What's your guys local cinema like?

What's your guys local cinema like?

It's great if you don't get conscripted into the theater militia to stave off incursions by the sewer people.

I've lost a lot of good friends that way.

It's alright. Tiny, but I've never ran into the problems and the people are nice.

I have a soft spot for rundown family theaters like this

The people here put a lot of effort in decorations for upcoming movies. Made a nice little forest for the Jungle Book.

Where's the crab shack?

Shit.

I never go, I go to the more modern IMAX one in the city center. Lease is expiring and they're being kicked out by the landlord. But I still have fond memories of this cinema, it's kinda sad to see it go as it was a great place for kids and families in the local area to go.

>theater stopped selling soda by the gallon
>no longer sell popcorn by the trashbag
>only employees can dispense butter after too many patrons were caught drinking straight from the self-serve nozzle
>the finger-print scanners are broke, only fluid tests are operational
>the bouncy castle has been deflated for years
>the arcade only has pinball machines with one working paddle
>the disco ball in theater 7 has been askew for over a year and always shines light in your eyes
>the hedgemaze is in disrepair
>the balcony seats are off-limits ever since some teens fell off and died
>the line for the rollercoaster stretches down the block
>the orange soda waterfall is out of order
>No Dr Pepper or Mr. Pibb only "Lt. Thunder"
>theater #4 is reserved for use by the highschool volleyball team
>dance nights have been replaced with book clubs
>only smokers are allowed in the bowling alley
>the first 5 rows of theater 6 are buried under discarded theater trash, the trash claims a new row every 2 months
>The theater clown got laid off
>all bathrooms are unisex and teenager girls stand ready at the urinals to giggle at your penis
>the vomitorium hasn't been cleaned in ages and is starting to leak
>someone stole all the chickens from the petting zoo, so now its just a goat
>the theater flag was stolen by the rival cineplex and 7 employees have died trying to reclaim it
>the mandatory prayer before every screening now stretches over 15 minutes
>someone left the barn open so the theater horses have gone missing
>all the beekeeper suits have tears in them making apiary upkeep impossible
>can't hear the movie over the complimentary vuvuzuelas they give out to preferred patrons
>if you don't clap enough the theater police considers you as 'suspicious' and put a demerit on your permanent record
>If you become too 'suspicious' the theater police brands a D for dissident on the back of your neck
>they use too much salt in the popcorn

This is why I torrent

When it comes to disorderly behaviour it's in the middle. In Stockholm some cinemas should be avoided at all costs (people walking around, talking, texting etc). The place close to my home is ok for less popular films, but for big releases I go to other cinemas to avoid people talking during the movie

knh inside

How healthy are the cinema falcons?

and the smell is worse

Pretty good senpai

There's a really comfy older cinema in my aunt's town, it has models of Spider-Man and King Kong around the front. I only go to the VIP theater in my own city though, it has reserved seating with a bar and they bring you menus to order real food if you like, but really I just like the seating. Ironically before being fully renovated that theater was a complete dogshit cheap theater

You wouldn't wanna know

Does she come with the seat?

who /alamo drafthouse masterrace/ here?

Mi negro ariqueño!

That cinema had rats back in 80´s. It was a nice touch when you watched critters, gremlins or Aliens, you can feel the rats running over your feets.

I love Cine Colon in Arica, still a big hall not like the small shit cinemas on big cities

What movie theaters have recliners? I need to find a movie theater with a recliner.

I live in Chicago area. I'm willing to drive a decent distance for this.

man can these people ever just commit mass murder sober?
was he on like 1500 mg of dextromethorphan or what? probably blacked out the whole thing.
The ISIS guys that shot up the concert in Paris were on a bunch of alprazolam and cocaine. The axis powers invented meth and abused opiates and cocaine, plenty of allied troops, too...

There's only one cinema in my town it's very old and rather run-down, but they're still the only option.

>the concession area has had a rancid aroma for the last 8 years that nobody can find the source of
>there are holes in the wood paneling that reveal pulsating raw flesh underneath
>the ancient lamps overhead crane their necks to follow you down the hall as you walk by
>the posters on display are for movies that no longer exist
>the balconies are all fully occupied by marble statues
>there is intermittent weeping on the PA system
>Theater #1 has been boarded up for almost 20 years ever since an undisclosed incident (you can still hear labored breathing on the other side if you put your ear to the door)
>Theater #2 has a draft nobody can account for
>There is no theater #3
>Theater #4 rocks like a ship
>People have gotten lost in theater #5
>Theater #6 is infested with ravens
>We don't talk about theater #7
>Theater #8 is next to the heart and you can always hear the beating
>Old-timers say theater #9 is haunted
>and you can never get comfortable in the seats in theater #10

3 stars on Yelp.

have you gone to Galloping Ghost? drive a decent distance to that, at least.

>old ones permeate your theater
>no midnight showings of In the Mouth of Madness

>Galloping Ghost

Isn't Galloping Ghost an arcade?

>cinema showers are broken
>instead of repairing them the manager hired a new security guard
>he just spits on you for about 5 minutes then rubs you with a crusty rag
Wasn't even worth it. Still failed the height inspection before getting into the actual theater.

now the cinema belongs to Hoyts, and they improved the image quality and sound a little bit

>the cinema sauna is always filled with old gay men re-enacting lemonparty

We have 2 Edwards Regal theaters. The one on the shitty side of town is actually better than the one at the mall. They have plenty of theaters and none of the new meme movies are ever sold out. Only con is they got complaints about the sound a few years ago so now everything is too quiet.

They also are a prime target for the local Gods Not Dead and Lord Save us From Your Followers test showings for some reason.

it's okay

Like this

>mfw the cinema mascot bursts in the theater and starts his routine at an important part of the movie

You shouldn't.

Why the fuck would you want to be packed in with that many people. Smaller theaters are preferable.

TRYING TOO HARD FAGGOT

ye better get us leaks