If you could, from this day onward, choose to live forever, as an immortal being that never aged and could NEVER die

If you could, from this day onward, choose to live forever, as an immortal being that never aged and could NEVER die.

Perks are as follows>

>doesn't require any sustenance
>doesn't feel any pain
>strong mind. immune to dementia
>needs no atmosphere/air to breathe/exist in

But you literally can never die. You could jump into a burning star, and instead of being destroyed by thermonuclear inferno and crushed by immense gravity... you'll just be chill, and stuff... like nothing you do will end you.

Would you agree to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oDgPpYTwpus
google.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah

sure.

But you are just this forever forever guy... humans will go extinct, inevitably, you might just end up alone on a dead planet. Unless you secure yourself as a founder of a robot empire before everyone perished.

sign me up

ayyyyy lmaooooo

>implying there is no other sentient beings in our vast universe

There are no loli or trap threads once the sun goes end game on our solar system.. think about that... given that Sup Forums population is what it is.

I'd do it, I'd claim I'm the new coming of Jesus or some shit like that, could be fun

>Implying you have any special powers... which you don't

Just regular you, just eternal. So you are stuck here with the rest of the primates. Unless they figure out a way to journey through interstellar space. Could be interesting, you can't become demented from boredom and shit.

bumping with self anal guy

Would you age as normal people do? Can you choose which age to look like?

What about when the universe ends?

Eternal life ain't such a bad gig. Smoke all you want and watch the planets end. If and only if they find a way to cure the longing and constant panic

youtu.be/oDgPpYTwpus
youtu.be/oDgPpYTwpus
youtu.be/oDgPpYTwpus

>Implying that in your unending lifespan you wouldn't just crack interstellar travel on your own after a few centuries of research

>You do not age.
>You get to choose your starting "parameters". Limited to homo sapiens appearance ofc.

Might take billions of trillions of years until the the laws of thermodynamics cause heat death. There is a catch though; you transcend space and time, you will not lose energy as every particle in the universe will though quantum funneling or radiation.

No one seems to be really thinking this through.

You can do anything to a point, you require nothing to keep you going.

If you want to change the world you can, you want to kill hillary do it and jump into the ocean for a bit because you require nothing to keep you going.

Take a plane into the middle east and kill every muslim you see.

Hire yourself to NASA and perform in space and set shit up on the damn moon so we can go further into space.

Become rich by becoming a magic act or escape act and do shit that only you can do then relax and fuck bitches.

You could make so much wealth that you would not need money anymore, so much time to better yourself, gain so much power that you avoid jail.

Only thing i see that is bad is jail time or anything which pins you to the ground and you are unable to escape.

Like I said, no superpowers. While there are fun empire building thugs you could be doing here on Earth while it lasts, no one is really thinking about the full extent/potential of what it is to be eternal.

A billion years will be a grain if sand to you.

>You will be there when the universe ends.
>You will be there if it is reborn
>You will remain there if it is not
>You will be ForeverAloneMan.jpeg
>You will be Universe

>doesn't feel any pain
Does emotional pain count or just physical? If it does, does that include all negative emotions like boredom/loneliness? If the answer is yes to these, then yes. If no, then fuck no because the inevitable result of that is infinite loneliness and boredom as the universe becomes nothing but eternal darkness. That might as well just be hell

Oh, and btw I need some sauce on this, can't float eternally though time and space without seeing all/

No super powers are even involved.

OP said this list

>doesn't feel any pain

Thats why you try and do shit to make sure it does not end, you have a purpose to keep it going if you want or you can just try and and end it quicker.

Play the cards right and you can do well.

Mind is always strong and clear. Impossible to corrupt. So no madness.

That doesn't really answer my question, I didn't ask about going crazy, I asked about whether I experience negative (painful) emotions

Fuck that shit. They have literally forever to get over their dumb emotional bullshit. Don't be such a hand holding bitch about it

No emotional pain, no physical. But over a stretches of longer than 14.7 billion years, no one can really guarantee. Hadn't been tested for longer (the emotional aspect).

>implying you'd be such an emotional bitch after an eternity
>being such an emotional bitch now
>giving up immortality for stupid shit

>dumb emotional bullshit
I wouldn't consider being doomed to float aimlessly in eternal darkness "dumb emotional bullshit". All matter is going to decay eventually so you won't even get to keep material objects for all that long. No entertainment, no light, no sound, you would literally do nothing but exist for eternity. Most people would find this troublesome

To become immortal is to become god. You will see the evolution and extinction of the human race. Explore the universe as no man will ever do. Your mind will be forever wandering as float in the infinite abyss.

You will see the end of the universe. You will become omnipotent, the most powerful being ever to grace the universe. To deny this existence would be insanity. You will hold knowledge and wisdom that no man could even dream of.

I'm saying an eternity from now nothing you're worrying about now will matter to who you are. You'd adapt. You'd grow. You'd probably become pretty sociopathic. You'd suffer through parts of it but you have an eternity to get over it

>You will become omnipotent
>No superpowers
You retarded? Immortality has nothing to do with omnipotence, and you definitely need the latter to become God. You would be able to do only what humanity can accomplish, and nothing more.

I'm in

>implying the "heat death" scenario takes hold
>implying that something like the "big crunch" wouldn't occur
>you might find yourself in an entirely new/young universe
and after a few hundred million years of darkness ~ give or take a few hundred million years, you'll see the first lights of the new generation of stars and planets, evolution and whatever. Assuming you can somehow move through space since you're just a blue faggot floating through space.

>can only do what humans can
>humans get roughly 50 good years
>I get an eternity
>implying you can even compare that

happen to me if dubs

the only thing u could do to pass time is jack off and think

You're still limited by your intelligence, and that can't increase without bounds (that would a supernatural power). There's only so much knowledge and so many skills one person can acquire, and that's already far less than we have as a collective species. Time is not the limiting factor, your mind is.

Yes

People don't really understand that eternity can never "stop". Or that a billion year old immortal would be long past being lonely if the universe went dead

I'm in. Ever heard of panspermia? Maybe we are evolutionary descendants of an eternal imageboard user from a long, dead, forgotten universe...? Explains why we're here!!!

>few hundred million years of darkness
Check your timescales, brah. In any case, that's still an unfathomable amount of time to spend floating in nothingness.

Who else is here that would float into a black hole, just for.. You know stuff?

Yeah for sure.

Because with an eternity of time for scientific progress there will never be a way to augment intelligence, even though those things are being worked on now.

But seriously man, you just sound unambiguous. You're trying to telling me that all of the time ever would still not be enough for you to do and learn everything you want?

What about doomsday? Universe will collapse and explode, and I'll be the only lucky motherfucker to see it and survive or I'll collapse with it?

The thing is op, what you're describing is God. And honestly, my impression is that no one wants to live forever because forever never comes.

Unambitious*

People can think of unfathomably large numbers; googolplex X googolplex to the power of 10 to the power of 100.000.000.000.000... (assume those units are Earth years, just for the sake of measure and argument) ALL THAT is NOTHING when compared to infinity. Less than a particle of piss into Jupiter's atmosphere is.... IT'S A LOT.

I think you're underestimating how unrelenting boredom on potentially billion year time spans as you drift through nothingness will make you wish for death

Do I want to live forever? According to the laws of physics, nothing retains shape forever. Change is ever present, there for death is as well.

No God is omnipotent, non material, piece of fiction. Not what I had in mind. I presented a MATERIAL form of existence. The only thing in common with a "God" being eternity.

You think you'll maintain your voracious appetite to do stuff for an eternity? You'll never get tired of anything? I don't know, this conversation is descending into philosophical bullshit. If we don't allow negative emotions, then boredom is included, meaning you can be entertained by anything forever. Even after matter decays you'll still be entertained your thoughts forever. But then the whole discussion loses any sort of thoughtful consideration.
>What if you could experience nothing but pleasure for an eternity?
Well, yeah, whose gonna say no to that?

>Implying you're smart

Alright, this is OP. Gotta go to bed.

I dunno. There is too much shit that can go wrong. Remember that cave explorer that got stuck upside down in a small space?

At least he die. Now imagine your immortal ass being stuck there. Sure you'd eventually be free but just imagine being stuck like that for millennia.

And something like that will eventually happen.

>Agree to this
>Spend multiple lifetimes in solitude
>Studying the sciences
>Become, objectively, the most intelligent person on Earth.
>Use massive knowledge to assist NASA in creating space shuttles stable for long distance travel.
>Can live for infinity
>No_Rush.Jpg
>Finally, after hundreds of years of searching, find alien life.
>But wait
>How do you speak to them?
>Figure it out, you have eternity.
>Eventually spend a lifetime or 2 with alien races
>Feces_So_Money.gif
>Tell them of Earth
>Tell them earthlings are friendly
>Ask for ship upgrades
>Get back to Earth
>Tell everyone there are some visitors coming.

Are you jacking off to your own lame story?

There's an episode of The Twilight Zone where a man sells his soul to the devil for immortality. His wife nags him for it until he murders her and earns a life sentence or two.

Got a link?

Ya'll niggas gonna be bored when that last star dies.

In a goddamned heartbeat op. I want to do so much but even at 30 I feel like I am running out of time.

yeah dude here ya go:
google.com/

you're still gonna have to actually type in the words, but most of the hard work is done

He gets immortality and instead of just divorcing her ass he kills her.

Sounds like a terrible episode tbh.

You would basically be God and eventually rule what's left of mankind after its inevitable attempt at self destruction.

As soon as word got out you were immortal you'd be a marked man, though.

>doesn't feel any pain

Get into low orbit, with a solar ion drive and cast yourself out into the void of space - just drift

No. Well... Could I ascend to a higher level of God-dom? Like later on once I've mastered the world of light or something?

I am for sure. I don't know about him.

I'm in

This is my dream...