And it sounds as if, although I'm being generous here, that Jello Biafra started listening to the Stooges in 1977. C+

dk is shit though

Boys Don't Cry [Fiction, 1980]

The sound is dry post-punk with arty flourishes and touches of spare wit abounding. Everything is treated with a proper mnemonic overlay as well--listen enough and you'll be able to recall a phrase or two from almost all of these 13 songs. Intelligent phrases they are, too. But what are we to make of a band whose best song is about Camus's "The Stranger", a book that was holy writ for collegiate existentialists since before Robert Smith was born. I mean, do we really need collegiate existentialism nostalgia? B

A typical Christgay review:

"These boys may be good with their swingin' and sashayin' and fancy noises, but their art rock totally misses the point. You're better off sticking with the New York Dolls. C+"