>watching Michael take off

i'd watch it.

Whoop this was supposed to be on Sup Forums
At least it's a /k/ related book, eh

>watching the "holy shit they want them to do what" Russian assistance

>the glorious Michael

Yes, I would watch the hell out of it.

Pournelle is pretty /k/

I don't know, how much does it cost to pretend the Philippines is Vietnam, $50million?

I just finished rereading this for the fifth or sixth time and yeah.... it totally needs to be a 2-season HBO series.

The Micheal is cool, but the fithp dropping out of Nimitz-sized digit ships from 200,000 feet was great. Also, an entire episode featuring aliens getting slaughtered by Afrikaaners and Zulus with spears would be epic.

They should follow it up the way the book should have ended had Niven and Pournelle been able to write endings for shit: with a hijacked Thuktun Fisthliny and a homebrewed Bussard ship raping the shit out of Homeworld with r-bombs and demanding a fithp surrender or else they exterminate the entire species.

I thought the ending was decent. Nothing says that your suggestion didn't happen, it was just left open to the thought that all kinds of shenanigans were about to unfold.

This is one of my favorite books ever. I wish to hell that the two sequels hadn't been coauthored, because the second one was pretty solid but the third one was not nearly as good.

Pournelle is supposed to be releasing a fourth book in the series but he's been working on it for over a decade now and the man is getting old. He needs to do more writing which will leave a legacy of fans, and less blogging that will be forgotten within a month at most...

Other series ideas:

Armor by John Steakley

Seasons by Joe Haldeman

The Drakon Series by S.M. Stirling

Surprised that this hasn't gotten made given how popular steampunk stuff seems recently.

Lights Out by David Crawford
no idea of budget...maybe 30 mil?

>Armor by John Steakley
HNNNG

This would be such an amazing film if done right, but since I know it WOULDN'T be done right, I'm glad that nobody's bitten on it.

It was one of those very rare situations when I thought there should have been a sequel. The book just ended so abruptly. I can't see humanity tolerating the presence of an interstellar spacefaring species that has already invaded Earth once. We would be reverse-engineering the shit out of their drives and paying them a seriously ugly visit.

One Second After >>>>> Lights Out, as far as EMP-based SHTF goes. Lights Out felt like a poor representation of how things would go down, especially with the whole "oh yeah it's been half a year since SHTF but we can still go buy SKSs from the gun shop guys, and we'll pay them in silver dollars" nonsense.

Alternatively, this series. I prefer Footfall but these were good too.

Have you ever read the Worldwar series by Turtledove? It is insanely long and half of it is a monument to how shitty the author had it trying to stop smoking, but it's overall really good.

> alien species with 10,000 years of unified rule and a near total social stasis sends probes to Earth
> probes land in AD 1200
> aliens figure that there's no way humans could have advanced appreciably in 840-odd years
> aliens land in 1942 equipped with early 21st century tech
> laughingnazis.jpg
> aliens get get slowly, agonizingly raped over the next 60 years because they can't imagine a species developing new technologies on a timescale shorter than millenia

It's a good series.

No, it was more that humanity was rescued by gingers spreading gingervitis among the aliens.

>that poor cucked atomic scientist

Shit sucked for Larssen.

> work on le nuke
> wife fucks GI
> get twisted up over it
> catch the drippy duck
> die

Poor fuck.

But, yeah. Ginger bombs were fucking hilarious.

Don't forget, his wife's response to fucking over his life because she couldn't wait to hop back on a dick was to try to forget about him.

That already was an anime OVA

In 2013 a film was reportedly in development.

Sounds like we read the same stuff.
How about SM Stirling's "Conquistador"?

Neat, hadn't heard about that.

I'm starting to lose hope of actually getting to read the fourth Janissaries book though. A real pity especially since the first 3 released chapters were good stuff.

Yukikaze was (is?) getting a Hollywood adaptation with Tom Cruise though.
Hasn't been any news about it since forever though.

you all should be ashamed.
no one has mentioned Blood Meridian.
$30 million.

How can one man be so based?

Oath of Fealty, the CoDominium novels, Footfall, Lucifer's Hammer, King David's Spaceship, Mote, the Gripping Hand

Even his lower end stuff like High Justice is pretty good.

He was the space advisor for Gingrich, he was going to be the Apollo 18 science director, he lead the Reagan space council thing
So many fucking positions and jobs and accomplishments, my god

Worked on DC-X, had the highest missle technology clearance for a while, wrote for Byte magazine...

He even worked on the shitcanned plan to send astronauts on a one way trip to the moon in order to beat the ruskies

Shame about the stroke. What a mind!

Red storm rising not a movie but a mini series
>that operation Nordic hammer
>that first flying Frisbee attack
>that flight of vampires

indie- 2 million

>He even worked on the shitcanned plan to send astronauts on a one way trip to the moon in order to beat the ruskies
wait what

Anybody remember the book series about the human race basically breaking down communication across its colonies across the stars and a planet being annexed by aliens because of it? It turns from full blown human military to guerilla warfare in the cities. I have literally been trying to find it for years.

Shit, the Drakon series is /k/ whackoff material extraordinaire.

> British sympathizers leave the US and end up in South Africa, developing the steam engine decades ahead of schedule
> they supply the Confederacy with armored steam cars and breech loading rifles during the Civil War
> the Confederates lose and move to South Africa (named Drakia after Sir Francis Drake)
> the world's largest slavery state is formed, taking over the entirety of Africa before WWI and the Middle East during
> the Draka fight the Soviets and Nazis simultaneously during WWII and win, enslaving Europe and Asia
> the mother of all cold wars ensues
> by the 1990's, there are moon colonies and wars in the solar system
> genetic engineering results in transgenic soldiers the size of gorillas carrying charged particle weapons
> lots of fuckslaves and general badassery in between

Literally, it's /k/'s wet dream.

Have you ever read The Legacy Of Heorot?

> Earth sends a couple hundred of its best and brightest on a one way trip to colonize Tau Ceti
> almost all are mildly dain bramaged and have panic issues
> one military-type guy was included in the colony and ended up being laughed at by his superliberal fellow colonists
> everything is cool until a new apex predator shows up
> it's a highly intelligent crocodillian that uses naturally-occurring rocket fuel as adrenaline
> ohshit.jpg
> it also breeds like catholic rabbits and innundates the planet with millions of its spawn
> OHSHIT.jpg
> the superliberals defer to the military guy's judgement and they end up going on a turbocroc hunt that would make Steve Irwin shit a basket of stingray spines
> the military guy ends up fucking off to his mountaintop fortress in a plural marriage with two women

How have you people not read this shit?

I read what might have been the sequel, involving all his kids. And the nastiest fucking bugs this side of Starship Troopers, that were basically airborne piranhas that exploded when struck hard enough (same rocket fuel in them as the turbocroc).

Yeah, Beowulf's Children was the title. Never picked up the original though, don't think my library had it.
>tfw I have only this cover art to thank for starting me on the path of reading many many Pournelle novels

Came here to post this desu.

That book was great up until I realized that NATO's plan in that scenario was to let the nukes fly because it expected to lose conventionally.

>He even worked on the shitcanned plan to send astronauts on a one way trip to the moon in order to beat the ruskies
Need to hear about this.

Would watch x1000

Best sci-fi book I've ever read, right here.

was that the one where the aliens wanted to invade human planets to train their soldeirs to fight some evil thing somewhere else? If that's it i've got it laying around here somewhere.

Hammer's Slammer's senpai
I'd kill for it to get an HBO or some high budget series treatment.