Be me

>be me
>be an intern at Vice Brooklyn
>writer finds out about "secret FB group" with producers, musicians, engineers, label managers, music critics, radio personalities, etc.
>somehow he gets to interview one of the members a known but "underground" (and pretty shitty IMO rapper)
>she tells her all about that group controls most of the "alt music".
>Meaning they get collabs going on, hype up artists, make sure "X" song gets to number one, panning albums, etc.
>On one part of the interview she tells him how as a joke they decided to "make a meme artists" and make him huge. This was about 3-4 years ago. They created a whole personality, chose a guy who could not rap at all (the guy is a rapper), make him work with big names, make some of the shittiest songs ever, etc. just to mess with the public.
>They release a couple of singles, P4K put him up, Noisey puts him up, Stereogum, etc. Basically every big music publication.
>He "blows up"
>People still think he is "kind of relevant" and "take him seriously" even tho it was a joke from 4 years ago
>mfw everysingle thing we listen to is fed up to us and we're just puppets.

Anyway, he published the interview and Shane called him within minutes, had him taken down.

I hear a lot if shit of Vice and I know a lot of weird shit you can AMA while I wait for my train back to NY. That's just one of the stories.

who's the guy?

this is some of the stupidest fakest shit ever

>dumb anime poster who links reaction images that were uploaded to his facebook
>thinks his opinion has any weight
go play with your dolls-I mean figurines, kid

I'm being 100% percent honest. Have no reason to lie at all

RiFF RaFF

Was it Riff Raff ?

yea i'm in the fb group. I can confirm this

Just said he was

Have you met Shane Smith, is he cool?

How do we really know you are Riff Raff ? This is an user board, you could be practically anyone but just pretending to be Riff Raff.

Never met him but seen him around the office several times

Dude, literally NO ONE SAID he was Riff Raff

Pitchfork gave Riff Raff's first album a low rating though

Like I believe this story is actually kind of true but I think you personally are bullshitting

I said the rapper they created was RiFF RaFF, not that I am RiFF RaFF dumb user

Yes, but look at the coverage

Whoa chill fine, nobody is Riff Raff calm down.

not when I met him 13ish years ago.
I hated him and all the other hipster trash hanging in socal... now all I feel is bitter that I didn't cash in like they all did

But I am RiFF RaFF.

He lived in Canada 13 years ago tho

Cool, I'm not really a fan of your music desu but I don't feel any animosity towards you personally.

Have a great 2017 man !

Young Lean?

Im Canadian

and now he's like a billionaire with a tv channel yet I still remember everyone raving about a tiny magazine about if prostitutes or gay dudes give better blow jobs and if pink spandex match your treebeards of do's and don'ts.

to think those guys became the trendsetters when they should've died with the printing press

they are tastemakers, you would not believe how much money Coke pays them yearly, it's in the 8 figure range

OP here, train leaving in 15 minutes if you have any more questions

delete this

vice sucks, nobody with taste follows any of those outlets

I'm so sorry

I do believe it that's why I hate them and why I don't want to play.

it stopped being fun when all the fun became a commodity. and it'll happen to you.

>Shane
You mean Shane Theriot? Why are you just mentioning him by his first name?

Smith idiot, founder of Vice

well god damn fuck me for not knowing who founded vice

wel you're an idiot, like not knowing P4K was bought by Conde Nast

great chat guys, groundbreaking investigative work, but I'm gonna go back to trying to suck my own dick

you realize how many versions of stories like these there are

mew did it for needledrop once when we were bored.
fame fades, illuminati is forever

>socal
>canada

uh...

you just think about that little girl, brandon

i'm actually planning on meeting riff raff soon through family friends

I'm Andrew WK. Can confirm.

I'm RiFF RaFF and I can confirm this is all bull shit. This facebook group just doesn't exist. I'm being 100% percent honest. Have no reason to lie at all

This isn't how the world works. There aren't shady cabals of colluding shadow people. Institutions are built on implication.

Yes but OP reads Vice, he actually believes the world is a party he's not invited to because he's a moron and he's a moron because he reads Vice.

Riff Raff is dope though

Rap is shit but raff is cool

~ mad they weren't invited to the after party

This. Maybe there's a wink and a handshake every now and then, but collusion is unnecessary when interests align.

>Gamergate: Rapper Boogaloo
Oh boy here we go

The world is gamer gate.

vice is owned by disney

>Be an intern at Vice

Stopped reading there.

hmm, this looks legit. OP is a faggot, confirmed.