>dat female role model

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Negga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Cooper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gilgun#TV_and_stage_work
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should've made Cassidy black, irish and niggers and indistinguishable

that british guy was a great cast

Agreed. Black irish/scottsman are still funny.
>demoman
>Thin Lizzy frontman
and u gonna blow ur load at the Miller's Crossing black remake.

>passing on this possibility

I may be more bothered that Jesse doesn't have longer hair. Huh. I think I ended up growing mine longer a bit after reading Preacher now thay I think about it.

Mackenzie Davis is a goddess. I think if she died her hair black, she would be perfect Molly Millions.

She and Elizabeth Debecki should make out.

that bitch is hot as f

She doesn't look rough

This. I got a crush on her when watching World War Z.

>tulip is black

can't wait for jesse's family to learn about her. dis gun be gud

>that exploding oxygen tank/wheelchair scene

No way that will ever look good

i never read the book, is jesse's family racist?

Why is she getting so big all of a sudden?

>Warcraft
>Preacher
>Loving (pure Oscars bait so maybe she'll win an Oscars in 2017)

Basically racist religious rednecks.

So what are the differences between comic and show so far?

I know the Preacher is suppose to be the child of a angel or something like that instead of a Alien possessing him.

she's dating Howard Stark, notice how he's in most of her shows and movies.

And wrap their necks around each other while they're doing it

>I know the Preacher is suppose to be the child of a angel or something like that instead of a Alien possessing him.

No. Jesse was just a human, he came to be possessed by an entity called genesis which is the product of an angel and a demon fucking and apparently such a warped concept it's more powerful than God, when it possessed Jesse the church was actually full and the entire congregation got toasted.

At some point because of Genesis Jesse learns God has vacated heaven and sets out to find him and kick his ass back onto the throne

That was implied of course

>that feel when no giraffe kisses

So as of now there are very little differences between them.

Jesse's dad wasn't a preacher either, he was a Vietnam veteran

He looks more like Glenn Fabry's Jesse instead of Steve Dillon's.

Irish vampire has demon eyes and wears sunglasses to hide them.

Will the show have John Wayne?

Kinda disappointed there wasn't a church explosion at the end of the pilot, but it makes sense for there not to be in this adaptation.

That's what I'm keeping in mind, that it's an adaptation on a cable network, so somethings aren't going to make the cut. However, I think they nailed Cassidy, Jesse seems promising, and Tulip was on point, all things considered. Arseface's makeup could've been better, but they got that naive, hopeful optimism. Everyone else fulfilled their roles, but I am interested to see how that church helper character pans out.

I want to see how the story evolves in this version, from the comic. I'll be tuning in the next time it airs, which is saying a bunch considering how I view live TV.

The show fucking better have John Wayne, that might be some DROPPED material if he doesn't pop up before the end of S1.

>Arseface

Oh god it was so painful to watch that part.
What the fuck happen to the character?

He tried to Kurt Cobain himself

>Why is she getting so big all of a sudden?

Those flower dresses she wore on Agents of SHIELD. I miss Flowers...

Should've casted a hot blonde as Tulip. There's already a cute black chick in Preacher.

I thought I was going to hate the series but I liked it

Dunno if I'd agree about Tulip. She sure as hell doesn't blow up a bunch of helicopters at the start of the comics. She fucks up the assassination attempt too and bumps into Cassidy that way.

>Tulip was on point
Can't agree with that. Tulip was the craziest one of the trio while in the comics she was calm, even stoic, acting like a counterweight for Jesse's and Cass' antics.

Racist isnt the half of it. One of them straight up fucks animals. The other guy is pretty much an evil terminator.

Do you think they'll have the coffin scenes?

The connection is a weird little historical oddity, from what I've heard it's because of both Irish and Blacks having really low social stature in the Carribean or something like that.
It's not a coincidence that 'Tyrone', one of Ireland's counties, because the most stereotypical black guy name ever

>The other guy is pretty much an evil terminator.

That motherfucker beat a gorilla to death

>that scene when Jesse puts a board with nails through his face and he launches Jesse off his feet with a punch then pulls it off like it was nothing

He was a sick son of a bitch but if he did one good thing it was teach Jesse how to fight.

I thought about it, and I figured they wouldn't. Not really necessary

He got what was coming to him in the end

RUTH NIGGA

XD

>prouda you, boy.

did Cassidy redeem himself in the end?

Cassidy was the only good thing about this show, i could even live with them fucking up his story and look because i liked the guy, but all the other casting choices where god damn awful, jesse, Tulip, arseface, nigger martian cop guy, all just terribel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Negga
>Negga is dating actor Dominic Cooper, with whom she lives in London.[7]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Cooper
>Cooper plays Jesse Custer, the lead role in AMC's Preacher;[16] the programme debuted in May 2016. Cooper is part of the cast of the Warcraft film adaptation, set to be released in June 2016.[17]

I don't even remember seeing nigger martian cop guy.

became human, watched the sun rise and tossed away his shades, so yeah I'd say so

it's not like he banged tulip right after jesse died either

his solo story fucked me up

Who would they even get to play as John Wayne?

well yeah but remember he took one hell of a fucking beating that he knew he deserved for it and literally sacrificed himself so that Jesse could die and be resurrected without Genesis in him.

he was pretty moral as far as vampires go compared to that other dude that had the goth kid cult

it's up to the reader since the story ends there, but his last words are very telling. "i think i'll try acting like a man." we don't know if he will, but at least he's got the intention. huge development for him

I really hope that's The Grail that's trying to kill Cassidy. No idea why they'd be after him this early, but at least it'd mean they're on the show. And that based Herr Starr will eventually show up.

I wonder if they'll have Jesus in the show or if that's too triggering for christfags.

I think they could compromise and do a cop-out. The Grail claims to have Jesus, Jesse tells them to fuck off, thanks to Genesis he knows it's not the real Jesus. So Starr shoots the kid in the head and comes up with his plan to use Jesse as the mesiah instead.

How do you think he'll stay religious in the show? He never seemed religious at all in the comics and relied more on his dad and John Wayne.

How long do you think*

>dat female role model

Well, even in the comic where he was forced into it he kept using his preacher outfit until the end. And I guess kinda having irrefutable proof that god exists helped him stick to whatever good things he saw in religion.

Ffs just make everyone fucking black jesus christ

I hope they do the NY arc where Tulip got stabbed in the hand, let's see how strong you are after that

who is this guy?

I hope they have the messiah and Herr Starr's antics in the show.

>watch the first episode of the show
>find out it's from a comic since i'm a pleb
I'm curious, is it all shock value?

DON'T GET FRESH

Yes, google some pages and find out

Nah it's not as edgy as Crossed and it can be pretty funny especially later on. I'd recommend downloading the comics and reading them. I went through the entire story in about a day.

Part of it, yeah.

That's basically the comic author's thing: he'll come up with this good story about comradery, honor, standing up for what you believe in, spice it up with some good plot twists, then throw in a bunch of gore and dick jokes. But when he's on "serious" mode, he's one of the best writers in comics. Hope the tv series captures some of that.

>Pilot Episode
>Directed by Seth Rogen and that other guy

phew...

God her rl actress is so pretty
But that comic rendition is straight up a haggard ass bitch

Yeah, but it was shocking for its time, now it's average Seth Rogan style humor but slightly more self-aware and with a decent plot under it

>thinks 'being strong on your own' means actual phsyical strength

i bet when people say they want more 'strong female characters' you think they want rambo with tits, dontcha?

Faggot

I think thats the point.
Saying that, Steve Dillon is a shitty artist and I have no idea how he keeps getting work.

Tulip goes full Rambo near the end though.

I have no idea how my post triggered you so bad, but I apologize.

Why is the whole cast English?
Are Americans to retarded?

the character looks black. Why the fuck would you want them to change her?

Show set in the US
Dominic Cooper
>English
Joe Gilgun
>English
Lucy Griffiths
>English
Tom Brooke
>English
Anatol Yusef
>English
Meanwhile Sup Forums cries about a half black qt.

Gilgun was fucking amazing as always, Ruth Negga was a total qt.

Haven't read the comics but it's very good so far.

But Cassidy is Irish

The casting is pretty weak overall except for Cassidy.

Isn't she dating Dominic Cooper?

Gilgun is english.

>Cassidy
Lancashire, England
Joe Gilgun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gilgun#TV_and_stage_work
What is wiki?

So is this a standalone story or part of the DC universe?

>DC universe
kill yourself

>published by DC comics

I didn't mean part of the film series, just is it its own thing or part of the overall DCU

>It matter
Take your capeshit and fuck off

It was published by Vertigo, which was like the "indie" imprint of DC. A couple series there overlapped with the DCU a bit, but not Preacher, that was entirely self-contained.

Ah cool, thanks.

Irish actress play character with irish name whats the problem?

It's standalone which is probably why it's not shit. When it ends it ends unlike capeshit where the status quo must always be maintained.

is that the girl from downton abbey?

She did just get her brains blown out right before that