gridface.com/features/ron_hardy_playlists_2.html
youtu.be/mi4KVbOask8
youtube.com/watch?v=ItpP8DKzcCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ger9nf_SV-A
youtube.com/watch?v=MoztIfPJDB4
youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0&t=85
youtube.com/watch?v=UwPKi1H8t9M
youtube.com/watch?v=reYqgo7K0Jg
youtube.com/watch?v=c_EoIHPFmDM&index=22&list=PLMk9_b_I8kq73b1zjRAgy_laC3-sPZ94e
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfZa8YZZPjH3r3g0uZh7eMobZMofotzY2
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfZa8YZZPjH1fhBKn2-FTpouIyKGJskNB
youtube.com/watch?v=6J0rNhSvhXM
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=draco&defid=10435133
youtube.com/watch?v=Et_De5vO1_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gCoR4cdeNwI
youtube.com/watch?v=vXg_tBWDcwo
youtube.com/watch?v=wD0Mm6WIcYs
youtube.com/watch?v=dciqTr4sNME
youtube.com/watch?v=TYccoa0X80E
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ey3EQVW3Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=ahp1YLrEfBg
youtube.com/watch?v=6JbXGqFHpRg
youtube.com/watch?v=qKODnNbHejY
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_h-HM8UOI
youtube.com/watch?v=Er_sjj4A_ew
youtube.com/watch?v=ItW3HnEtQsw
youtube.com/watch?v=TDUFy_GEJ4w
youtube.com/watch?v=4G4O3G_oNpE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pgh2oHKz5sM
soundcloud.com/complex-uk/complex-sessions-007-merky-ace-aka-splurt-diablo-identity-revealed-mix
youtube.com/watch?v=dce-H7A8tfQ
youtu.be/gnKkJ-88Klc
youtube.com/watch?v=6wR5VG1Txg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lads!

any (any)

man (man)

in (in)

any man out

youtu.be/sw6hZv1JqSI

whew!

time for sleep though, 2bh....
love robert rich

goodnight x

hey don't die on me sweetie

youtube.com/watch?v=ID3HY7qS6UA

>tfw you instinctively call a girl who's flirting with you 'mate'
feel bad desu, never seen a girl change gears faster

post some organ anthems

youtube.com/watch?v=RMy3ze58GvQ

gridface.com/features/ron_hardy_playlists_2.html

good sh*t right here lads
youtu.be/mi4KVbOask8

anyone go to the disclosure set in DC tonight it was pretty lit

where should i start with forming a haus music collection on vinyl?

buy house discs that you like?

any minimal bloop bloop man in ?

youtube.com/watch?v=ItpP8DKzcCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ger9nf_SV-A
youtube.com/watch?v=MoztIfPJDB4

Sex is by far the most evil concept in existence. The fact that life itself exists through sex just proves that life is flawed. The act of sex gives human beings a tremendous amount of pleasure. Pleasure they don’t deserve. No one deserves to experience so much pleasure, especially since some humans get to experience it while some are denied it. When a lad has sex with a beautiful woman, he probably feels like he is in heaven. But the world is not supposed to be heaven. For some humans to actually be able to feel such heights of heavenly pleasure is selfish and hedonistic.

I disagree, "Pure sex is masturbation with a real partner who functions as a prop for our indulging in fantasies, while it is only through love that we can reach the … Other."

have to slap down a hot and spicy "WORD" on this post right here!

can someone post some dirty skengerz

if only there was some type of group to ID this tune

forgot about this one until recently

youtube.com/watch?v=UwPKi1H8t9M

youtube.com/watch?v=reYqgo7K0Jg

lol

Ever heard this?

youtube.com/watch?v=c_EoIHPFmDM&index=22&list=PLMk9_b_I8kq73b1zjRAgy_laC3-sPZ94e

HOUSE.. MUSIC

is there like a resident advisor but for other genres

some people think house clubs are for weirdos
and maybe we are weird
maybe this music is weird
and the clubs are overrated

I have, yeah

December's /bleep/ playlist (though it's missing a couple threads around Christmas time):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfZa8YZZPjH3r3g0uZh7eMobZMofotzY2

This month's:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfZa8YZZPjH1fhBKn2-FTpouIyKGJskNB

youtube.com/watch?v=6J0rNhSvhXM

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=draco&defid=10435133

youtube.com/watch?v=Et_De5vO1_Y

looool

Don't think so
I'm really into punk music but there's no centralised hub to find out about events, everything's done through social media/word of mouth

probably the same for a lot of genres
Resident Advisor is a godsend tbqh

was gonna sell my dj sprinkles ticket cause I had no one to go with and I don't wanna go to Corsica on my own again but my friend came through oiii
Gonna brave Corsica Studios again maybe this time it won't be absolute shit
as I said to myself the last two times I went

Who else doesn't plan to have sex this year

hooge choon
youtube.com/watch?v=gCoR4cdeNwI

youtube.com/watch?v=vXg_tBWDcwo
:)

youtube.com/watch?v=wD0Mm6WIcYs

youtube.com/watch?v=dciqTr4sNME

very belated happy new year to all bleep friends

also boomkat got a january sale on so find urself there innit

youtube.com/watch?v=TYccoa0X80E
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ey3EQVW3Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=ahp1YLrEfBg

U GON GET IT

youtube.com/watch?v=6JbXGqFHpRg

any man in

DJ BORING
*and*
DJ SEINFELD
sickest line up all yeaar

ye, what u up to, what u bumping

youtube.com/watch?v=qKODnNbHejY

mate

im on the last chapter of tmithc, fucking hell

Same as every year senpai.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_h-HM8UOI

why is new grime so trappy

merky ace is a sick mc once you get past his voice but fucking hell his instrumentals are so trappy

splurt diablo/merky ace, filthy gears, faze miyake, rude kid, all those guys make instrumentals that are way too trappy

don't need that bass booming on a grime instrumental

That's the trend of modern 'popular' instrumental Grime, you can comfortably call it Trap and not Grime at all some of the time.

yeah and it's frustrating as hell
some of the mc's on it are genuinely sick like merky ace, cadell, tre mission (pretty much all of tizzy gang tbf), aj tracey, etc but the instrumentals are so boring

even wiley does it now ffs

Biguppp

I've been saying for ages that there's this really fucking retarded situation where there are some talented young MCs who choose to MC over shit instrumentals and there are some really good instrumentals which no one seems to give a fuck about. Don't know why it's like that though.

Really, over the last couple of years, Grime should have been the best it's ever been since it was created, but instead it never recovered from the downward trend in quality that happened to it since 2007.

At least there's still a shitload of old radio sets to keep listening to.
youtube.com/watch?v=Er_sjj4A_ew

youtube.com/watch?v=ItW3HnEtQsw

did any man see mall grab or floating points last night in manchester hidden

was it good

yeah it's bollocks, it's either like the hip hop thing that happened where they see it as a way of widening appeal and making p, or they see some kind of parallel with american trap and it's become a dodgy melting pot

merky ace is a good example, lol you can almost pinpoint the tipping point on blue battlefield where it was just starting to seep in and that was in 2011 ffs

doogz forever

youtube.com/watch?v=TDUFy_GEJ4w

>What trend or scene absolutely needs to die right now?
>Nostalgic, simple-sounding grime. I believe the music has evolved for the better and that taking steps back is killing its progress. It's OK to reference and remember, but I've been seeing too much that are exact replicas. I reckon that sound was good then, because it was unique. Now it's already been done, I just see it as copying and not even doing anywhere near as good. Death to that!

quote from merky ace when he revealed himself to be splurt diablo
nothing wrong with experimenting but what he's doing isn't experimenting

no

Literally haven't heard a bad set with Durrty Doogz on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=4G4O3G_oNpE

In comparison, never heard a good set with him on once he changed his name. He's not even worth thinking about these days.

bet you weren't there

so hidden mall grab forgot to bring out his talent

The thing which started killing Grime was them trying to be like Hip-Hop. That is still happening through this Trap sounding shit.

I will say this though, while I think those modern instrumentals sound like trash, I thought Logan-sama's FL mix was fucking fantastic. Even more impressive because Logan-sama is a pretty shit DJ and selecta.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pgh2oHKz5sM

loooool true he's so fucking sloppy

>implying I would post that
But omg :o hurry up and finish it so you can tell what u think pkd is honestly a better theorist than novelist so it had me thinking bare

is there anything worse than hip-hop that thinks it is dance music

yeah
grime

DJ Rashad - Teklife Volume 1

Of course, by now we all know that footwork was a mistake we as a culture should be embarrassed about. It is a genre that clumsily picks at will from the stupidest corners of house, ghetto house and trap, ending up in an aesthetic no man's land where it is both kind of all of these things and kind of none of them. It includes severely misplaced elements such as rapping and chopped and screwed vocals that it's hard to imagine even seemed like a good idea at the time. On top of that, there's the genre's whole aesthetic and attitude: the constant cursing, pseudo-nihilistic lyrics, "EVERYTHING STARTS FROM NOW, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!!!" vocal theatrics, juvenile and simplistic emotional content, cheesy samples "IM GEEKED UP ON DEM BARZ NIGGA" - it all seems made by and for a 15 year old boy obsessed with the black culture who's curious about dance music but can't handle stuff that's a tad more involved than simplistic triplet sub-bass grooves.

But see, here's the mistake people make: while this is all true - footwork is fundamentally stupid and certainly not great dance music - that doesn't mean it's necessarily BAD.

See, I was pretty much the kid described above when I loved DJ Rashad in middle school (I was into Lil Wayne rather than MCR, but nonetheless), a vaguely alternative and somewhat angsty kid. That's not me anymore. I've listened to Michael Pisaro and avant-garde jazz, read modernist and post-modernist literature, seen arthouse movies, been diagnosed with clinical depression and realized the bottomless void at the heart of the human condition is way scarier than an angry black man yelling "GHOST". And there's one thing I was surprised to have in common with that middle-schooler.

I think DJ Rashad was a pretty damn good artist.

Now, his debut Just a Taste was ridden with terrible mixing and cringeworthy movie samples, but it had a lot more genuine creativity, passion and songwriting than a lot of Serious Music Listeners seem to realize. "I'm Gone", for example, is not only the best song this whole misbegotten genre produced, but a masterclass in combining pop sensibility with merciless sadness. On Teklife Vol. 1, most of his weaknesses have been weeded out. He's gotten more consistent as a producer, there are more good samples as opposed to Donkey Kong drums, there's DJ Spinn rapping. Now, the aesthetic elements I described earlier are still at work - the lyrics are consistently awful - but this is not only tolerable but actually adds to the fun if you can appreciate as part of the package and laugh with or at it while devoting your attention to the actual music going on. It's all very over the top and silly, but hey, people don't listen to footwork because of the lyrics.

Juvenile or not (well, there's not really an "or not") Teklife Vol. 1 was an ANGRY album, and Rashad's gotten good enough at harnessing this anger to make it seem genuinely unhinged rather than contrived. It's pretty relentless, but well produced and spiced up with just enough diversity. You have stuff that's poppy and singalong-ready while retaining minimalistic nature of footwork and staying away from the utter simplicity of RP Boo in the form of "Kush Ain't Loud" and "We Trippy Mane" - Spinn is GOOD at writing hooks! - and Rashad got to show off some genuinely creative chops with the brooding tension on tracks such as "Shoot Me" and "Fly Spray". Then of course there's "Kush Ain't Loud", a downright epic mood piece that works WAY better than a footwork song has any right to. Sure, like most of these long footwork albums it could use a little trimming, but it's very consistent and well-sequenced.

Whyyyy lol

This isn't smart music, but there's a lot of dumb music that's ended up getting a thumbs up from music nerds, and this is no worse than a lot of it. Give it a chance and try to be as open-minded as you would be towards your intellectual and experimental music. In this age of "poptimism", the death of the guilty pleasure and incessant intellectualization of what seems to be silly trifle I really don't think DJ Rashad deserves any less than all the other music people fawn over for compositional or aesthetic value that may or may not actually be there.

And, well, try to tell me "Feelin'" and "CCP" aren't UNDENIABLE JAMS.

Would pork rors lls make her clap

>we as a culture
nothing to do with us you pard

>I've listened to Michael Pisaro and avant-garde jazz, read modernist and post-modernist literature, seen arthouse movies, been diagnosed with clinical depression and realized the bottomless void at the heart of the human condition is way scarier than an angry black man yelling "GHOST".

Lmao

that's shit
all my friends only go to clubs but man wants to meat some goths

feel when you dress a bit like a goth but like bleeps more than goth and metal

interesting goths are hard to find because they're all boring mate

Loooool tru tru

>angry black man yelling "GHOST"
wut?

soundcloud.com/complex-uk/complex-sessions-007-merky-ace-aka-splurt-diablo-identity-revealed-mix

a whole mix of everything wrong with modern instrumental grime

darkcore 1993

thank you user

look mate I just want a death in june gf

corsica studios is a shit club
sell your ticket

your boyfriend told you that?

this is the last show I'm going to give it, if I can't have a good time to DJ Sprinkles I'll never have a good time there
I've made this promise to myself this is absolutely the last time

youtube.com/watch?v=dce-H7A8tfQ

I was gonna see DJ Sprinkles in my city at the end of the month but my mates all want to go to a dubstep night instead. I mean, I love Commodo and Kahn and a b2b will be awesome but when am I going to get a chance to see her again in the near future?

jheeeeee

Yo ye kiss the s/t
I'm gonna pork ur little bp

Just saw theo parish for nye, he was so lackluster

How every the techno stage produced fucking magic all night, highlight being consulate dropping this
youtu.be/gnKkJ-88Klc

any man got any cdj350s for sale. ebay cunts are takin the PISS.

big choons

I'm in the same boat senpai. All either in fucking London collection only or are charging a ton

fucking sucks going to nights alone but tbf i'd go alone
I don't think she plays the uk that irregularly but allow waiting a year
I'm only going to the Corsica night because my last opportunity was a year ago

youtube.com/watch?v=6wR5VG1Txg4

sick tune OP

also shoutouts to that guy yesterday with the kowton bants ur a lad

honestly i want to fucking throttle people who say collection only

all u need to do is get a fucking box and some bubble wrap are you fucking dumb

post some more obscure jungle lad

man wants to sell me a Field Day ticket, lineup is okay but is it easy to get on a ping in there? do they have sniffer dogs?

sniffer dogs are useless, esp. for pills
its all for show

about to upload 2016s omar-s album if anyone's interested

alone is lovely though