Anyone heard this yet?

what's everyone's initial reactions to this, only listened to it once so far, but damn this after the ship, I'm really digging this streak of great albums that we're getting from Eno

Apparently Eno intends for people to play it from their phone speaker as they walk around town

seriously I think thats what he's up to, just have it playing literally out of your butt. It sounds suspiciously good coming directly out of the phone. Then of course there's the app.

DALE

what's everyone's initial reactions to this, only listened to it once so far, but damn this after DALE, I'm really digging this streak of great albums that we're getting from mr. 305

Mega link?

he should make another art rock album

Do you not use spotify etc?

Love that this was released today. It's wonderful. Eno is my hero.

But this is art rock

It's literally whatever we or "destiny" want it to be.

Am I wrong? This sounds suspiciously good out of my phone speaker. The possibilities are staggering.

Can anyone explain how this album was made? I've heard that it sounds different depending on which part of the day you're listening to it. Could anyone elaborate?

nigga this album is just ambient music
i don't hear any guitars

That is regarding the phone app.

I insist he's going for a mass scope zaireeka thing. He's playing a game.

Woa
make u think

I'm interpreting art rock as a nebulous term which it is anyway

I swear it's what he's up to.

This album is not just some innocent little thing.

Which app is that?

You have to pay $52 or maybe steal it and it changes the album according to the time of day. I'm only playing this in the dead of night so it's useless to me.

fuck brian eno
twat literally wrote on his fb that ppl need to pay higher taxes

bowie is rollling in his grave
$52 are you fucking kidding me
fuck off eno

Since it's only available on iOS, that price doesn't seem so unreasonable. MacBook users are paying 50$ for dongles after all.

most iOS apps are under £3
occasionally one is like £15, but that's for 'professional' apps

and Eno isn't doing anything particularly new here, RJDJ has been around for years (letting people run PD patches on iOS) - even Little Boots released one

I currently use Trope which is his earlier generative app but it was only like £2. I really really want this but £30 is completely unreasonable considering it'll be unsupported in a few years' time. The irony is that the 'snippet' album version will live on indefinitely while the 'true' infinite version will disappear.

If he released some sort of hardware-encoded physical version with a headphone jack (like Tristan Perich's albums) I'd totally buy it, but apps are just too fleeting to spend this kind of money on.