Dressage

Is there a more wanky event than Dressage?

You know, an event where you just look at it as a whole and look at the competitors before thinking "wankers"

It's such a fucking meme event, they may as well have the cyclists pop a wheelie and make an event out of it to see how long they can hold it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tcIzsC7_Has
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's completely retarded that rich people hobbies are olympic sports.
Let them have their meme competition between themselves, don't force this crap on people.

>mfw when lower class plebs are amused by watching humans that my family literally used to own, run around in their underpants.

b-but it takes training... a-and its not easy... y-your try it!

That's basically the Winter Olympics too. Unless you're from a country with easy access to a ski resort you have to pay a fortune to train.

It's why Britain is always pretty shit in the Winter Olympics because we don't have the access to ski slopes like the Scandinavians, Swiss and French do.

reverse snobbery from a asspained pleb

kek

>mad that his favorite meme sport got called out for being shit

ok

KEK

Lyl they are crashing left and right

>HORSE SPORTS THAT SHOULD STAY IN THE OLYMPICS

Cross Country
Showjumping

>HORSE SPORTS THAT SHOULD BE IN THE OLYMPICS

Mounted Archery

>HORSE SPORTS THAT NEED TO GET FUCKED

Dressage

it's shit. and no, its not because of
>muh upper class

sailing is only for rich fucks too, but i have no problem with that

every competition that cannot be resolved without points and judges (time constraints not included, like boxing) is automatically a meme tier "sport"

Is a horse an athlete?

>I'll make another dressage hate thread
>That sure will give me some approval on Sup Forums
For SHAME

>mounted archery

guaranteed gold for mongolia 2bh

also: captcha knows

Better Mongolia than some inbred old money Pom

I can't understand why dressage is an olympic sport but polo is not

In dressage it's 95% about the horse

>boxing
>literally the most crooked Olympic sport in history
That should go too.

Who's the athlete in this situation, the human or the horse?

I believe it's the horse. The rider doesn't get tired after a routine

The human who broke and trained the horse.

maybe true and i'm not arguing against that

the point is that when a "sport" cant make it objectively clear how to beat your opponent and they need judges to do it, its automatically shit.
a competition/exhibition, but not a sport

>boxing : beat your opponent
>tennis/basketball/football/etc : outscore your opponent
>racing/sailing/running : finish faster than your opponent
etc

-------

>gymnastics
>skating
>diving
>dressage
?????
as far as "sports" go its on level with pic related

They're 'calling your shots' events. Each routine or vault or dive an athlete in these fields performs is carefully planned, and then audited by Olympic organizers to make sure it's difficult enough for Olympic competition.

The judges are there to make sure the routine the athlete provided is actually followed, and to check for faults (landing outside the boundaries of a gym floor routine, for instance). So breaking down those events:

>gymnastics
>skating
do everything you said you would, stumble less than everyone else
>diving
do everything you said you would, make as little as splash as possible
>dressage
do everything you said you would, make sure your horse doesn't lose its shit

You just don't get it

I wonder who Sagan would lose to in the wheelie competition.

Gymnastics, skating, diving, that sort of event you can look at with a little practice and see where some competitors are better than others; this girl lost her footing a little after a tumble, this girl split her legs a little to get more flips into her dive, etc. It's all about mastery of your own body, worthy Olympic traits.

Dressage, though, is about mastery over a horse. Not training it to run or clear obstacles, but complete domination of the horse's natural motion, making it prance to an unnatural rhythm. All the work is done in the months beforehand; by event day there's almost nothing you can do but hope the horse sticks to the rhythm. But more than anything, it's fucking boring as fuck to watch, so get rid of it.

Oz commentators are fucking insufferable for this shit too

>awww look at da trot what a mad cunt

>ahh that fucken Pom lost trot rhythm what a fucken joke send these inbred cunts home

Where is the horse and the rider?

Go to hell, dressage rules.

how do they get the horses from all over the world to brazil?

>mounted archery
That shit would be so cash

on a plane

They're turned into powder form and canned, then they just have to be rehydrated when they get to Rio.

>Have never watched Dressage before
>Think Sup Forums must be doing one of it's trade mark oversimplifications and it can't be as simple as "horse dancing"
>Watch this "world record"
>It's LITERALLY poncing around on a horse

youtube.com/watch?v=tcIzsC7_Has