How do I get over my fear of dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/HFY/comments/43uk9r/click/
youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You kill yourself

This

This would work...

It depends, for me , thinking about the shit I've done until now and being pretty happy with it makes the trick

dont die

you kill yourself

Grow a spine.
Not easy but thats it.
I spent an entire decade doing as many high mortality things i could and i grew a nice good spine. You'll know you've achieved the desired effect when you can tell a mob boss to his face to fuck off and take his 5 year old temper tantrum bullshit outside infront of his men when you're the only person in the room without a weapon and not give a shit when everyone pulls guns out and asks you to repeat yourself which you should cause thats what a grown ass man with a spine does when faced with impending mortality.

Tl;dr stop caring and meet all challenges with a kick to its balls and middle fingers held high.

kill yourself.

Remember the fact you can die of an aneurysm at any second, and there is no way to stop it.

Don't fear the reaper don't fear inevitability it's not worth it you can't change it do stuff while you can so in the end you don't lament the fact you didn't

Get a love of living

why should man fear death for when man is death is not and when death comes man is not

fuck a stranger in the ass

death is the answer

depends...
are you religious?

Assuming he's not retarded,no.

If I was, would I be unreasonably affraid?

die once, so you know what it's like. no need to be afraid after that!

You are already dead if posting here.

You just accept it. There's really no trick except acknowledging that it'll happen regardless of what anyone does

Die. No more fear.

well, in that case he won't believe in any afterlife. That means total oblivion after death. So nothing he has ever done or will ever do won't matter in the long run. That seems scary, but at the same time it makes it somewhat easy to relativate life. It doesn't matter what you make with your life in the long run, but you are free to do whatever you want to do. You are completely absolutely free. If you are afraid of an empty meaningless life, then carve out some piece of meaning. A mission. A calling. And fight for it like it was your god. Of course in the end it won't matter either, because everyone will die. But in a world without god and meaning every act of creating meaning for oneself is a desperate, futile and mad act. So let's be all mad. It doesn't matter. You can do whatever you want. It doesn't matter. So let's all give the universe the finger and be mad or apathetic. Fight or fade away. It doesn't matter, we can do whatever we want. I personally chose to have fun, while having a meaningful life after my definitions, because i like to do that.

i was afraid of dying while i was still very religious. It doesn't matter that much. There's still the fear. Plus the fear of not knowing if you do the right thing in the eyes of god. So it isn't much better on that side

If you're afraid of dying itself: Dying isn't so horrible most of the times. And death is almost literally like sleep. You remember that you slept, because you wake up in a concious state the next day and remember that there was a day and days before your sleep (and maybe some dreams). But you basically lose your stream of conciousness every night and then you wake up. Just forget the waking up part and there you have death. If you really just don't think about what happens after the sleeping part (because there isn't anything), it isn't so scary anymore.

dont get over it embrace it

not wanting to die is what drives life to go on and to have goals. after all the meaning of life is to continue itself... biologically speaking

here's a nice scifi short story about the absurdity of existance and how humans defy it by simply not caring/being pragmatists:
reddit.com/r/HFY/comments/43uk9r/click/

When you die you have a DMT trip reality it's only for a second but it feels like years have pasted it's the most intense high you can get

>"Existentialism was just a phase you grew out of"
exactly OP
live your life. Make the best of it. Become the best at what you do.
You can worry about death again once you're old

do peyote and similar stuff

do you have another source for that besides that picture?

kys tumblr fag

Tell us more an9n

die

Doesn't matter. You won't live forever. You will die so make peace with it

HNNNG

Yeah but what if your head gets blown to bits

Is your life that great that you really care? I use to worry about dying but I finally realized how shitty life, people and the world is and I don't want to be in it anymore

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Almost dying a couple times and being diagnosed with a medical condition that will eventually kill me is what did it for me.

That, and spirituality. Not some christianfag bullshit, real spirituality is not something that any one religion owns.

nobody knows what it's like to die. How the fuck would they tell anyone? if you're talking about clinical death, you're body is trying to keep itself alive and releasing chemicals. people can still be brought back until biological death happens and if it does, nobody is coming back to talk about it

all of you faggots saying you shouldn't be afraid to die are retarded

So far i've only seen that all quotations for that fact are linked to the work of Rick Strassman, wo conducted research with patients who were given DMT and then he linked their experiences with near death experiences because they were similar. He then suggested that DMT might be released in the brain uppon dying. BUT that is not fact yet. This is pure speculation on his part. Researchers apparently just found DMT in the pineal gland in rodents and they only found it in melanoma cells in humans as for now

face your fears my dude

Death happens to everyone. From the poorest bastard that has never had a decent meal in their life, to the person living the most opulent lifestyle possible.
You cannot avoid it forever so you should not fear it; you should do whatever you want and what you can, so that when death does come, you can say you did what you wanted in life.
This doesn't necessarily mean be a daredevil. It means if you really want to do something, then do it before it's too late.

so how do you deal with the problem? Does the fear of death fuel you or cripple you?

just tell yourself, that you will die over and over every day. That'll help
Memento mori
youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k

Please elaborate user, I am searching for deeper meaning but have been an agnostic/deist since I renounced my very Christian family's ways.

How is this thread alive? It should have died with op after the first comment.

waiting for delivary

You must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. You must face your fear, let it pass through you and over you, and once it has gone past you will turn your inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only you will remain.

a lot of advice from people who feel they have enough life experience to know how to handle the problem, some arguing, some shitposting and a bunch of guys just wanting OP to kill himself. There you go. That's how a thread blows up
You posted in it, didn't you?