Metal albums with good drumming

Need some loud shit to help me study. Hardcore punk is also appreciated. Thanks in advance Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KhAV78Q33MA
youtube.com/watch?v=njgOZNaChEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=E8LxolrAHt8
youtu.be/uUsiQqcG5bI?list=PLKwW_loKlWPz-ixP9uofs1KXTIk-PFkfB
youtube.com/watch?v=jwRan4BkIHg
youtube.com/watch?v=nQtPgmjgYek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try falling in reverse, bring me the horizon, five finger death punch, godsmack, seether, and maybe rammstein if you don't mind the German

(You)

Meshuggah
Leprous
Anything featuring Gene Hoglan

Try Hannes Grossmann

fucking neurosis

lol

If only the drum production wasn't garbage. Idk why they switched it up from what they've been doing for years. The production on Everything is Fire is on point.

youtube.com/watch?v=KhAV78Q33MA

youtube.com/watch?v=njgOZNaChEQ

It's hardrock/garage but the drumming is fucking on point

listening to this right now. bretty gud.
was this chris penne's last album? always felt like a letdown coming from calculating infinity

Try this if you like Mastodon dude

not really metal, but good drumming from a more hardcore/grind standpoint.

Baroness - Purple

Can't go wrong with old skeleton meme. Also check out Nails, they're pretty good.

This is sumthing hardcore punk or grindcore. Old finnish drunx made this band in their delerium in 80's great band, great lyrics, greater the use of substances, this is what u want to listen when u drop out of school and start sniffin glue and drinkin booze on park, in home u will use the rest of substances, employment is for slaves

oh the drums in hellhammer and sarcofago, demilich, OLD MANS CHILD, and so on..

But the drums on Death albums pre-Human are basic as fuck.

some great drumming on this album. very technical.

basically, the drummer is an atomic clock.

>requests albums with "good drumming"
>"to help me study"
Just listen to black metal or doom metal like Watain or Ufomammut. A lot of the albums people see as having "good drumming" are densely packed with changing rhythms, which often demand your full attention. Even Neurosis has some pretty repetitive grooves that wouldn't be as distracting as a band like Gorguts.

As far as hardcore punk goes, I think crust and grind would be less distracting than regular hardcore punk or powerviolence. Try Dropdead or Vermin Womb.

The youtube channel OdiousNostrum has a shit ton of newer metal albums and a lot of them I find to be textural and meditative.

High energy tho

but not like in the usual 'muh technical drumfill' sense. The drumming follows the vocal melodies quite nicely

agreed on that
although the musicianship is literally the only thing worth saving in any single post-Human death album

Have a listen to Absu. Really high energy

my nigga

Drummer is also the vocalist.

maybe check out Starkweather. a lot of their stuff has pretty unrestrained drumming. in the pre-internet days people referred to them as "tribal hardcore" because of the focus on rhythm and lack of guitar leads & solos.

youtube.com/watch?v=E8LxolrAHt8

if you just like fucked up time signatures, check out the first Confessor album.

>bulldozer bass
does it $lam

Anything that Dave Lombardo has ever played in.

my niggas

Deftones's discography

also ulcerate - the destroyers of all

i love brann but the drumming on this album is way too busy and fucking annoying

don't they use a drum machine?

yes

shit meme band

Shut up /metal/

t. nu-male cuck

I wish everyone recorded drums like this

>don't they use a drum machine?
that was up for debate a few years ago and nobody could really come to a conclusion. if they do use one, it's really competently programmed.

still can't tell if some of the fills on Funeral Fog were overdubbed or not.

Any of their first three (as Lamb of God) really.

Pic related. Listen to this album.

youtu.be/uUsiQqcG5bI?list=PLKwW_loKlWPz-ixP9uofs1KXTIk-PFkfB

t. ANUS drone

chris adler is the most boring metal drummer ever

>posts the shitty dream theater-esque intro

Pretty much any Crossfaith, Tatsuya Amano is the shit
youtube.com/watch?v=jwRan4BkIHg

muh nigga youtube.com/watch?v=nQtPgmjgYek