>"huh wow..."
>[dancing intensifies]
>"these monitors need to be up..."

hahahahahahahaha

lmao it's almost as bad as this fucking disaster
youtu.be/BqGhjqyFfrw?t=3m25s

Holy fuck that's embarrassing

She seemed so disappointed with herself afterwards

What I gathered from the video is, basically, her monitors weren't on. What the fuck does that mean?

Think of it this way, if your only source for the music you had to sing to was from the speakers, it'd be competently overshadowed with noise from the HUGE audience, and the dancers on stage stomping around. Not only that, the speakers are posititoned in such a way so the sound goes out into the audience and not to you, this creates an echo which is really disorientating -- how do we get around this ? Have the sound feeding in through an ear piece*monitor*

she was doomed, and made it worse by trying to banter with the audience and complaining about her situation. Completely looks like she simply doesn't have the capability to sing, but that's not it she is just unable to because the sound guys fucked up or maybe sabotage?

you'd think she would have an earpiece or something
it's just a complete fuckup

yup, you can even tell at one point where she attempts to jump into the song, completely in key but offset by a few seconds, which is what happens when you try to sing without a monitor... A lag forms, and you can't ever get the timing -- should could have continued but I guess she knew she wouldn't by in sync with the song. I mean, it's fucking mariah carrey we know she can sing her ass off, but this looks like she can't so people are going to spin it that way. And the people who say she can't hit the high notes because they're being played in music are also wrong, she probably just sings with the recorded high notes for a chorus effect. High notes are naturally not as loud because you can't bellow them, they're produced with the throat and head so they double them to get 'em nicer

>There are people out there that are going to use this to imply Mariah can't sing

I'm not even a fan but she has a great voice.

>implying this wasn't intentional

I mean come on it's 2017 these things happen regularly for publicity nowadays. Mariah is now being talked about again mission accomplished.

????????????

Seemed to be a fitting end to 2016. At least she did not die during the performance.

Hopefully Lionel doing a fun performance in Vegas tonight is a good sign for 2017.

youtube.com/watch?v=2PAycCNMvjY

Are you fucking retarded or something? You actually think that Mariah Carrey can't sing?

So, what?

Do modern singers just lack the ability to sing at all? I don't get it.

I feel like Frank Sinatra or any of the Rat Pack could've just sung anyway.

Nigga it ain't easy to sing properly when you can't even hear yourself

>can't even pretend to sing over a pre recorded track, like you've done for decades.
>immediately cut to random audience member who is lip syncing almost perfectly to the same track.

Happy 2017.

This was awful but goddamn do i love those fat tits

This isnt the first time this happened to her. Look up more fuckups by Mariah. She has a great voice and is extremely hot. But even divas have an off day sometimes. Is it me or does get more naked the older she gets? When she broke thru mid 90's i dont remember her being dressed so slutty upstage and in the videos.

idk how people say its somehow her fuckup. She literally just sounds like she's pissed her her monitor was out

kys butthurt stan
Ariana grande is 10x better and she doesn't lip sync

>(age 46 or 47)
still fuckable

it's a technical fuckup apparently, she gets no music feed

yeah, like what Ashley Simpson did
and she hasn't been able to sing well for the last 20 years

Are you twelve?

well that was embarrassing

>yeah, like what Ashley Simpson did
no, actually it's nott what happened to ashley simpson at all

who /stillcan'tbringthemselvestowatchit/ here?

want fug

this is what happens when you damage you vocal chords

Yep, I think this fiasco shows how many people don't know how ear monitors work.

If they aren't working correctly you will perform poorly, plain and simple. I even saw someone on leddit say "the dancers were on beat just fine!" lel dummy