Is driving hard Sup Forums?

is driving hard Sup Forums?

I realise the automatic car has made driving so much more easier but I'm more concerned with speeding up, turning y'know basic shit.

I just had a conversation with my brother and he said:
>it's not driving that's hard, it's paying attention to your environment that's stressful

Did you have this conversation before or after he drove his cock up your ass?

before

As difficult as riding a bike.
In that it is really difficult, but you learn to not be a faggot and do it properly.

Hardest thing about driving is making sure you avoid the fuckwits on the road (i.e most other drivers).

I was driving on my own when I was 16 so not that hard.

I found riding a bike really easy so i dunno your point user
on the road, everyone's an asshole I guess
Me too but I kinda put it off and here I am now when I shoulda done it sooner

Its easy you just need confidence

It's not hard, much easier than riding a bike. Don't let people psych you out that it's hard, it's fucking easy except for the element of other people, but that's a variable in everything. There are actual retards on drugs who do it every day without consequence. Don't stress.

What I'm afraid of is TOO much confidence and not following the rules. What I'm also afraid of is lack of confidence, panicking and acting irrationally ie: slamming the brakes

Driving is easy as fuck, it always blows my mind when i hear people over 20 cant drive, even if you dont own a car get that shit anyways.

My only experience with actually driving was when I was 16. My dad is a horrible teacher and the space I drove in was very claustrophobic hence I had bad experiences and lotsa anxiety.

I ride my bike a lot and apply to road rules too when riding my bike. I realise on the road EVERYONE hates me but I try my best to not suddenly turn/ appear etc. I guess tomorrow I'm gonna realise how it's like to see bloody cyclists when I'm driving

>afraid of confidence
Yeah I don't think your overconfidence is the problem. Focus on taking deep breaths whenever you feel panicked, generally.

Do it enough and it will literally come as natural as walking once you know your city and the routes to take.

If you treat everyone on the road like they are blind and retarded you will be okay.

In this day and age I feel like it's moreofa "right of passage". I'm 20 and have a learners but don't count that as driving since I haven't done any practical (until tomorrow).

Really I just got my learners so I could buy alcohol

Bikers aint bad as long as they arnt taking up the whole road while going 10 in a 50 zone

you're going to be driving an automatic. its going to be easy as shit. just remember , if things ever seem to be going out of your control, brake and stop , then start over again. and take it slow at the start, an accident right in the beginning can really fuck your confidence up.

Yeah I highly doubt I will be overconfident tomorrow but keeping calm is of the utmost importance
thanks for the kind words of encouragement man

After a few years you won't have to think about it, sort of like walking. You still pay attention to red lights when you walk, but it's subconscious, you aren't actively worried/stressed when you approach an intersection

I think youre putting too much thought and stress into this, its just a thing, just do it, get it and stress over more important shit

As much as I wish that was true, my conscious tells me to treat others with respect. Even I let cars cut me off

t. filthy cyclist

Driving itself is easy af. The hard part is knowing the rules, being cautious while driving and knowing how your car handles. for example your grip in rain or snow. how your acceleration is, how strong your breaks are etc.

No. Driving is easy and fun, but not in traffic. And it gets deadly boring after a while once the novelty wears off.

>Hardest thing about driving is making sure you avoid the fuckwits on the road (i.e most other drivers).
Why is it that everyone says this? You also need to avoid being one of the fuckwits yourself. Thinking that you're somehow fundamentally incapable of retarded behavior yourself is one of the most dangerous assumptions you can make, especially as a new driver.

haha thanks :D
Sometimes I feel that way when I bike

Yeah that's what I've been told. I'm hoping MAYBE my time with cycling on the main road will help me out? Probably not

Yeah everyone's told me that. Also buying petrol sucks

That's my ideaology. I really hate it when people are driving and feel superior over everyone else. Once I get this driving thing sorted, I'm gonna try my best to not be a douchebag in my mind

Well, where i live, cyclists also have to follow the standard road rules. Idk if this applies to other countries aswell. It may help to understand the rules faster. you learn them anyways in driving school...

cyclists here have rules too but so far walking around to college + other places, the cyclist meme is true. They cut, give no warning, don't hand signal, take up a large portion of the road, swerve, use the pedestrian footpath etc. As a filthy cyclist myself, I try my best to avoid doing all of that. Basically when I'm biking, I also act like I'm driving (with what I've read in the road code book)

The only thing I gotta say is watch for the retards that start crossing the fucking road when you are driving.

Out of all the years I drive I can't stand when the fuckers SEE you coming and they continue with the mindset that "Oh he's gonna slow down or stop because he won't risk hitting me."

I resist the urge to hit them but one day I swear.

The roads are designed to be simple and not dangerous, stay the speed limit and stay 2 seconds behind the car in front of you and it's pretty hard to get in a accident

>"Oh he's gonna slow down or stop because he won't risk hitting me."

It's that sense of entitlement. I feel like this is more the case in developed cunts because people feel they know all the legal process and assume you won't want to deal with all of it

seems very logical

>I resist the urge to hit them

I feel you. But i sadly love my car too much to do that.

I love my car too man but when they start jay walking and put their hand out towards your car like they are using some kinda magic to make you stop they seriously deserve to be hit.

Honesty if they want to cross they should be like most people and wait until it's all clear and not disrupt traffic for fuck sake.