>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8eDKxWBFwU
youtube.com/watch?v=huryMOQhptk
artistguitars.com.au/buy/artist-grungemaster-jm-style-electric-guitar/12323
youtube.com/watch?v=8gD3P4CgecU
guitarfetish.com/XV-JT100-Offset-Electric-Guitars_c_208.html
youtu.be/UOnmchuMQws
guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/1961-Reissue-SG-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-112671349.gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Guitar Waifu: The Band
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8eDKxWBFwU

2nd for IBANEZ

Can someone with a good ear help me identify some chords?

youtube.com/watch?v=huryMOQhptk [Open]

It leads out the rythm with A, G, D, but I have no clue after that

how to get better at guitar?

Name a company more overrated than Blackstar. You can't

Boss

Gibson

Gibson

fender

It's just A G D A the whole way through with some noodling over the top

Orange

Peavey because the 6505 blows ass.

Marshall

their guitars fucking suck

Just A major both times? I can hear it's definitely another A after the D but it sounds like different version, but yea may just be the strumming tho

No it doesn't I'll beat you up user shut up

Who here/drums/?

no one gives a shit about peavey dude, not even peavey players. having a peavey is kinda like having the clap.
getting it was probably pretty OK but once you do you just want to get rid of it.

>tonecity
kek

this. there are only two good days when you own a peavey: the day you buy it and the day you thankfully sell it to someone for less than you bought it for

BC Rich. I know people generally hate them but that's still giving them too much credit.

This is consistent with my Peavey experience. I bought a used Bandit 112 maybe fifteen years ago for about $50. It reeked of cigarettes but sounded okay as Bandits go. Eventual it made it a soft bzzzt noise followed by blue smoke coughing out the back side. It went in the garbage. I felt relieved to have it out of my life.

It looked like pic related but a lot more beat up.

What do you think of this geetar?
(btw I like it because it's cheap, $300)

forgot link: artistguitars.com.au/buy/artist-grungemaster-jm-style-electric-guitar/12323

hello bros, hows everyone? happy new year!

i wanted to ask you about les pauls. its been my kinda dream guitar for a while and i have some moneys so im going after one. but im kinda confused with the models and stuff, s maybe you guys can guide me. im still on low budget so im going for something like a les paul special price. used. i have an old b.c. rich wich covers my metal needs (not with emg's, but stock bc rich humb's, but i like it, its a nj series from 98). i want the les paul for more experimental music.. droney, noisey, sometimes clean ambient-folk stuff.. who knows. ive played a couple oe epi les pauls and ilike a lot how they feel,quite comfortable with the les paul model... by the way ive noticed sunn o))) uses les pauls with p90s pick ups.. i dont want to do what they do. but could reach those points sometimes..feel free to suggest whats better.

on the picture we have:
1- Gibson Les Paul Studio (2012)
2-Gibson Les Paul Special. (2000)
3-Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute - Honeyburst (2011)
4- Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro (2012)

they are around the same price, except number 4 wich is almost the double..dont think i can afford that but im interested in info about its pickups. its the only one that in the ad tells wich pick ups are.. and they are classic 57.. rest are stock i supose, guitar 2 and 3 have p90's right? or are they different?

guide me! thanks, and have a nice night, or day, depending where you are. :)

PS: i posted this in previous /gg/ dying thread, only reply before it died was that number 3 was best value for money, comparable with number 4. what do you think? thonnnnks

>blue smoke.

It needed an oil change.

usually i agree, but they are a couple of good ones. for instance the supreme 160 head (ss) is killer for metal.. its the amp used on at the gates slaughter of the soul lp. Nile also has used the rockmaster tube preamp, they even praise it as one of metal best kept secret in some video where they're showing their riffs and stuff. for cleans peavey do suck though. the vtm tube amps (early 80's) also are great, they are basically a jcm 800 with a lot of usual mods with the flick of some switches. ive compared them side by side and they fight eachother well. black widow speakers are great also. and the 5150's are great for tracking in studio, live they sound too muddy, they have too much distortion. the rest is kinda crap though.
just my 2 cents

They're slowly but surely improving.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gD3P4CgecU

I think #4 looks the best, but I don't know shit about LPs, so that's pretty much all I got.

Jazz theory is too annoying for me to learn. I tried but I can't remember all the shit

Wondering if someone could help me.

I'm trying to learn to play bass. I ordered a bass and amp today.

I used to play a little in high school, but I quit because I had a bad teacher (he played guitar, not bass, and he only showed me how to play specific songs rather than teaching me how to actually use it).

Basically, where do I start? Are there any good videos or articles online that go in-depth on how to use it to the point where I can feel comfortable writing songs, learning how to play popular songs by ear, etc.?

Talkingbass or Scott's bass lessons
I've used Talkingbass and Mark does a pretty damn good job with tons of videos. Also he does livestreams pretty often so if you have problems you can ask there.
Would rec and actual teacher though, I have one that I visit maybe once every month and he usually helps me with bad habits and explaining concepts that I have a hard time grasping.

I hate how J bass pickups are two seperate ones but I hate how wide a P bass neck is. Are there any bass guitars that combine them for a reasonable price?

Apple

Every time some newbie asks for a good metal amp the 6505 is shilled nonstop

What happened to Laguna Guitars? I heard a ton about them a few years ago, now nothing.

>tfw have developed the addiction

I just spent $600 on a guitar and I've found another one I desperately want. Fucking end my life. I need a Candy Apple Red Fender American Lonestar Strat now.

You can't cure GAS, user.

The only treatment - buying more gear - only puts it into remission for a while.

My new year's resolution is to stop buying dumb shit, and I just bought a new amp and pedal a few days ago. And I'm still convinced I need a better guitar with humbuckers, eugh.

Ibanez or Eye-banez?

Opinions on the Fender Mustang I v2 for a bedroom amp?

based

Eeeeeee-banez

This

>Fender Mustang I v2
I would suggest something with a 12" speaker.

So the II then? Wouldn't a 40w 1x12 be a little much for bedroom use?

You might split the difference with a 10" but an 8" driver just doesn't give you the full experience.

I wish I could use a 4x12 and get Boris tones but I'm in my bedroom and even a 1x12 gets way too loud ;_;

Whats your favorite semi hollow under 1k

My mate just bought an electric set. I can't wait to send the output through some effects.

At least it has a hard-tail, which is gonna save you a few headaches

Found one with a tremelo. Idk if they are any good though.
guitarfetish.com/XV-JT100-Offset-Electric-Guitars_c_208.html

>So the II then? Wouldn't a 40w 1x12 be a little much for bedroom use?
That's perfect for bedroom use. wattage =/= volume. Those amps are meant for home and practice use so you can turn them down low.

If you're really worried about noise invest in a modeller/interface with some headphones or get a practice amp with headphone out.

Number 3 is definitely the best value for money if you want P90's.

A mate of mine owns a few Artist guitars. You get what you pay for really. Imo If you're in Aus look into some used Facebook groups for a Squier JM.

Considering almost every good hard rock/metal record of the last 20 years will have a 5150/6505 in the mix I'd say you're wrong. Peavey USA gear is usually great workhorse equipment for recording/touring artists, a 5150/6505 is renowned for being a tried and true amp that still has the aggressive sound that everyone likes about it. These days a fair few guitarists are transitioning to the EVH 5150 but I still prefer the high gain on the standard 5150 rather than the II or III.

Although since Peavey are all MiC now they can get fucked, just buy the used USA stuff for cheap.

You guys must play some pussy gayboi music. The 5150/6505 is 10/10 top of the line tone for metal. Try not being such a queer and you'd realize

>live they sound too muddy, they have too much distortion
Learn how to dial in a tone you fucknugget. If you're a competent musician then there's no issue

ee-bahn-eth if you want to be accurate
eye-bin-ezz if you don't want to sound like a precocious dick

The perfect pick

Make that 1.14 mm and you're correct

The EVH 5150 is great. The Peavey amps blow.

Anyone who can improv Jazz decently, how did you go about getting good?
I know most of my modes okay, but I don't know anything about diminished scales and my arpeggio knowledge doesnt really go past maj7, min7 and dom7 arpeggios.
Should I be remembering the notes of every chord for every key or just the shapes? I often just think of the shapes and run through them in my head getting the notes from the fretboard but I don't know. I'm not sure where to start with studying Jazz improv

>believing in the bullshit snake oil they're selling you

O i am laffin

Not really, the EVH has a far better clean channel than either of the Peavey heads. But I found it to be quite fizzy and harsh compared to a regular 5150. Usually a best bet for a good middle ground is modding a 5150 II/6505+ so the gain channels are closer to the normal 5150/6505 but it still has a decent clean channel.

*Found the high gain on it to be quite fizzy and harsh

>before I make my own brand, let me slap on 5150 to a Peavey for 12 years
Really makes you think

Should auld progressions be forgot,
And never brought to mind?

I wouldn't call myself great but I learned mostly from transcribing solos and just loving jazz and getting a deep feeling for the music. I think people over-intellectualize Jazz these days, you have to remember that in the 20s-50s it was mostly street music made by drug addicts, many of which didn't have any formal musical education besides practicing a shit ton. Start with the basics like Charlie Christian, Lester Young, Coleman Hawkins then move onto Charlie Parker,Miles Davis,Wes Montgomery etc..

You should get to the point where you can internalize what a jazz solo should sound like in your mind and then just play it. You probably already have enough skill to pull it off. Don't think in terms of shapes and patterns, think in terms of melody. Otherwise you're already on the right path, learning arpeggios in as many positions is helpful. As is learning intervals starting from any note on the fretboard (knowing the name of the notes will come naturally from looking at their intervallic relation to other notes.)

Older Ibanez Gibson clones

Which leg do you play on?

Right (right handed). Playing on your left leg just feels too unbalanced for me, even if it might be closer to how you'd play standing up.

Any recommendations for a cheap acoustic? Like sub $500 range.

Vocaroo or clyp it and show us

Try auto wah if you have one and try an octave pedal

You might be able to find a Larrivee D-03 around that price.

Otherwise I would look for a Japanese made Yamaha from the 70s.

youtu.be/UOnmchuMQws

How long until Rickenbacker sues them? I want the 30'' model....

looks closer to a guild design to me. I would be surprised if Rickenbacker could sue them.

The headstock could get them in trouble.

Doesn't look that close to it, obviously inspired by it but definitely no lawsuit

Anyone know the official name of this color? Never seen an SG in that color, thought it might be a refinish. I'm kind of tempted to buy it.....

guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/1961-Reissue-SG-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-112671349.gc

I'm confused on something. How do you find out where on your guitar the scale is?

Like I understand how to make a C major scale, I understand what notes go into it, but how do I find out where on the guitar those things are? If I pick a C from right up the top, but then a D from right down the bottom is that still correct or is it wrong?

>Waiting For Guitar Strings To Come In The Mail

2014 Champagne Silver, that's a good price too.

oops forgot my image

The difference is the octave of the notes in the scale

Every note has it's own frequency, i.e. A = 440 Hz. The next note has a higher frequency and so on, until the frequency is doubled, then the chromatic scale has gone up an octave, so 880 Hz is also an A.

If you build a major scale starting with C at one part of the neck and continue with a D somewhere else on the neck, you've probably gone up or down a few octaves.

Can't you see, whoa, can't you see. What that woman, Lord, she been doin' to me.

Try D/F# for the D chord:

2 x 0 2 3 2

Play the F# bass note with your thumb wrapped over the top of the neck if you like.

ah that's it. Turns out it's a standard and not a 61 reissue though, still a good price for a Standard?

Hey bud if you hijack my post with an anime image ONE (1) more time there will be hell to pay.

Was actually going to post the HANL album cover but couldnt find it

What do you mean by top and bottom? Near the nut or near the bridge? If youre trying to ascend and descend the scale practicing the traditional way would be play the next closest note in the scale. So 3rd fret C, 5th fret D, and then either 7th fret E or 2nd fret of the D String E.

Look at scale patterns. Block diagrams that tell you where to put your finger. Thats the easy way. Learn notes on the neck as you go, that will allow you to jump positions, which can make your playing more interesting, but you dont need it to get started. Scale patterns will allow you to jump into any key by moving to a different position and/or changing pattern.

Satch said he learned notes on the neck by playing chromatically up and down each string and saying the note as ge played them. Every fret is a half step, makes it easy. Im not a huge fan, but he is a talented guitarist and he taught a bunch of people that went on to become well known. At the point im at i can jump to any position and play in any key.

Thats what makes guitar easy compared to other instruments thougj, you dont have to count keys quickly or memorize fingerings as much. The only thing you have to memorize by name are chord shapes, but thats easy. Especially after you learn many variations of the scale shapes.

Sorry if this is convoluted or doesnt answer your question, i just woke up and havent finished my coffee.

won't happen again boss x

The bridge height adjustment screws of my knockoff strat dont have hex holes (or any holes for that matter) for the high e string.

Ummmm how am I supposed to adjust them ??

Try some inversions of A

x 0 7 6 5 x

Technically, that's not an inversion as the root (A) is still in the bass.

Certainly a different voicing, though.

What pickups did he use on Introspection?

Dimarzio Fast Track I think.

I'd say it's not a bad price, but it's retail. Your not getting taken.

Show me a pic, you may have to raise the bridge on that side.

Until next NYE.

Check the bottom, some asshole might have put them in upside down. Turn the saddle of, if you see a lot take them out and put them in correctly. If they protrude at the bottom of the saddle and theres no slot try twisting then counter clockwise looking at the bottom of the saddle.

I think you're describing octave displacement, but I'm not sure.

For me it's been useful to simply think of a scale as a "pitch collection" rather than a form that starts at the bottom, goes up, then comes back down. That's not to imply that each note in the scale is just as important as any other. Usually the root, third, and fifth are going to be the strongest tones. The I think it can also be useful to think of a scale as an arpeggio with the notes in between filled in.

C Major scale would be a C Major Triad or C Major 7th with the other scale notes connecting the dots. Or you could even think of the C Major scale as a CMaj13 chord or arpeggio with the notes arranged alphabetically.

Maybe this is dumb bullshit but I think it's handy to have multiple ways of thinking about the same concept.