Sorry you don't get to bring Sardaukar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNKMXkU09Iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Paul's wife threatens to cuck
>Paul:KEK ME ALL YOU WANT
>I'm literally not making this up.
God the books dive after the first one.

I literally had no clue what the fuck was going on in this movie. There were some cool set pieces and costumes though.

HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD

You're a big worm

He doesn't give a shit because he's cucking her with his mistress. He married her purely for political reasons.

Try the Spicediver edit. Makes the film a lot more watchable.

FOR YOU

Usel has called a big one indeed...

If I take that hovertank off, will you die?

>Paul's wife threatens to cuck
>Paul:KEK ME ALL YOU WANT
>I'm literally not making this up.
she's only his wife so he gets the throne , at no point did he give a fuck about her , so maybe its technically cucking but as he said as long as its in private he could care less .

>God the books dive after the first one.
this a jizillion times my senpai . i dont think ive ever seen such a sharp contrast between two a book and its sequel .
dune is 9.8/10
messiah is at best 5/10 and which would be lower had it not been associated with dune .

What kind of hat is this?

the miniseries costumes were gay

this was quite good too.

Paul and Leto were miscast

I liked the Saraukar costumes but they were canonically wrong.

>leto
wat?

messiah at least had a great ending.
The ending was worthy of the first book.

children of Dune though, that wasn't very good at any point.

Couldn't agree more

Patricians watch the Dune Alternative Edition Redux.

Nigga got a link

Sardaukars are way overhyped when even random space sandniggers BTFO them like it's nothing.

Sardaukars are strong because they're trained on a shithole of a planet where only the toughest survive.

The random space sandniggers live on a planet even worse than the one the Sardaukars are from.

Yes, that's literally a plot point. Still pathetic, when you consider that they're supposed to be the Emperor's finest. It'd be kind of the Taleban BTFOing U.S Marines in straight up battles.

That's only because God created Arrakis to train the faithful.

Yeah what this guy said.

Cast Stephan Dillane as Leto Atreides.

Lynch's version is pretty infamously bad. I watched it once years ago and I was just so disappointed and upset. Lynch was the LAST person who should have directed a Dune movie

>TFW I will never see Kubrick's Dune

Shit analogy
I will excuse you if are you from the usa, mainly because it's not 100% your fault for being stupid

Herbert originally meant to write only the first book so I try to ignore the rest of the series. I read the second and the third probably read the all six. But I already hated the 2nd and the 3rd, because I hated where the story is going for the characters. and after the first It really took a nosedive.
ps. love Irulan.

I don't see how it is a shit analogy. The Afghanis and the Fremen both wage small wars almost constantly but they have very little formal training and their equipment is barebones. The Sardaukar are drilled endlessly and are fitted with Imperial gear, yet they still manage to suck ass against a force that's completely unprepared to deal with the Sardaukars.

People keep forgetting the freeman weren't completely assbackwards goat fuckers.

They had technology and ship and spaceports. They would be considered more high tech than Afghanistan relative to today. They would be more like mongolia.

This. Kubrick should have done it. Someone should do it now. Amazing amazing series. The LOTR of Sci Fi. D&D should either do Dune after GoT, or Horus Heresy! OMG

And fuck you haters, Dune book 2 + 3 were also good! suck my dick

>freeman

Anybody else think Krull was way better?

youtube.com/watch?v=KNKMXkU09Iw

He was keking her already with shani and he didn't give a shit as long as she didn't get pregnant also the first 3 books are good aside from them I'll agree.

I was disappointed when the Sardaukar were never shown actually being good at battle. They're hyped up in the book, but the only time we see them in action is when they get BTFO by the fremen. A bit like Imperial Stormtroopers in that respect, if less comically inept.

Dune 2&3 were good, but only that. They weren't classics like the original. Which isn't damning, except the quality continues to drop precipitously as it goes on.

The space sandniggers had hard lifes which made them better warriors than the saudakar but when they conquered the galaxy they started to lose that harshness.

wew

Dune 4 is really good as a finale to the series and as a book in general in my opinion. Very different than Dune, but in some respects better.

So worth to read on?

Paul's dad

Was getting cucked by a zombie part of your son's plan?

U r a big pleb
books only suck after the 3rd one
and in 5th they get back on track

Did he and the princess have a baby or did Paul fuck a worm? I only got through a 3rd of the 2nd book.

I recently started reading The Complete Chronicles of Conan.

When I saw this thread it occurred to me that the Fremen are essentially a civilization of Conan The Barbarians who live on top of the single most important resource in the universe.

Paul and Chani had twins, who were both preborn like Alia was.

The male twin, Leto II, took a massive spice overdose (like seriously the most spice anyone had ever consumed ever in the history of time) and merged his body with the larval form of the sandworms.

He basically becomes a god and rules for like 3,500 years so he can set humanity on a path that will ensure that we never go extinct.

D&D should love it, especially the 4th and later books which are literally SJW's checking everyone's privilege all day every day and stronk womyn pussywhipping weak men into slavish submission.

>The male twin, Leto II, took a massive spice overdose (like seriously the most spice anyone had ever consumed ever in the history of time) and merged his body with the larval form of the sandworms.
>that bit where he lets a load of sand starfish suck his dick and then turns into iron man

>everyone ITT saying Messiah and Children are OK and ignoring God Emperor
The fuck?
Everyone knows official Dune rankings are
Dune > God Emperor > Messiah > Children > Whatever

I liked Heretics.

>10000AD
>Not liking Bashar Teg

Teg is literally

>teleports behind you

the character

>Cyclops bambi's mother scene

No, FUCK That movie for making a fat 7 year old kid cry himself to sleep

I binged the books in high school and only ever reread Dune and God Emperor so I'm only vaguely familiar with Heretics, I honestly couldn't remember the name when I made that post
All I remember is that fucking everything was made of 'plasteel'

Only for cucks like Leto. Real men prefer 1&5&6.

>fucking everything was made of 'plasteel'
still better than chairdogs, my trip-senpai

>great ending
>LMAO WARG INTO BABY BRO
ending was shite . the whole 'lmao im CASSANDRA now' was way overdone .80% of the book is him feeling sorry for himself for being locked into self fulfilling prophecy and somehow its totally not his fault and he could do nothing about his fremen legions fucking going ISIS on everyone .

Daily reminder:
Alia a best

Alia a shit, Murbella is GOAT.

Literally a sex goddess with a pussy game so ridiculous you become physically addicted to her.

>Murbella
still got dommed and blacked by Leto's bull

Lol why is the twin peaks guy in the desert???

Half the cast of Twin Peaks is in Lynch's Dune

>You will never be a mentat.

I liked this movie, but I have bad taste apparently.

COOPER

IS THAT YOU?

IT'S ME GORDON

GORDON COLE

Messiah > Dune > God Emperor >> Children

didn't read the rest.