This guy made a masterpiece at the age of 25. What's your excuse Sup Forums?

This guy made a masterpiece at the age of 25. What's your excuse Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4ApWl4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you know I'm not a 63 year old auteur who has been making critically acclaimed independent films since the 80's?

youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4ApWl4g

This happened. People were memed to fuck all.

I've got two more years. I can still make it.

We can all still make it.

Different era entirely. 25 then is more akin to 35 now in terms of whether or not you were an adult, the sorts of responsibilities you had, and so forth.

what was his problem?

I havn't inherited a fortune from my father to travel europe and meet theatre managers to convince to give me a chance

"RKO Radio Pictures president George Schaefer eventually offered Welles what generally is considered the greatest contract offered to a filmmaker, much less to one who was untried. Engaging him to write, produce, direct and perform in two motion pictures, the contract subordinated the studio's financial interests to Welles's creative control, and broke all precedent by granting Welles the right of final cut."

this was at age 22 btw

He was talented and I am not.

This. It was a different world, for better or worse.

I'm only 19.
I'll probably kill myself if I don't find a deal for my screenplay (actually I wrote two scripts since August) before my 20th birthday. I'm not even kidding. If a faggot like Xavier Dolan can do it, I should be able to do it too.

I'm not a genius, just a man.

I'm a KHHV (kissless, hugless, handholdless virgin) aspie who was raised by vidya and anime and who hasn't has a friend since elementary school. I have 0 potential for any type of real achievement.

>What's your excuse Sup Forums?

THE FRENSH

were you literally diagnosed with asperger's or are you just using that as an excuse, or both?

Literally diagnosed, but I keep hearing about aspies who gets gfs and cure diseases or whatever, so maybe it is an excuse. Still those aspies probably had actual love and support growing up to help them through life, not a mother who somehow gets the idea that I'd "grow out of it" and don't need any professional help or guidance at all.

He's the's the GOAT. Compete fellas. Even Paul May son made the king pay.

Sorry to hear that m8. Life is difficult for many people. Honestly, only a rare few ever accomplish amazing things, it's not something you should feel bad about.

I'm too busy masturbating

Soon, Kanye will be bending ear to Trump, no less.

>killing yourself before you hit 20
Wait until you're 30 at least, like the majority of melodramatic people.

No one's going to give you a deal before 20. And how many have you written in total? Only two? You need years of experience as a writer to even tackle a competent screenplay, the first five are just practice anyways for most people. Don't base your experiences on people like Welles and Dolan, they're exemplary cases that mostly relied on the genetic lottery and amazing luck with connections.

Most writers, directors, creative people in general aren't prodigies, they're just the people who kept at it and put the time and work in. It pays off down the line, but that line is more likely than not 10, 15 years away, in your case at least.

not a filmmaker. whats yours?

I'll make mine next year when I turn 25.