Sup Forums I want to join the army. Should I do artillery?

Sup Forums I want to join the army. Should I do artillery?

bump

In short, no. You will most likely never perform your job in a combat environment, You WILL do the army's bitch work. If you are going to join, choose an MOS related to what you want to do in real life when you get out. Previous 13D speaking from experience.

What if I want to make the army my career?

is mcdonalds not accepting applications?

you wont be in the army forever, and you need a backup plan if youre hurt

Not in my town, no :(

I'm already an electrician, I just straight up hate my shitty job

91B H8

19Delta here. Fun as fuck. Tons of suck would totally do it again.

What is 19D and why did you like it so much? I know it's an MOS, but what for specifically?

Oh shit, how did you find muh op3r9r picture

Its a cav scout

You will go Deaf

19D is a cock slurper with a funny hat...
13B is cool if you like sleeping in the field, and deploying on "security" missions

And what makes being a cav scout awesome? Not trying to insult, I'm genuinely curious

seriously just be a drone operator or learn to code and work for NSA stupid nigger

Cavalry Scout. Recon. Were were the jack of all trades and Ace of one, reconnaissance. You get a little training in most combat mos's then a shit ton of land navigation surveillance and topography. Get trained on m4 m320/203 AT-4 50cal m240 m249 nods/nightvision mk-19 (my second fav besides the ma duece .50cal) c4 grenades. Im sure there's other shit i forgot. Go to a light unit like 101st. That was my fav duty station and deployment.

13F here, called in the artillery. It's cool but you'll never get to do it. Army sucks

Plus if you end up at the 101st you can make fun of the Rakkasans.

Go 13f, you can call yourself a fister

No.
That sounds interesting. I might look into it more.

Truueeeeee

you should do sudoku so we don't have to read your shitpost anymore.

Too hard. Shitpost by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!

No, I was a medic in an artillery unit. 1-377.

You will rarely do you job in combat. Unless you get sent to afganistan where they have fire missions.

Otherwise you'll be doing 11B shit.

Just go 11X, the promotion points are low as shit, you'll probably pick up E-5 before you even go to a promotion board thru CLI promotions.

11X all the way man. You can reclass afterwards after you've made E-5.

Yeah, but you can't get attached to the 75th Ranger Regiment as a 19D.

If you want 75th go 11b infantry. I was in a scout/sniper platoon within an infantry battalion. Most of those dudes hated us because we got all the coolguy shit and hardly did bs work until deployment. Then we got detatched and sent to Jordan/Syria border to spy on terrorizers.

Unless you are potato or lazy as all fuck.

Current active 11B can confirm. If you arent retarded you can make e-5 in three years

Or you could go say fuck it to your knees and spine, be airborne, and get to make fun of the 101st for just being air assault.

Do i smell a big red fag?

Gotta make sure he gets it in his contract though or else he's fucked and will never get sent to airborne school

>19D is a cock slurper with a funny hat...

True dat. If it ain't on the paper don't sign shit. They will scare you and say its too late you have to sign. In reality you have like a week once you get to basic to puss out go home and not go to jail for desertion.

13F attached to every one of my cockslurper platoons.... Hmm

French Soldier here, I never understand a damn thing about those letter and number, what are they?

Nah Nigga, you smell someone in the alcoholics anonymous.
Also checked.

The number is what field your in 11 = infantry 19 = cavalry the letter is your specific job in that field. 11C infantry, mortarmen. 19D cavalry, scout.

Don't join Army. Air Farce or be a semen. Coast Guard is rockin. Anything but the Army. Not ever the fucking Army. It's turned into a fucking joke. FTA.

They are job titles essentially..
MOS (military occupational specialty)
Each one concerns a different field of work for example..

11x (infantry option) 11B,11C,11A
68x(medical option) 68W,68D
18x (special forces option) 18B,18D,18E

Allright, thank for the intel.

Lol everyone of you fucks I've ran into has at least 2 art.15's. Fun as shit to party with as long as you an rin faster than someone. The last time i ended up hangin out with 82nd dudes i woke up in a postoffice/court house in Columbus GA. And had to walk back to post.

I started with artillery mon ami

JOIN AIRFORCE ONLY. ITS SO FUCKING EASY. DO 4 YEARS AND DO COLLEGE.
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER. DO NECESSARY TIME IN AIRFORCE AND GET YOUR LICENSING FOR IT. THEN QUIT MILITARY AND GO WORK AT AN AIRPORT OF SORTS. HAVE FUN MAKING 6 FIGURES BUDDY. YOURE WELCOME.

You survived walking through the area off exit 1-5? Or walking anywhere down victory drive? Also you partied with guys from the 82nd at Benning even though they're stationed at Bragg? You must be a bad ass mother fucker.

ALC cockbag and it was sunday so dey all in church.

Disregard last
Also checked.

>Not Joining the USMC

Fucking pathetic.

Aaannd Roger

Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential

Unless you wanna be deaf as shit when you are 30 then no, don't do arty.

If you're not retarded go 15E, UAV systems repairer, make insane bank on the outside and Northropp & Grumman. Artillery is gay as most posts, I would know, God forbid you get Riley. Don't go cav, they never do any hooah shit, and like to act like infantry, even though infantry is a bunch of fags too.

pussy, scared of battlefield ?

Hey man, at least we know we're fags over here with or blue cords. Cav is the one that says they're pretty much the exact same thing as infantry the most. And their stupid fucking Stetson's and spurs...

Were pretty much infantry, said no Scout ever.

You haven't had any interaction with scouts at Bragg have you.

ALC that's about it. Minus the newfag basictraining noobs.

Why do you want to risk your life for corporate interests?

Shit just saw you said brag. In that case nope none.

Because it was my opportunity to kill another human and not go to jail.

13R reporting in. Go fucking 13F and thank me later. Jesus fuck, I hate RADAR.

Join the navy instead. It's like the army but on water, and we actually do work.

Your arm has 'DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY' on it. Don't act all tough, you're our bitch.

Britbong here, want to join the British Army Reserve as an officer. Anyone got any idea what it'll be like?

There may as well not even be 3 brigades at Campbell. 3rd Brigade does everything. Does anything really ever happen over at 1st or 2nd?

yes. like the rest of the military you will have to deal with BS, but firing fuck huge guns is fun

So? Marine Corps is small and we're under the Navy umbrella since we're a naval warfare unit. The whole point of the Marines is to have a military force stationed in all parts of the world to respond quickly to any incidents. So Marine air/ground forces need Navy ships as a launching point.
I was in the Marines (0311) and got along great with the Navy during a MEU deployment. Most Marines will say the same thing. We're just the red headed stepchild in the Navy family.

Cliff Notes: You're not going to offend any Marine by mentioning "Department of the Navy."

Dunno i was 4th before they chucked dueces. Did you know the only thing that can please a Rakkasan is another Rakkasan.

Join the Navy
/thread

Back then, artillery was actually useful.

so far the best advice given in this thread

I agree with this to the extent that some exceptions have to be made, I.e., 2-506. We have LOTS of tards here.

>threading own post
>says to join the navy
We're reaching levels of faggotry that shouldn't even be possible!

Current 92Y fag here

Don't join the Army, it's going to be the biggest mistake of your life

Become a nazi

I'm planning on going the Air Force as a Pilot or CRO

if you want to be the one dropping out of heli's and rescuing people but don't want to be in the front lines go PJ or if you like survival kind of shit go SERE

I'll take your lack of argument as tacit agreement.

Have a buddy that's an SP, he fucking hates his life.

19D who served in an Airborne Infantry battalion here.

No, we're not like Infantry. We have to learn a shit ton more. Your SQT manual looks like a Cosmo magazine, ours were as thick as encyclopedias.

Your demolitions training was minimal and we were trained on more weapons. Your commo training and land nav was pretty basic too. I can't criticize your land nav though, it was sufficient and we needed more in-depth training per the nature of our MOS.

We also knew how to be quiet in the woods. Grunts make more noise than a fucking circus.

Other than that I hated being mechanized so an Airborne Infantry battalion suited me just fine. 11Bs are hard charging, disciplined soldiers for the most part which minimized the deadbeats so I enjoyed it. They could also run PT drunk so it was just like being back in the Cav. Sorry to disappoint, but PCS'ing from a Cav squadron to an Infantry Bn was an easy transition. We had a few new tricks to learn, the two MOS' have their differences, but nothing too complicated. That was 20 years ago and I still talk to several of them on a regular basis.

We didn't wear stetsons or spurs back then though. Officers would wear them on special occasions but that was rare. The stetsons just look weird with a modern uniform to me.

Another thing that was different was 11Bs didn't have this bizarre hard-on for Scouts like they do now. Every forum I visit the 11Bs have seizures when anybody mentions Scouts. Get over it. It makes you look foolish (and I'm not saying that as an insult, just an observation).

Agreed. My dad is retired Air Force EOD and is making serious retirement dollars.

YO my brother was just assigned 13B a fuckin' day ago! No way!