I'm 20 and I want to start an instrument after I have work which takes still about 5-7 years

I'm 20 and I want to start an instrument after I have work which takes still about 5-7 years.

What instrument do you suggest? Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzx9NTHUkeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guitar, especially if you can sing

Portable keyboard and headphones

This is perfect for you, learn your major scale in all keys and you're done. I swear to God.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzx9NTHUkeE

quad guitar

This sounds good. Can I play synthetizer after I have mastered this?

Guitar is boring IMHO

So if I go to piano lessons and after that I start portable keyboard can I play it?

I'm not sure about self learning

>synthetizer after I have mastered this?
And the drums too by the look of it. How many records have you already released?

OVER 9000! le old meme :^)

I'd suggest the bassoon.

Seconding this

Have you considered the triangle?

Is bassoon a good wind instrument to begin with? Not a tenor sax?

I'd suggest piano.
>Best for learning music theory like scales and chords and such.
>Teaches you to be ambidextrous
>Essential if you want to get into music production
>Keyboards are relatively portable and usually don't cost that much (less than $300 usually)

Sure. If you have $10,000 that you want to waste, buy a bassoon.

seconding.

the straightforward layout of the piano makes it less of a struggle to learn music theory stuff. and that makes it easier to branch out into other instruments if you ever feel the need.

get a teacher if you can afford it.

Genuinely? Get a degree in global marketing first.

And in Finland there's a lot of teachers.. Maybe this will do! I love synthetizers.

This is a good suggestion, but remember piano =/= keyboard.

The dynamics and feel of an actual piano make it a totally different instrument to learn on (compared to the regular keyboard / synth). So determine what you want to learn exactly, piano or keyboard.

Both use the same chords scales etc obviously but it's truly decisive what you can practice on. Been practicing piano and jazz method for a few years and couldn't imagine playing on a plastic keyboard.

It is easier to play keyboard if you know piano. In fact, keyboard is a plebian's piano.

Get a piano.

following from this since pianos are expensive I'd suggest buying an electric piano (88 keys) with weighted keys to give you a feel for the real thing

Well first of all I'm going to go on lessons :D I prefer synth over piano, maybe I can ask for some advice at the first lesson

An upright piano cost less that a digital piano.
I would still suggest a digital. Easier to store, no need to get in tune every few months, can be connected to the computed to record sound and be used as a midi keyboard, etc.

You can synth with a digital piano.

>You can synth with a digital piano.
Cool, thanks for information

Am I ever going to be a decent player if I start when I'm about 25-30 yrs old? I've played guitar a bit and I was a quick learner

Sure.
You can become good at any age. If you want to become a TOP classical pianist, you already ran out of time, but there is a huge gap between being decent and being a top classical pianist.

I looked at Thomann and there's separated synths and digital piano?
Cool

Nah, 30 year olds have done it from a standing start