You can only post in this thread if you use liquid nitrogen at work

you can only post in this thread if you use liquid nitrogen at work

Checked

Organometallic chemist reporting. OP is a faggot.

I'm in the army fuck tha MPs

interesting...what do you do exactly? i've never heard of that

i'm in the superconducting field

I only used it once at work, can i post?

Same here chemistry bro. What are you working on?

analytical spectroscopy checking in

What type of spectroscopy?

base metals or precious? hows being a ligand synthesis slave? hope you dont do cross coupling or youre not organometalics

op will allow

XRF fag reporting

I do, its so ostensible...

i use it recreationally.

>
vibrational. raman etc

>Base metals
>organometallics

Get that main group shit outta here fag

I don't. I'm commenting

Boring

if you think your job is cool feel free to tell us about it. i'm curious about some of these

no one cares about your autismal research everyone knows organic synthesis is the top tier of chemistry

I've heard of this before, and I also work. Can I post here, faggot?

checked

Environmental lab analyst reporting in.

I work in an industrial freezing storage unit and thank fuck for the leidenfrost effect or a few years back id have lost my fingers when this stuff ran down and pooled in my glove.

We use liquid nitrogen in our university lab's SEM cooling system

i use liquid carbondioxide at work

Medfag here. Use it in the clinic. Warts, etc.

Is it plausable to use this to somehow cleanky dispose of bodies? I mean for funerals not murder

>Organic chemist not realizing that he is the whipping boy of chemistry

Keep making your useless, "novel" functionalised junk. I'l be developing a new catalyst for you to waste the potential of in the mean time

even if I am not ...
wew lad never heard of it?
did you go to uganda university?
metallic complexes synthesis and/or characterization

This.

computational chemist reporting in
labfags btfo
dat feel when work from home

Aerospace here.
For shrink fitting sleeves and bushings.

Synchrotron scientist reporting in

I'm a chem grad student. Wouldn't wanna stick my hand in N2!

I use it to do stupid stuff.

I work at a candy factory. We use liquid nitrogen to freeze fruit snacks so we can grind them into small pieces and dissolve them to prepare samples for HPLC to determine the vitamin content. Notwithstanding the FDA's recommendation against fortifying candy with vitamins. It was the only job I could find out of college with a bachelors degree in chemistry. Everyone I work with is clueless about anything chemistry-related beyond what they learned on the job. We have a rotary evaporator in the lab and nobody even knew what it was or how to use it. I work more and make about as much per hour as I did working for tips in the food industry while I was in college. I want to go back to school and do research in total synthesis or something related.

Freezing semen for insemination.

>N2

> pleb plz, it's N4

TM-arene complexes? NHCs? What metals do you work with most?

total synthesis is a dead / dying field. if you go back better get a phd masters aint worth shit

i wasn't gonna post...but same thing happened to me thursday

material scientist here

pic related

> wasn't good enough to do actual chemistry

How does it feel doing worthless simulations all day for real chemists to ignore?

>pnictogen life

Chef in San Fransisco reporting in. I use about a quart a day to make "melon beads"

Last one

I know; I've heard that from a lot of people. Why does everything I like have to be a fucking dying or dead field? If I had it my way I'd be working as a research chemist at kodak, but film photography is beyond dead, at least in terms of new developments. pun not intended.

I laughed too hard

was a job at customs laboratory. XRF was used to determine cadmium in plastics. plastics use cadmium to keep it supple but if you burn it it goes in the atmosphere and heavy metals are generally bad for your health.

you what nigger

go into CRISPR / CAS and do total synthesis of organisms

I used to work at cryogenics lab.
Liquid helium it is where it is at.
Trying out new electronic materials.
Thou I moved on to a job where the salary is at.

loool nice

ln2 is fun to fuck around with

actually I was much better at synthesis than many of my colleagues that are now on organic/inorganic synthesis. I just loved it when I tried it.
btw I take the decisions on which compounds must be synthesized first (ofc with previous permision of the head dr.)

Piezzoelectric material ? Or supraconductive ?

uh no it isn't...

Google it.
>The nitrogen (N4) molecule and its metastability

but commercial liquid nitrogen is n2 not n4

YBCO high temp
very useful but unfortunately it looks like the field won't grow unless the chemists on Sup Forums can make it cheaper/less brittle

we use it to cool down the engines during fight ops.

-Navy