Per capita

>per capita

Everyone knows that Grenada is the greatest sporting nation of all time.

kys

>doping

per capita Russia is doing horribly
by total Russia is doing horribly
by most gold Russia is doing horribly

I dont get it

Germany is winning the olympics per cuckpita

Per Capita = being the tallest midget.

lel
>muh four and a half million
don't b mad

and you are winning the faglympics by cocks-in-ass-ita you shit-eating tripfaggot.

>tfw half Grenadian

I CLAIM NATIONALITY FOR THE GOAT OLYMPIC COUNTRY THANK YOU BASED KIRANI

>you're only allowed to make a thread if your counry is doing good
Nope

inb4
>b-but team selection is limited, per capita is therefore not a valid argument

You still have a bigger talent pool to select from.

Saved to my german banter folder lads

>MFW the Olympic results discussed on Sup Forums trigger WWIII

So we have the least cucks and therefor Our medals per cuck are very high? Thanks man, nice to hear

If you want to make a fair comparison, the medal counters and the per capita are both wrong.

Without providing any other information in your post other than 'per capita' and a frog about to punch you in the face, the implication would be that the frog is you, and you are punching everyone in the face.

As your flag is Russia, therefore the implication is that Russia is punching everyone in the face based on per capita ranking.

And this is patently incorrect.

So, nope.

Clearly not because you have zero medals.

Dumb cuck.

>comparing how successful nation should be vs how successful it actually is

What? No way!

It's the best

I never knew people got this mad that the US wins more medals than other countries. You'd think they'd be used to it

>The amount of athletes any one country can enter is capped.

True, but a country with a population of 300 million will have a greater chance of producing an elite athlete than a country with 23 million people.

If Country A) has 50,000 elite swimmers, while Country B) has 200,000, which do you reckon will produce the better swimmers? It doesn't matter if either country can only enter a maximum of __ athletes, because their top 5% of athletes will be more exclusive.

Considering this population handicap, do you still think it's unimpressive that Country A) (for example) invariably places in the Top 10 in each Olympics?

>True, but a country with a population of 300 million will have a greater chance of producing an elite athlete than a country with 23 million people.
Which is why China and India are dominating... oh wait....

I'm waiting for the Men's Basketballs tournament to really get under way. It's funny how every other country calls us cucks to BBC, yet they use all their nigger athletes in sporting events and loose. Bunch of butt-hurt Yurotrash.

China, which is currently matching America with 3 gold medals, has a higher poverty rate, and an emergent middle class which hasn't been fully been introduced to sport. Despite this, China does well in the Olympics, and for the same reasons as America.

India is disadvantaged for similar reasons as China, but it isn't as invested in the Olympics, so they don't produce as many elite athletes.

China ARE becoming good at swimming. Not USA levels yet but they are getting there

India sucks at all sport because they only like cricket. Also much poorer than china and other countries. Give India 50 years or so and better access to facilities and training and they WILL pop out a few more genetically gifted athletes who can won medals.

Muh india is a shit excuse

China, the US and Russia are the only Nations capable of topping the medal table

Other nations like Great Britain and Australia are vying for third or fourth, which would be a really good result

Then smaller nations like Norway and Sweden are aiming for a couple of golds

Laughing at us for not being top of the medal table is like laughing at the US for not winning the rugby world cup

>movingthegoalposts.exe

China are cheats. We all know this.

China dominated the olympics in Beijing though, with the biggest haul of gold medals.

Aren't we up to 5 million now? With all the Chinese migrants?

>yet they use all their nigger athletes in sporting

Excluding Patty Mills, who is an Aboriginal Australian (therefore not a nigger, because they generally aren't athletically influenced), the Australian Men's Basketball didn't harness any niggers, and yet they beat France, who were the favourites to defeat the USA. In addition to this, the French team had heaps of niggers, but still lost to Australia.

So the US is a nice successful country?

People here tell me it isn't

You can't make this shit up

US should "win" the Olympics every single year.

They're the size of a continent and not poor as shit

True they are cheats but china is starting to dominate events like shooting and weight lifting. Already have pissy paddle sports like table tennis and badminton on lock.

Actual athletic sports are their current aim. They have a big enough pool of athletes to choose from and they are getting better.

But id be confident the USA in swimming for example would still probably have more competitive swimmers from 300 mil people than china would from 1 billion.

As the largest 1st world nation USA should, and does, win every Olympics.

>US should "win" the Olympics every single year

They do

The American media exaggerates issues in an attempt to promote positive change. Granted, America is pretty fucked in its own respect.

2008?

Didn't happen

>mad
>at the greatest olympic power in the world

>The Chinese should dominate the Olympics

>But they do, in addition to the US, and for similar reasons.

>"MOVING THE GOALPOSTS! PLEASE STOP BTFO'ING ME!"

I think Americans think we're butthurt when they win.

We're really not

Americans get phenomenally butthurt when other countries highlight their poor gold-per-capita.

Yeah I dont think "winning" the Olympics is something even considered by anyone but the USA and maybe china these days. I know for Australia a top 6 finish is considered a successful games with 10+ gold the realistic goal.

>Sup Forums will unironically defend this

The thing I've realised this weekend is the US have medal contenders in virtually every event of every sport.

Meanwhile in the UK we spend all day watching sports nobody here even plays and have maybe 2 or 3 medal contenders per day at most. One of our best medal chances yesterday was a lone fencer who had never even made an Olympic semi final.

Bahamas are based as fuck m8. Best country ever

>our country is good because we can't compete in sports

Seems legit

I will defend it. Theres nothing wrong with that image at all

>medalspercapita.com is a thing that exists

>has a higher poverty rate
This is retarded and taken of our context.

You're ignoring a whole raft of other cultural, and political issues. Yes, a lot of China is poor and starving, but their govt. has complete control over the populace. Therefore, they can do things such as taking children from near birth and grinding them into Olympic athletes.

This shit won't fly in countries like the US.

If you start to drill into shit like this, it gets fucking retarded.

>the city of every country besides the Bahamas

>murriflabs can't into common sense

Look, America is not BAD at the olympics. But no one is surprised when the large population countries haul in lots of medals, and per capita is a good way to gauge other smaller nations efforts.

>Be an American child
>Told throughout life that America is the greatest
>Believe this completely
>Years later, aged 25
>Live an exceedingly dissapointing life
>By no means the greatest
>Not a reflection of my country's values
>Olympics come around
>"USA! USA! USA!"
>Belief in American superiority extends to sporting
>Learn that other nations reject this notion
>FUCK THOSE IRRELEVANT NATIONS! THEY'RE JUST SALTY! THEIR BANTER IS A DISGUISE FOR CONTEMPT AND JEALOUSY!

The average person from the bahamas/jamaica would beat down on your ass in most sports. They're more athletic than African americans.

Taking out meme countries, Australia appears the most on these lists. This seems more accurate.

I keep thinking i cant be amazed anymore by how utterly dense americans can be, and yet time and time again shit like this happens

Honestly the #1 reason why the US public is so fucked in the head when it comes to the Olympics is because all of the medal counts that you see here are by total medals, and not prioritizing the number of golds.

Also, NBC only chooses to show events where Americans compete and/or are in contention for a medal. It's so fucking stupid.

Americans will never grasp that Australia, New Zealand and South Africa are legendary sporting nations.

What? Posting a picture?

As a self-aware American, is it depressing to be surrounded by idiots both on and offline? Are you ever tempted to move to another country?

>Also, NBC only chooses to show events where Americans compete and/or are in contention for a medal
Pretty much every country will do this though

LOOK HOW GOOD WE ARE AT SPORTS GUYS, WE ARE A NATION OF ATHLETES

>mfw currently wearing glasses with a much stronger prescription in left eye
never have I related so much to a cartoon frog

Not him but most people are idiots wherever you go, I'd rather be a patriotard burger than one of those fags who apologizes to yuropeans for not being gay enough

good point

Coming from the faggot whose country of 64 million couldn't beat Iceland with 330,000. How is it possible for England not to win? I mean, Iceland fits at least twice into all but one state?
Oh I know.
Cause you're a bunch of pansy princesses who are only good at showing with your dads.

It's a short life and everyone will hate you wherever you go anyways. You don't need to be such a pretentious faggot kangaroo man. There's enough people here who get it that it makes it bearable.

>you're only good because your population
>per capita is all that matters
>b-but those are micronations and not real countries

Holy shit rest of the world BTFO again

Almost. Channel 7 will focus on Australia, but only during the highlights programme. Aside from this, Channel 7 plays all the Olympic events across 3 different channels.

In fact, the presenters just referred to the USA's rowing team as "all conquering". It's not like we ignore the achievements of other countries, unlike a few other nations.

stop that america we're talking about you here

>Be an Australian child
>Get on computer without parental supervision
>Somehow find Sup Forums
>Post lengthy, inane greentext out of butthurt

I doubt 7 are as bad as NBC but they definitely focus on the aussie athletes on all 3 channels.

They had the dressage on last night for fucks sake

I just deal with it I guess. It's like the George Carlin quote: "Just think about how stupid the average person is and realize that half of them are even stupider than that."

I don't think I'd ever move though. I do pretty well here and I can take the bantz because most of the time it's true.

Yes, but when it is the only thing they show on tv, sometimes tape delayed no less, it's ridiculous. In order to see what you want, when it actually happens, you have to hope that there is a stream for it. Otherwise every night in prime time they just show swimming and gymnastics and shitty interviews and prerecorded pieces.

Maybe this is because Australia has a predominantly educated middle class (as opposed to an uneducated middle class, like the US), but you don't see too many retarded patriots or complete cucks here.

nice one

>you will never be this mad on the internet

It's almost Kippers tier from last night

ssshhhh. Only the US does things that could ever be considered negative in any way. The rest of the world are perfect angels

Oh. So they literally just focus on the US and nothing else?

damn. Sorry bro

>being too poor to afford heroin

I have the same problem and i'm finnish

>all this butthurt caused from one post

If theres one thing Im happy to say Aus does utterly shit its their sports coverage. Or really all entertainment coverage in general.

Our media is fucking pathetic.

>It's a short life and everyone will hate you wherever you go anyways.

Nope. Don't try to normalise the disrespect other nations have for the US as something universal. It exists for a very good reason. For comparison, an Australian will generally get on well with a Briton/Kiwi/South African.

In what way are the American middle class uneducated

Niceeee.

I endorse this.

>Visit site
>New Zealand no.1

DELETE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm talking about as an American you fucking idiot. Try reading things in context

Why would an American want to go anywhere when this how cunty and stupid they are?

LGTSS

>china

>not being the best per capita

Pretty much. If you didn't know any better, you'd think at times that this was still the Team USA Olympic trials.

I mean our fencing team is pretty good and already won a medal and they still get buried in the tv programming.

They will show the soccer games though, especially team Mexico to appeal to all of the CHI-

Per capita for gold is far more relevant than per capita for medals

>taiwan essentially same population as Australia
Really made me think Tbh

Americans seething with so much rage that they accidentally validate the greentext.

>Belief in American superiority extends to sporting
>Learn that other nations reject this notion
>FUCK THOSE IRRELEVANT NATIONS! THEY'RE JUST SALTY! THEIR BANTER IS A DISGUISE FOR CONTEMPT AND JEALOUSY!

Silly user, you are supposed to count the Gold medals first.

>being so uncreative that you just copy and paste what you already posted

Aussie ''''bants'''' everyone

*want to go anywhere else when this is how cunty and stupid they are

Americans include community college graduates in their education statistics, while Australia doesn't. In fact, if you attended TAFE (our community college equivalent) you're considered to be uneducated.

Americans were literally copy pasting the same "Athlete number is capped" greentext earlier today (yesterday)

You will until you see how it looks at the end of the Olympics

Looks pretty good to me
A good representation of which nations have overperformed/underfunded comparatively