Why isn't there much of the past to look back on...

Why isn't there much of the past to look back on? Why do we only find public buildings that are in ruins while the pyramids outlasted everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WZKCNUCG0No
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquincum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The pyramids are in ruin too, they used to be covered in smooth stones

Well why do you think, because someone destroyed it obviously

Pyramids are ruins.

They used to be much nicer and I belive they had golden tops but Muslims took them or something when they took over

You're trying to tell me in just 1500 years, Rome basically disappeared with only a few large monuments remaining?

It could have something to do with you never leaving the Americas.

have you ever been to Rome?

There's a shit ton of monuments in Rome, even in my shithole city they often uncover Roman shit unwillingly like villas, streets and mosaics

Because Earth is 6000 years old. Dinosaurs used to fight gladiators in the Colosseum. That's why some pieces broke off.

>while the pyramids outlasted everything
Because after 2000 BCE nobody bothered to go to the middle of the desert to kick some stones, while other major historic buildings were in the middle of influential (i.e. desirable) locations.

There is also the fact that a pyramid made of stones is much more stable than walls and pillars, but mostly they were useless and already considered a touristic attraction during the time of Alexander and even before.

arabs have destroyed this romain masterpiece

good, let them raze their shitholes to the ground so their grandchildren will have literally nothing left.

most greek-roman stuff was damaged/destroyed by earthquakes at some point

Because Rome was trashed by the Byzantines so hard during the Gothic Wars that only 50 of its inhabitants are said to have survived.

So do you like use the ampitheatre to worship your sinister moon god?

>believing ancient chronicles

>tfw Parthenon would still be intact if some faggots didnt bomb it to shit

In some cases, people reused the bricks and other building materials.

Tunisia was christian that time baka
ah i made a mistake the USA runed it
>During World War II a major military airfield was located near El Djem, used first by the German Luftwaffe. It was attacked on numerous occasions and later used by the United States Army Air Forces Twelfth Air Force as a transport field. There are few, if any, remains of the airfield today with the land being returned to agricultural uses outside of the city.

did they bomb the amphitheater or just the airfield?

they were some causalities affecting the amphitheater cause german soldiers were hiding there

we have a lot of ancient buildings left in the near east and the med. more than any other region in the world

just compare it to the other powerhouse of the ancient world, China, where very few ancient things survive due to being built of mud and wood

> cause german soldiers were hiding there

hmm the US bombed a ton of precious monuments with this excuse during WWII, don't know if I should believe it.

post videos like this
youtube.com/watch?v=WZKCNUCG0No
it includes dogga one of the biggest historical city of tunisia

they were definitively some kind of causalities but you can't notice them nowadays
el djem amphitheater is maintained every year
and i was not serious (even minor casualties still exist in tunisia from wwII)

>just 1500 years

>tfw friendship ended with Tunisia because of ar*bs

We miss you.

>ywn be a citizen of rome under the rule of ceaser and the senate

There are loads of monunents all over italy, ESPECIALLY in rome.
The fuck are you talking about.
In verona the streets in the city center are literally from the roman times.

but arabs from the peninsula make 10% of the tunisian population from levantine 0.9% but 12.9%from italy(7% form north italy 5.9% from south italy) we have also 12% from east europe and 15% from north west europe
we're still more italien desu
>btw don't ask for a sauce i lost it and still only have the original arabic text

We have some too, i live 10mins from this 2000years old city
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquincum

that is incomprehensible, what does that thin mean?