Thoughts on this Sup Forums?

Thoughts on this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
youtu.be/knetp81n9wc?t=27m52s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hey this kinda sounds like mario kart

I really like it. It does honestly sound a bit like Mario Kart sometimes.

love it

Pretty fucking dope. One of the few albums my dad turned me onto that I genuinely loved. Chick Corea has been in some sick shit

Like it a lot, really like the classical guitar on some tracks

Why do we take this fuck seriously again?

Robert Christgau was less enthusiastic about the record, deeming it "jazz-rock's answer to Emerson, Lake & Palmer--the worst of both worlds". He called Corea's compositions faux classical and "pompous", while deriding his group's playing as "dazzlingly vacuous".[2]

Why do you take Robert "I killed Emerson and Lake" Christagu seriously?

I have never seen someone use more words to say absolutely nothing.

Same can be said about Robert.

That's what I meant... talking about Christgau. Not your post.

>synth solo in sorceress

I prefer My Spanish Heart, Light As A Feather and Return To Forever

But, like Mad Hatter, it's Chick Corea, it's all pretty great

nice

RTF was my jazz gateway, kind of. Their first two I like best, anymore. For their heavier stuff I like Where Have I Known You Before more. But Romantic Warrior is great.

>he cares about critics

It's super cool, one of my favorite albums with Chick Corea.
Hymn of The Seventh Galaxy is even better though.

I really liked this and the rest of their stuff but didn't get into fusion any further.
How do I go from there?

Listen to Mahavishnu Orchestra, Birds of Fire is their best. Pic very related.

I'd suggest listening to Allan Holdsworth and Al Di Meola. Allan's worked with quite a lot of musicians. And I'd suggest listening to him after you've already heard some of the ''more accessible jazz fusion albums''. He's really something else. Here's a list of collaborations he's done:
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/

Check out Weather Report, Jaco Pastorius, Herbie Hancock, Jean-Luc Ponty, Burford, Soft Machine, Santana, George Duke.

Sounds cheesy. It's the sort of music Zappa was making fun of on Joe's Garage. I feel like I'm expected to ingest heaping spoonfuls of these synth and guitar effects "just because" and see through to the deeper complexity of it. But there doesn't seem to be any complex notions to it that I can't get on any other garden variety jazz or fusion album.

Heres the famed comment itself

Corny as fuck

Pretty dope
Not as good as Where Have I Known You Before or My Spanish Heart.
One of the most memorable covers of my childhood.
As far as Chick Corea goes I've been doing pic related a lot more lately.
John Patitucci is GOAT style.
youtu.be/knetp81n9wc?t=27m52s