The Night Manager

What did you guys think about this six part series? I thought it was well done.

>six part series
Or as we call it in Britain, a series

Short and satisfying. Laurie was great. Really doesn't need a second season.

It was good but I felt unsatisfied by the ending. Like there wasn't enough interaction between Laurie and Hiddleston. He gets asked why he did it and just sort of shrugs it off and that's it.

It was good. Laurie completely dominated Hiddleston. Also, as said before, the ending was weak.

Also, Laurie can manage my night anytime.
P.S. I'm not gay.

this is american site

Any excuse to post mai tallfu

Pretty good. Could have been better. I never totally bought into the protagonist's motivation. A week-long fling with a whore doesn't seem like enough to send him into a life of high stakes espionage. It's not like they killed his wife or anything

Does she get lewd in this?

Yes a bit

He can manage my night anytime
P.S. I'm a gay

Roper did nothing wrong.

He can manage my night anytime
P.S. I'm a Dickie

Should have been called "The Trophy Wife's Travel Diary"

I want Laurie to father my children

He can manage my night anytime.
P.S. I'm a Corky.

Except finance wars and carpet bomb a refugee camp (wait wait before you even try to say it was good) in the MIDDLE EAST.

You do understand what morality is right

Oldtimer Indiana Jones can escape a nuke in nuketown, but grandma can't side step a little carpet bomb exercise where she is trespassing, after having brought up so many terrorists herself. That is sexism in media.

Where is your compassion for the victims of bank fraud? Roper was robbed of his agribusiness.

How did it end anyway? I missed the last episode when it was on television.

A bunch of bags full of grain does not constitute an "agrobusiness".
LMAO

How do you think a progressive wish-fulfilment show ends?

internal faux-resistence grants them the indefinite underdog status but it doesn't stop them from cleanly outsmarting the egotistical buffoon and bringing his corroborators to justice because good men (and women) stood up to him.

Roper gets arrested after all of his weapons get blown up in a deal, he is smug about the situation before realizing the car he is in is driving straight to his execution

Now thats a post worth tipping my hat to

Basically a ruse, Pine transferred all the money that was put into his account somewhere else, then when the moment to pay was due, he blackmailed Roper into agreeing to free the girl if he wanted his money back (he also planted bombs in the trucks full of guns so they were gone. Meanwhile, the girl is rescued from the hotel and the police comes after Roper in the end.[/śpoiler]
>progressive wish-fulfillment
You do realize this is based on a Le Carré novel, right?

Roper is a warrior for peace. You can't blame him for being involved with the wrong people who did bad things. There was no sexy woman who swooped in to save him from the trap he was in.

Great cast but full of cliches and utterly predictable.

5/10

>progressive wish-fulfilment show
One thing I really couldn't help but notice is how the whole gang going after Roper was a wonderful multicultural bunch while Roper's crew was all-white. You had the calm wise black dude, some arab-looking geek, a bunch of colourful no-nanes, and a proud white womyn who carries all the stress while also being pregnant and worrying about her beta house-husband while simultaneously having to handle her black ex-lover. Above them you had a well-meaning but bungling white dude. Of course hiddleston was whiter than white but he's a handsome guy that sjw's love so he gets a pass.

Its pretty realistic

They are based in london afterall

You seem to forget how one of Roper's main henchmen was gay.

>What did you guys think about this six part series?

made me realize how much of a one trick pony Tom is when it comes to acting.

he better get that Bond gig or else he'll slowly sink into justfuckmyshitup tier actors.

true true.

The equality meme has been around centuries. Spy novels usually try to target both sexes with work pride, extravagant travel, power and love-triangles. But with unassuming soldier Pine and the show being progressive at every opportunity made the ending too obvious.

>"equality meme"
altrightist-poster.jpg

I welcome my conservative views being constantly detected, I don't want the few remaining sacred fictional genres to get so predictable though.

What did she mean by this?

And a manlet

You know, I tried watching it but I'd really rather have Laurie be the protagonist.

Movies about informants, rats, undercovers etc don't really appeal to me.

>2016
>Toxic Masculinity
>Not being a good chap who's down for a game of rugger on the quad and then a pint and a vindaloo

Should I watch it anons? I like Hiddleston. Does it go through the fun tropes of being undercover?

I think it does a pretty decent job with the whole undercover thing, the way he gets to meet the big bad guy and how he slowly enters the inner circle is all fun to watch

it was better than average and quite intense with unexpected depth in many parts -- it didn't waste any time

as in GoT did i tell about how my father sacrified we must give praise to the lord and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

>it didn't waste any time

what do you call the first 4 episodes?

Setup.
It's 6 episodes, if you found that filler then there's no use discussing this with you.

If you want to see Loki trying to fit in, laughing nervously at a frat-boy version of House M.D., as well as artsy shots of expensive things from reflective surfaces then this is the show for you.

>good men (and women) stood up to him.

And then agent Pregnant lets him be taken by the Arab gun runners to a horrible fate because "he deserves it". Even though they already had enough dirt on the government guys to convince them to abandon him.

And then it just ends. There's no resolution to how this affected the world, British government or the characters involved. Just smug Hiddleston thinking "man I got that fucker good".

Front half is okay, back half is pretty dank. I liked it more than recent Bond.

too much happy coincidences desu

How does it compare to The Honourable Woman/The Shadow Line ? I loved both of those shows.

oh hugh LAURIE
I was totally uninterested because I thought it was hugh GRANT

what else is essential hiddleston-core?

Crimson Peak.

Sounds good anons. Downloaded it.

Great acting
Great start of the series
Kinda meh Mission Impossible Ending

It almost changed character once they got to the army camp. Turned from a paranoid suspense to a triplecross-action romp

Still... about the best piece of TV since Wolf Hall"

Only Lovers Left Alive is his best body of work

Beautiful cinematography. Tom Hiddlestone is a shit actor

Did the pregnant hag's chocolate baby play a big rolein the ending?

>when Laure first meets Hiddleston
>introduces himself cheerfully with "Dicky Roper, how do you do?"
>then his expression turns to stone and he just stares at him for several seconds

God tier Hugh in this

I agree. those monkeys would keep killing each other and everyone around them even if all that's left for them is throwing stones. does a bleach manufacturer is responsible if some retard drinks it?

corny as hell but I suppose that's more the novel's fault

Anthony is a fucking cuck and Dicky did nothing wrong. In a world where England is being overrun with fucking Muslim rape gangs, Dicky is a fucking saint and national hero.