What are your thought on Stranger Things?

What are your thought on Stranger Things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwyLMbjFkIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Loved it.

Get.

Counting down the days till season two

Loved the 80s setting. Favorite character is that fat kid with a lisp Dustin. 8/10 Solid series.

So close...

That Winona Ryder is still fuckable. Her and Nancy would make a great threesome.

It was awesome but seeing people compare it to Super 8 is doing my tits in.

Great show. Got some co-workers and friends into it.
Can't wait for season 2

I mean, the parallels are pretty obvious, both of them being love letters to Spielberg and 80s kiddy adventure flicks. I wouldn't say their the same in terms of quality.

Finn Froghard is the greatest actor of his generation.

dude got quads in a thread that started with check em and nobody acknowledged it. now that's strange.

pretty fucking comfy, desu.

i want more

:(

the intro music is a creepy pasta of "wanna fight" from Martinez

OMG THIS

My only complaint is having fattass and niglet in the main cast. Otherwise the best x files spinoff yet.

80s..... Show

just watched the first episode... its great!

It was okay.

FAAAAAAGS
youtube.com/watch?v=gwyLMbjFkIU

it was good but I felt like it jerked off old 80s flicks just a liiiiittle bit too much.

like, do we really need:

-a paint-by-numbers bully character (the only one with actual depth)
-three cohorts for the bully that are even worse than the bully
-a bully character for the younger cast
-a bully character in the form of a divorced asshole dad who's taking advantage of his (in his mind) mentally distressed ex-wife

like, we get it. Spielberg liked to fill his movies with assholes so the main characters look better even though they're kind of assholes too, but it comes off as excessive. we already have a monster from a parallel dimension and a sinister government agency that does cruel and unusual testing on innocent children, do we really need six extra bully characters?

although I'm just glad they didn't pull the old false conflict through retarded misunderstanding trope, so they do have some self-restraint.

did you get bullied as a kid?
you mentioned this like 6 times wtf

who didn't get bullied as a kid? I just bring it up six times because there were six characters of basically the same exact archetype in just the first season of the show, it feels like manufactured conflict and lazy writing. I really dug the show but that aspect stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

i don't disagree that it's an overused cliche and perhaps a little bit of leftist sissy propaganda. but that's to be found in any story. archetypes like the orphan and the wanderer have been around since the dawn of storytelling.

i think it's appropriate here. these kids are outcasts dealing with the normal stuff that they would be dealing with in school in addition to the monster from a parallel dimension and a sinister gov't agency.

that's a big part of it. the normal bad stuff doesn't go away just because you're dealing with crazy bad stuff. kinda like in shaun of the dead, for instance.

maybe bullies could've been mixed up a bit though. asshole teachers/parents/etc could've factored into the equation more as well.

that may be, but I don't see what's supposed to be relatable about [spoiler]a, what, twelve-year-old kid threatening to literally mutilate another child with a switchblade unless the kid's best friend commits suicide.[/spoiler]

yeah, they probably took that one a bit too far.

the threat seems believable, [spoiler] eleven pretty much ruined the guy's life because his life was built around intimidation and he pissed himself in front of the entire school, but them actually going through with it seemed to just be a way of bringing eleven's powers to the forefront and showing that she cared enough to save mike even if it meant putting herself in danger [/spoiler]

maybe a cheap way to get there, but the end result pushed the story forward.

kinda liked that fat kid. he might've been my fav performance of the season.

truu. and I guess it just wouldn't be 80s styled if they didn't have some bully literally come within inches of killing one of their victims.

STRANGER THINGS IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD. LIKE, IT'S NOT GOOD BECAUSE IT'S THE CURRENT TREND LIKE MOST SHOWS TRY TO LATCH ONTO, IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2

Mouthbreather

It was really good, homie.