Can Americans solve something as basic as this?

Can Americans solve something as basic as this?

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6 /2*(1+2)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

0 you dumb cunt

It's 2nd grade shit here. Probably muricans need a phd for that.

this
Americunt reporting

Easy shit.

nine faggot

Easy, mayonnaise.

NEIN

these threads are so dumb, how do you argue with faggots for those that are too lazy to consider those responses bait

How about this? Only for Americans

Honestly you are so fucking stupid. What is it with everyone thinking Americans are just stupid? There are a little over 300 million people living here and you think they are all stupid? Please kys

the answer is 1

us the PEMDAS system
parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction.

If we go in that order, we get 1=2, which equals 3. We then multiply 2 and 3 to get 6, which divided by 6 gives us 1.

Its 1 were not all retarded.

1+2*, not 1=2

>europeans dont understand math

ok

SHART IN MART AMIRITE GUYS

STUPID AMERICANS

It's 6...

after bedmas it's 6/2+3

3z - 2y

pemdas faggots

bedmas? You mean pemdas?

Use PEMDAS.

6 goes into 6 once.

Goddamn it
I realize it's 9

Here in canada we did bedmas. Brackets, exponents, division, multiplication, addition, subtraction. I don't see how everyone is getting 1.

solve 1+2 first to get 3, then divide 6 my 2 to get 3, I believe you're then supposed to multiply. Giving you 0.

Thanks showing how you have how to read an equation

kek

>0 you dumb cunt
Typical Americunt

-2y+3z I think.

PEMDAS

I know, which is how you do it?

Everyone is getting 1 because of the PEMDAS system, which is parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction. I have never heard if the bedmas system before.

6/2 = 3
3(1+2) = 3x1 + 3x2 = 3 + 3x2 = 6x2
=12

So basically OP is a faggot because this proves different countries or school may use different methods therefor nobody is really wrong they are just using different methods.

0?

You do 1+2 then 2x3 (which you got 3 from 1+2) and then 6 divided by 6 (You got 6 from 2x3)

Parenthesis are brackets, you guy
No, bedmas and pedmas are the same.

hehehhe, lelelele, 3z-2y=0 has, ofc, a solution, but americans don't know that. They this it's impossible!

Never heard of bemdas but Gemdas (G)rouping Symbols such as parenthases and brackets.

Likely

So lets go over why this is wrong and why this clickbait meme shit is so successful at garnering replies/social media hype.

The answer is indeed 9,
why? Isn't there the PEMDAS system as a basis?

Yes, but MD and AS are of equal weight, so in mathematics we say that whichever comes first from left to right, then gets precedence over the other.
so
6 / 2(1+2) $ we do parenthesis first
6 / 2(3) $ Now starting from left to right
6/2 => 3
3(3) => 9

if you really need more evidence
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6 /2*(1+2)

Infinity - 4

Idiot. There is only one maths

Second part, why does this and shit similar to it get so much hype?

Because the problem is so simple, most people will rush and forget the little left to right rule, and then we see a ton of people screaming 1 and another group screaming 9, thus creating stupid little fucking arguments. Stop contributing to clickbait bullshit

We can all agree that maths are universal - norther american contenent&hawaii. They are special.

Use pemdas:
6÷2(1+2)
6÷2(3)
6÷6

Umm its called SIMPLIFICATION I know it doesn't have a complete answer but I know I can simplify it.

It PEMDAS, not pedmas you fucking faggot. Get your GED out of your ass and find another way ti stimulate yourself.

OH shit, I thought it was 6 because I forgot the brackets are still in existance, and when a number is next to brackets it's automatically multiplied. Good job everyone.

-- × (1+2)=

-- × 3= 9 retards

You fucking mongoloids.

Both Bednar and pemdas apply in every equation.
PEMDAS = parentheses, exponents, multiplication and division, finally addition and subtraction. Notice how I wrote it out and note the word "and" vs "then". So the problem would be done as

6÷2(2+1)= ?
6÷2 (3) =?
3 (3) =9
The answer is 9.

(This is me)
Retards confirmed.

Kill yourself you american shit. I bet you voted hilary.

> thinks computers understand ambiguity
Did you even go to school. Didn't they tell in elementary school that most calculators can't give correct answers because ambiguity? I bet you're American

It's simple triangle plus ovole equals square, trapezoid divided by rectangle equals circle, square times circle equals OP is a fagget

division and multiplication are interchangeable in the order of operations, so when they follow eachother you should go work left to right.
6/2(1+2)
6/2*3
3*3

europig no die.

Joke's on you, I'm a REAL American and didn't vote at all.

Its fucking 1.

Nice bait!

Not quite sure if I must do :

[6/(2(1+3))] or [6/2 * (1+3)]

Use it in a word problem faggot, because right now I just see some retard scribbling numbers and symbols trying to make some problem.

PEMDAS, You're remembering it wrong. It's 9.

Holy shit this place is retarded if you are actually saying 1. You all are massively confused by the division sign and/or spacing.

6 ÷ 2(1+2) = 6÷2(1+2) = 6/2(1+2) = (6/2)(3) = (3)(3) = 9

You start with parenthesis and then go from left to right once the parenthesis is executed. You all could try learning infix, prefix, and postfix and maybe order of operations will be less challenging.

Pathetic

yes

I'd say 1, because x(y+z) should be interpreted as (x*(y+z)).

7? Hello?

This is not bait. If you punch this into a calculator, you get 5.

My biggest issue with this point, is that in this situation 6 is equivalent to 2(3). So 6/6 should be equivalent to 6/2(3). But one of these if obviously 1, and according to you, the other is 9.

Maths*

summer is almost over yet the cocksuckingest of the summerfags are still showing up

9. 3(3) = 9

y? im just retarded and american, want to know

Ok, but once the parenthesis is executed, it's not like they disappear. It wouldn't make sense for the number to just be floating there with no course of action enacted. The parenthesis still surround the 3, which turns it into 2 x 3, which equals 6. You then do the division, which equals 1.

9, you narcissistic niggerfaggot.

if you get anything other than 9, you are some dense motherfucker

Proof of concept

All these wrong answers. For it to be one you would do: 6/(2(1+2))

mathematics is not open for interpretation you liberal shit. unless theoretical

Mathematics is the full word. Math is correct since it is a shorthanded version of the word mathematics.

MATHematics makes sense since it is a reduction down to the first four letters of the word.

MATH(s)ematics makes none since there is an additional or repartitioned "s" being spliced onto the shorthand of "mathematics".

>says multiplication then division
>proceeded to divide before he multiplies
top kek

This may be straight up retardation, but don't you distribute the 2(1+2) in order to getr 2 + 4, thus having 6/2 + 4. And thus getting 7? Im probably retarded though.

OP is a faggot
/thread

>, but don't you distribute the 2(1+2) in order to getr 2 + 4, thus having 6/2 + 4
Incorrect
>Im probably retarded though.
Correct

Though, even then the times operator should he given... 6/(2*(1+2))

They don't disapeer. They surround the 3, and after executing the division, the 3 is multiplied by the 3 in the brackets.

2(3) is equivalent to 6
but the operation that is done is 2 * 3
therefore the problem becomes
6 / 2 * 3
then again, left to right
6/2 => 3
and you're left with 3 * 3.

Just because something is next to parenthesis does not mean that you do what is outside them first, only the inside.

>Trusting a calculator
smh

What the hell is the logic here?...

Yes, once the operations within the parenthesis are executed, it simply becomes a number. Then you follow order of operations from left to right because division and multiplication have the same precedence.

You can explore this by using a stack method to execute reverse polish notation expressions, postfix, if you don't believe me.

Show your order with symbols because your explanation makes no sense

also this

wtf
how does your brain work like that