What is Sup Forums's opinion on American Sniper?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on American Sniper?

2/3rds of a good movie with a horrible ending (both the final fight in iraq which is basically him just mowing down dozens of arabs, and when he gets back).

Bradley Cooper is hot! HOT!

Didn't see it, I'm sure it's exciting but it's based on Chris Kyle's autobiography which has been exposed as a pack of lies.

it's well made and solid all around except for the plastic baby. anyone remtely interested in the topic should watch it

/thread

it's a film that cant decide if it wants to be propaganda or a biography, and falls short on both accounts.

A great film that no leftist will ever understand. One of the best of the decade. One of the best of Eastwood's career. Shame the reddit generation is too cucked to be able to appreciate it.

It's a really great movie. I have no idea how accurate it is but it's greatly entertaining anyway. Firstly the war scenes are fucking cool. Especially the last sniper scene where he makes that crazy shot. Also you see how much of an alpha badass this guy is, so that's also cool. But also you see how much of a sacrifice these guys make to make all these tours of duty... but also how dependent they become on it, just like Jeremy Renner in the Hurt Locker

Fucking great movie at the end of the day, definitely one of my favourites of the last couple of years

I agree with this to be honest. I saw Gran Torino and thought that was shit at the time (maybe I was too young) but I loved this movie. And yeah my friends who saw it were like "waaaah american propaganda waaaah glorifying something" and I was like "that is literally fucking REALITY and you are cooped upon in your comfy shitty city apartment, TWEETING all day, INSTAGRAMMING, FACEBOOKING, like a fucking TEENAGE GIRL"

So yeah.

It's utter shit. Lone Survivor and 13 Hours are much better.

Fake baby
Made up plot
Even the few parts that are supposedly true to life are probably made up because the sniper was a gigantic liar
Everyone except for him is incompetent
PTSD lasts for all of 20 seconds
Makes 0 attempt to comment on the war or anything other than how this guy is a hero
The only good scene is the one in the trailer where he shoots two kids

a decent work of fiction, just like the book it's based on

>Made up plot

I will never understand why Eastwood added in the scene with the drill. I already hate al-Qaeda; he didn't have to lie to establish them as the villains.

I guess no modern war story will ever be as good as pic related.

trashy propaganda
a waste of my $12

Truth, if you want shooting watch black hawk down, if you want realistic military watch Generation Kill

>Fake baby
As soon as anybody brings this point up you know you're talking to a cucked millennial beta. Sperging out with excitement over the chance to wheel out his reddit vetted meme catchphrases.

Funny seeing kids exposed to true kino and all they can do is parrot the superficial meme complaint. I have a gun and I wish I could use it to put a bullet in the head of every single person who doesn't appreciate American Sniper.

Lone survivor was crap, but 13 hours was based.

>> True Kino
>> couldn't spring for a real baby so bought the cheapest one they could find at a mexican flea market
Pick one

Word on 13 Hours, but I really liked Lone Survivor. What didn't you like about it?

fictional
hilarious ending

read Kyles book - good dude, but to say he liked to tell tall tales is a bit of an understatement

>Makes 0 attempt to comment on the war or anything other than how this guy is a hero

Which movie did you watch? In the one I watched, he had to make horrifically difficult decisions of whether to shoot women and children, and we also saw the effect of his repeated tours of duty on his family.

Maybe you're just blind or deaf or stupid or something?

Tempo Tempo Tempo!

If I liked the Hurt Locker, will I like this?
an occasional MURRICA movie doesn't hurt anybody

Not a fan of Marky Mark. Came across as a comic book version of SEAL's. The tacked on battle at the end. Also how many cliffs are they gonna tumble down?

Probably not.

Watch Generation Kill instead

The tumbling was the best part god damnit.

every time I see that poster for American Sniper, I see Ricky from Trailer Park Boys

I can't be the only one.

Downloading 13 Hours right now (17.9 GB). Going to watch it after GS-OKC

Make room for the real american sniper

Capitalist propaganda based on a psychopath who lied about the amount of war medals he had

Yeah, almost everything with the SEALs feels a bit like a comic book. I blame the patriotism propaganda. I thought this one was pretty good compared to American Sniper, though. And the cliffs were great, but maybe did go on too long.

>Not a fan of Marky Mark

Xin chào, Việtcộng

desu I didn't think the 'propaganda' was that...I don't know....good I guess?

I've seen films with way more evident propaganda

Despite your trips basically its because in the scene its a literal new born and that because of child labor laws and regulations it was more practical to get a dummy.