Why is it that anyone who is not into sports hates them and sports fans with a passion? There's no inbetween...

Why is it that anyone who is not into sports hates them and sports fans with a passion? There's no inbetween. Its like either you like sports or sports are for a bunch of dumb alpha males and athletes are overpaid shit heads.

Whenever I see sports brought up on another board its ALWAYS negative. Even if you start a sports thread on a video game board you'll get chewed out. Why cant people accept that people like different things?

sports are stupid though, the most pleb form of entertainment

Different upbringings

Thugs. I wouldn't give two shits about the footsie but the streets are always full of drunk thugs with attention deficit disorder.

I was fucking glad when France disposed of my country during UEFA.

>Why is it that anyone who is not into sports hates them and sports fans with a passion? There's no inbetween.
That's not the case though.
I understand your dad was a dick to you for liking sports but you can't make "everybody hates us" generalizations because of that. What are you, a nerd?
So many people just don't give a shit about your hobby.

>Whenever I see sports brought up on another board its ALWAYS negative. Even if you start a sports thread on a video game board you'll get chewed out.
Sports threads on Sup Forums are fine, but then there's only like 3 western cartoons/comics about sports, so we never have them.

Because of "sports are stupid" meme.

I'm fine with them not giving a shit about my hobby but when they insult people who watch sports and try to make legitimate arguments about an athlete's salary while not giving a shit about their favorite actor making millions it gets annoying. Ive seen the "sports are for dumb brutes" argument used a lot online and irl.

>watching movies
>calling others stupid for watching sports

People have beeen calling literally anything that exists dumb, take a ticket.
What now? Why don't you make a tumblr about how your bro culture is discriminated againt by big meanie pseudo-intellectuals. Because that's what you sound like to me, some legbeard with a sidecut who whines that someone talks shit about their hobby.
Again, people talk shit about literally everything that exists.

People who criticize actors or athletes salaries just don't understand how the entertainment business (or really labor economics in general) work.

I just feel like sports get a lot of undeserved hate outside sports fans. Not trying to make a big deal out of it. I just wish people would realize people like different things.

>I just feel like sports get a lot of undeserved hate outside sports fans
As I said, most people feel that way about their hobby. Just think of any hobby-oriented board on Sup Forums and you can think of negative (arguably unfair) stereotypes associated with the people who enjoy those topics.

I understand where you come from, I just have had to deal with the same shit every other week on my other homeboard, so it gets on my nerves a bit. Sorry for jumping at you.

All of the stereotypes for Sup Forums are fair

I'm indifferent to sports. I'm just here for the Olympics bants.

It's because in some countries there are hardcore sports fans who make lives miserable for lots of people around them who aren't as passionate about sports. When you're minding your own business and loud, tattooed people are causing drunken disturbances in your neighbourhood on a regular basis, you might end up disliking the thing that gives them a reason to behave that way too. It's not fair to generalise but stuff like that is how people develop a dislike for sports.

This happens with any hobby, just look at the amount of abuse people get on Sup Forums when they post an anime image

> There's no inbetween.

yes there is, it's called not fucking talking or thinking about sports, which is practiced by probably 90% of the population. The problem is you're an autistic retard who thinks Sup Forums boards are an accurate representation of real life.

>There's no inbetween.
There is, it's called Olympics. I don't give a slightest shit about Sup Forums related things but I watch this shit religiously.

Because you faggots are autistic as fuck when it comes to sports
Talking endlessly about huge tables of statistics with an accuracy that would make Rain Man blush
Feeling personal pride for the accomplishments of people who don't even know you

Please continue...

>I don't understand why people who are capable of appreciating an artform are calling others stupid for cheering on who runs the fastest

well that explains it all doesn't it you dumb frogposting slav fuck.

What artforms are we talking about?

>only watching the olympics
>religiously

Wew lad