The Americans - recent episode discussions

Why didn't Stan get a beer this time?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/05/26/arts/television/the-americans-will-end-in-2018.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LwK21QS7iIM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He got a free dinner.

Stan drinking whiskey instead of beer symbolizes a change in the relationship between him and Philip soon. Beer buddies time is over.

how will the robbery affect paige?
i hope she goes full junior spy

We'll probably in for another wild Jesus ride.
I'm getting so tired of that pastor and all the religious bullshit.

I think it's going to make her more aware of what her parents really do, instead of that political bullshit she thinks, but at the same time she is going to want to learn some of those defense mechanisms.

That was possibly the most awkward dinner in the history of television

>"looks like Elizabeth isn't the only one with a roast in the oven"

Based Stan

>tfw two more seasons confirmed

..........meaning there's no climax in sight, and they'll draw it out way past the expiry date.

...meaning you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Having a set end-date will secure the show's quality.

I dont give a fuck as long as we will see more of Paige and Elizabeth

I don't think she'll handle the fact that her parents hurt people very well. Not to mention how Pastor Tim will handle it if he finds out, Paige will probably snitch to him cause she's a bitch nigga.

Stan is a moocher like Kramer

based fucking liz

>"I only come around when it's time to eat"
Based fuckinng stan

I doubt she will snitch. Did you see the way she broke down after the first time she did it. Her parents could kill the president and Paige wouldn't tel anyone

wewlad

>that dinner scene

link?
is it wrapping up by season 6 or what?
will more people finally watch this show?

nytimes.com/2016/05/26/arts/television/the-americans-will-end-in-2018.html

Do you have any idea how expensive Miller High Life was in the 80's? This is the champagne of beers we're talking about, back then a 6 pack cost about $40. An FBI agent couldn't afford that kind of beer on an honest salary. It's only through the hard work of our top beer scientists that they've been able to lower the price of Miller High Life to an affordable price today.

Is Paige... a spy!?

>“We have no doubt that this two-season order will allow Joe and Joel to tell this story to its perfect conclusion,” Eric Schrier, president of original programming for FX, said in a statement.

Is it just me or is post-near-death-experience Pastor Tim cool as shit?

elizabeth dosen't find him as big as a threat now at least

is arkady going to be shitcanned after the gaad op?

>thanks for the beer

Preview for next Episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=LwK21QS7iIM

>tfw Paiges "Do you trust me or not?"

Cmon Henry!
Really???

Why is he so based?

>implying that Stan isn't a super smart detective who knows that the kids are drinking all of his beer and it just getting it replaced

Of course they don't trust you, you dumb bitch.

No, I don't trust you Paige. You're always spilling secrets.

Someone is getting busted for the mail robot

>gracias por la cerveza

>Do you trust me or not?
bitch pls

Well, there was wine at the meal.

I predict beer next week.

Beer and whisky. Maybe at a bar.

Maybe Stan tries to enlist Phillip's help in getting at the KGB.

Hilarity will ensue.

She's going to continue to be an irritating, whiny little bitch and focus on how her mom is so evil killing a hobo but gloss over the fact that she saved her from getting raped and/or murdered

Why would he? It wasn't him who fucked it up

Did anyone wonder if Elizabeth might have been coming on to Pastor Tim in order to get that tape?

Also, was the killing kind of planned at the end? To get Paige pulled deeper into their world?

Yeah -- they will pull the hell out of that mail robot thread.

Bet they get close.

She wasn't coming on to him, but she was definitely working him.

>Did anyone wonder if Elizabeth might have been coming on to Pastor Tim in order to get that tape?

She was probably working him for something but at the same time have a genuine heart-to-heart

>Also, was the killing kind of planned at the end? To get Paige pulled deeper into their world?

Absolutely not. There was nothing that indicated that was planned and that wouldn't help matters at all.

>tfw watch the series, obvious anti-russky shill
>enjoy it so much, wanna become a russian spy for the motherland

good job 'murrica

The tape probably doesn't even exist though.

>There was nothing that indicated that was planned and that wouldn't help matters at all.

Probably not. But it had a feel to it.

Like Elizabeth and/or Claudia was trying to graduate Paige to the next level.

Also, I had those SPETZNAZ pit drills in the back of my mind as well. Where they committed gratuitous murder on prisoners in order to get their operatives used to the sensation.

Yeah, probably not.

If it does, I bet they find it. Because she said lawyer. And they can find any lawyer they (or the church) uses and pull that thread.

>genuine heart-to-heart

Yeah, I think she liked being Patty. And having something close to a friend.

Definitely Elizabeth is working to get that tape or maybe Paige will ask for it.

They're actively trying to hide the violent nature of their work from Paige. They don't even like Paige asking questions about the specifics of their work. Exposing her to something like that is accomplishes nothing.

Also, Elizabeth's reaction did not indicate expecting that at all.

I bet Paige has at least one kill before the series is over in 2018.

We will watch her change next year into something stronger but less empathetic, I predict.

And if they do a 20 years later thing, like Harry Potter did, then Henry will be a seasoned FBI agent. Like his role model, Stan.

What if it were just Claudia doing this? Or Gabriel. Either one of them would sacrifice that whole Jennings family for the Rodina.

Also, we know Elizabeth is a consummate actress...

Henry suddenly looked way older this ep

What? They're going to pull off a half-assed clandestine operation to traumatize their daughter?

No offense but this theory is fucking dumb. It's two females walking alone at night in a shitty area gettign accosted by scum. That's it.

Some of this mystery will be revealed as well.

I thought this too. He almost looked like a different actor to me.

You might be right. But that is not how the Soviets thought.

And remember how much the Center wanted to pull Paige in even after that boy went batshit insane and took out 2 of their best agents (his parents).

It really makes no sense for the Center to jeopardize their very best agents by exposing their secrets to the daughter, for that matter.

A daughter raised in America with a healthy love for apple pie, the flag, and Jesus.

Just a thought, anyway. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

We are not through with Claudia, either, as you saw.

Dude seriously? I need more backstory on this.

>I bet Paige has at least one kill before the series is over in 2018.
>tfw it will be Pastor Tim

We all do. She is Directorate 12.

Clearly the "Stepmother" was the computer-savvy woman she requested in bed with Burov.

She got the sample (and maybe Martha) out.

But what else is she up to?

Your words ring as true as your trips.

That makes much sense.

Maybe Alice also.

And I bet by then she will do it as dispassionately as if she were sipping a hot cup of Gabriel's tea.

underrated post

That wasn't beer. Didn't catch it when he said it.

Also, and it just occurred to me, they can fast forward the season again. If they can go 7 months in 5 minutes, why can they not go 5 or 6 years for that last season?

Which would put Henry well on the way to being FBI.

And Paige could be stone cold operative by that time.

The writes did a good job with getting us out of the plot rut with the 7 month time leap.

Hahahaha! Oversight? Or a subtle hint at Beeman's fragile state of mind?

It certainly works for the latter.

Do you think he was playing Burov with the car-to-car heart to heart? Guessing that was the case. Essentially trading any potential future with the guy for information on the Gaad killers.

I do think Beeman is fragile though. The lack of sleep is what it is. And the troubled soul over Nina and Gaad. And I think he will make it his personal mission to get the killers of Gaad.

Another hint at the fragility is his saying things like he did at the table, about his wife's boyfriend. No preamble. Just blunt talk at a dinner party with a clergyman and his wife and the Jennings family.

I think Stan is going to show us some serious payback for Gaad and it will be glorious.

She's so qt

And dangerous.

Goddamn, poor Don. He didn't deserve this shit.

He's bery solly that he told Patty to get riddibit

>tfw his marriage falls apart after this

when is she going to shag FBI son

who the fuck was this "we can't afford character actress Margot Martindale for this episode" looking bitch that played Patty's mom when they blackmailed Don?

Interesting idea.

Especially if she thinks she is helping out her parents by getting information

That one that got Stoned to death in the Leftovers.

The computer expert that Tatiana requested from Oleg.

huh

She was the computer expert Tatiana asked for in the last episode.

When she was in bed with Oleg, after the sexy time, she asked for a computer woman who spoke English.

>Almost like she was playing Oleg

Do you think we are done with Yung Hee?

I bet she accidentally bumps into Elizabeth or something.

I thought about that too. What if she sees her at the grocery store and recognizes her or something like that?

Most likely done.
Although I really wouldn't mind something like that. I'm surprised they haven't had a bit about running into someone undisguised yet, except for Elizabeth that one time with Gaad.

Is it just me or was that a bit of a convoluted way to get into Don's office?

You could see part of Elizabeth die when Philip told her they didn't find the codes

Overrated show. Game of Thrones is much better

Don will commit sudoku

Yeah. I used to live in that area and you bump into people you know all the time, everywhere you go.

Probably more likely back then, with less people and fewer shopping options.

You don't think he will puzzle things out for himself?

>Elizabeth is seen in her Patty disguise next week looking upset
WHAT DOES IT MEAN

I was surprised he didn't walk them outside and talk on a bench or something.

That was from this episode

The episode previews contain a lot of clips from previous episodes

About what?

Oh.
Those fuckers.

He wouldn't want his dirty laundry being aired in public. It's expected that he would want to speak in private.

Just a play on soduku being a puzzle.

But I wonder if we are done with Don, though, since they didn't get the codes?

Yeah. Especially since he was the director.

Oh lol

Well they've already ran the course with working him, they have all his computer files so if they don't get it from them, they're pretty fucked

I miss Gregory. Elizabeth should've left Philip for him

>Yo buddy, we need someone unaffiliated with the FBI to help us out on this big KGB OP
>Phil's face
"s..sure..sure.."