NOISE ROCK THREAD

Discuss noise rock, post favorites, etc. I've been enjoying this album a lot lately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypyC97mn_RU
youtube.com/watch?v=FIYQoyQUnRU
youtube.com/watch?v=tmsgnjMTjZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=h2MI88lUiQM&t=417sLLMn0JHanUB4AxCWt3RLGalw&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=otXeT2od-VY
youtube.com/watch?v=L-oS--60eLA
youtube.com/watch?v=h2MI88lUiQM
youtube.com/watch?v=kbPnUWkHgpA
youtube.com/watch?v=LgNIbOcpyWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

circle x are a really great noise rock/no wave band from louisville/nyc and i never see them posted even though they're just so great. what gives, Sup Forums?

Would this be a good setup for a noise-rock?

what does it sound like? and it depends what you're going for i guess?

I haven't bought the equipment yet, but you could probably look up each pedal to get an idea
and i'm going for something that sounds like this: youtube.com/watch?v=ypyC97mn_RU

any random bunch of pedals can be good for noise rock if you fuck around with them for long enough

I want to get into noise rock, what should I listen to next? I like Sonic Youth, Lightning Bolt, Hella, and Drive Like Jehu

what do you guys think of Guitar Wolf?

Boris

get a rat and a digitech whammy

boredoms

ruins

those last three bands are all pretty dense sounding, maybe try out some brutal prog

Try out Unwound, Cows, Unsane, Big Black, The Jesus Lizard, Shellac, and Butthole Surfers.

Thanks anons

>Guy mentions SY LB Hella DLJ
>3 individual replies recommending him autistic japshit, none of which are remotely similar to the bands he mentioned compared to 99% of artists within noise rock
Lol Sup Forums

This is an actually good reply

hella and lightning bolt are closer to ruins than anything in nerdy's post, which is basically all the core pigfuck bands plus unwound anyway. and if you don't think there's crossover between noise rock and japshit then you're legitimately retarded my friend.

latest album is great, even more so when considering how long the haitus has been

also, fucking love how lo-fi all their stuff is - feels like producer decided to just throw that shit in a blender

thoughts on the new Doomsday Student?

youtube.com/watch?v=FIYQoyQUnRU

don't know if this counts really but i fucking dig it

nice sporkcork poseur

youtube.com/watch?v=tmsgnjMTjZ4
post real noise rock immediately

epic meme

you really only need a guitar, distortion pedal, octaver, and maybe a treble/mid boost depending on what you're going for

oh and amp of course, orange is a good choice though.

youtube.com/watch?v=h2MI88lUiQM&t=417sLLMn0JHanUB4AxCWt3RLGalw&index=29
I said post noise rock immediately, what part of that do you guys not understand?

essential listening

come on, I can't be the only who wants to keep the thread alive
youtube.com/watch?v=otXeT2od-VY

youtube.com/watch?v=L-oS--60eLA

Melt Banana, Daughters, The Goslings

post your noise husbandos

bump

You just did

what does pigfuck actually mean? i've seen this term before

>Boris
>Boredoms
>autistic japshit

Turn your trip back on, faggot

Gonna check this out, I vaguely remember this being posted around a bit a few months ago.

No one cares about your shit taste.

>I swear I'm not a newfag guise :^)

Extremely raw garage punk like Pussy Galore

pic related

A delay or some reverb is missing.

>a delay or reverb is missing
"no"

desu

a cute. A CUTE!

Ya know anything similar to lightning bolt ?? ( excluding Brian's side projects )

not him but I got you
youtube.com/watch?v=h2MI88lUiQM

I said excluding Brian's side stuff, BUT...now I know I've been neglecting Black Pus. I'm enjoying this

my bad, but Black Pus is great.

It's all good. Now I'm digging through some Black Pus stuff.

try this out
youtube.com/watch?v=kbPnUWkHgpA

have been enjoying this album from 2015, was not expecting to be listening to it so much

totally recommend it, structured and unstructured at the right places.

youtube.com/watch?v=LgNIbOcpyWw

bump

Does anyone have something that sounds similar to this? Maybe not lo-fi, but that sweet guitar melodies mixed with fuzzed out guitars. I've been recommended noise pop albums before, but none of them are really what I'm looking for.