Hey guys

Hey guys

Going to get some steak this evening.
What kind should i get? whats your favorite?
Prices are around 40-60 Dollars.

Rump? Sirloin? t-bone, etc???

bumping once
come on, i dont know shit about steak

Can't go wrong with sirloin. You're using charcoal grill right? My recommendation is a mesquite, cooked medium. Asparagus with mashed potatoes would make a nice side, but do whatever fits the occasion/budget/guest preference.

Filet mignon is the best. There isn't even an argument here. This is a fact.

Take it from a Texas fag, we know barbecue.

well-done with ketchup

ribeye.

How are you cooking it OP?

as a texan who knows beef, i second this. this is how we do things down here.

Filet obviously.

alright i´ll go with sirloin meadium rare, vegetable sides
thanks

Get a delmonico steak. Cooked rare-medium rare, served with raw horseradish and asparagus on the side

There is only one choice.

You know nothing john snow.

Butcher here

Rib steak, the small one at the end of the loin, that's what you need.

going out

The only acceptable answer here.

Agreed NYorker found Delmonico medium rare, salted vegetables/asparagus. Grilled cheese (mozarella or brie) or mashed potatoes Red wine preferably a cabernet sauvignon.

sirloin is for poor people. go with a ribeye if youre going out.

Get a T-Bone and a Rump.

Call it a T-Rump.

I hope Mexico takes yall away if you really eat steak like that.

Hell yes dude. Is best way to eat steak. I don't drink, but when I did, a glass of red was always nice with it.

If you're in the states don't bother - USDA steak is shit tier.

This.
Ribeye is always the superior cut, as long as the chef knows wtf he is doing.

ribeye, and you know im right

who cooks steak at home and doesn't pick ribeye?

Fucking checked lads

Absolute bulkshit. Filet mingon is one of the more expensive cuts, but that doesn't make it the best.

Texture and flavour are sub standard. The butcher who responded to this post knows what's up.

Ribeye is too soft... go for a decent strip steak. Or a Porterhouse/T-bone.

filet is for people who think they know steak.

at my butcher (adirondacks), the ribeye and strip are the same price per pound as the filet.

Everything but the wine sounds great.

I never drink when I eat steak, as drinking dulls your taste.

Don't get sucked into the winerati's lies - most sommeliers can't distinguish between $3 store trash and $1000 vino supremo. It's all a scam to sell more wine.

Just enjoy the flavours of the meat.

Porterhouse, cover with salt and black pepper, cook over charcoal with a cherry and mesquite wood chip mix to medium rare.

either this or ribeye. these are the only actual choices.

He's going out to eat you fucking potato

Is that true about the wine?

get a horse sirloin

no. that guy just wants people to think he knows more than the rest of society so he made up some contrarian bullshit.

Can't stand wine, and agree wholehearted that drinking dulls the taste.
A steak should be enjoyed as is, without alcohol. That comes after.

I must say, I don't mind the occasional cut of porterhouse.

Don't know why everyone harps on about scotch fillet to be honest. Just generally shit.

And ffs dont use briquettes to cook it OP. Hardwood lump charcoal is the only way to go. Thank me later.

rare / medium rare

Obviously the cap off the top sirloin.
More flavorful than a ribeye and far more tender than a tender loin.

The best cut is what the french call "Bavette" It's technically an off cut but it's way more tender than nearly all other steak cuts apart from "filet mignon" but you get alot more bavette for your money than with filet, and it is just as good. Served with thin cut chips, a strong, creamy peppercorn sauce and haricot beans.

A thick dry-aged prime rib tomahawk chop, seared to perfection on the outside, warm & juicy though but otherwise raw in the middle. Fuckin' a.

Tbone is pretty good, we make it so it's about well done to medium rare

Heh. You and him should duke it out in this thread

Strip rare

lol I do somewhere in the medium rare to well done range as well. as long as it's a good steak it's probably not going to be that bad if overcooked a bit.

but not at a restaurant. medium rare or i send it back.

nah.

cook the steak until there is not red or pink in the middle, you don't want to get any diseases or bacteria from the meat. Cooking the meat medium well is perfect. This also allows the juices in the meat to marinate the steak so it isn't dry.

this. always with a side of ketchup or tomato-based barbeque sauce.

hard to cook but when you do it right it is very good.

medium well? gtfo. you dont deserve to ever eat steak again. ever heard of stak tartare? its raw beef. safe to eat. dont be a faggot, and stop ruining your steak

medium well makes great bait.