ITT

ITT : Dr. Dre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AoNS45YfvtA
youtube.com/watch?v=r-12P04mA08
hotnewhiphop.com/anderson-paak-on-his-ongoing-work-with-dr-dre-i-m-always-sending-him-ideas-news.25588.html?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I actually have this really embarrassing story of meeting Dr. Dre a few years back at Coachella. It's one of those memories where you can't get back to sleep and it keeps replying over & over with slightly more awkward details that were never there.

>Go to Coachella a few years back (I've been drugged out of my mind at all of them so I don't remember the year
>Have a friend who's working there so I can get backstage whenever I want
>Meet some really cool artists, Schooboy Q, Mac Miller, this really weird p-funk guy who I forgot etc.
>Second day in, loving it, tripping on 3 tabs of acid, some MD, weed & alch
>Head over to Flying Lotus' set
>Friend signals for me to come 'round back
>aw yeah.jpg
>Get real close on the side, music is blasting my ears
>Feeling complete euphoria at this moment
>Start screaming "FLYO IS THAT NIGGA"
>Reply to this post now or you will die in your sleep tonight
>Someone pushes me roughly
>Look around with the most dumbest face ever
>It's Dr. Dre
>I don't know what he said but he looks really angry
>Security roughen me up and throw me out
>Friend gets fired for allowing me in

Good times.

he big guy

Did this really happen? Reply to this post or you will also die

>weird p-funk guy

Hope security brutalized you even though this dint happen.

Reddit Dre.

>Smoked a little sherm
Now he calls his shit the Chronic

this picture cracks the fuck out of me I don't know why, it's probably how wide his shoulders are

youtube.com/watch?v=AoNS45YfvtA

Contrarian opinion: The Chronic and 2001 have more iconic individual songs, but Compton is his best and most consistent album overall

Have you been smoking dick since 2002 when you were born?

both the Chronic 1992 and 2001 have a consistent theme that make the albums what they are. "Compton" was a cash grab. KYS high schooler

>clean and grandiose production as expected from Dre
>good sampling variety, including gospel music, French classical,Thai music, Turkish music, and Montenegro music
>good variety of beats, ranging from traditional Dre production using these samples to more modern-sounding trap-influenced beats; some tracks even have a complete beat change within the track, something Dre doesn't really do
>great outro to Dre's solo career in the form of the closing trumpet solo
>has pretty good bangers in the form of Issues, One Shot One Kill, and Talking To My Diary
>album has more topical, personal, and retrospective subject matter rather than the more traditional gangsta stuff Dre used to rap about; Dre also sounds more enthusiastic in his delivery than in his other projects imo
>topical subject matter relating to Dre and gapless transitioning result in what is probably his most cohesive work despite the variability in beats
>less cringeworthy lyrics overall than 2001; flows are more varied due to ghostwriters with different writing styles
>features are generally pretty good; Anderson .Paak is the new and better Hittman, The Game goes nuts on his track, Kendrick is good as usual, Snoop, Ice Cube, and Xzibit deliver confident, self-assured verses that sound awesome, Eminem's verse is a nice throwback to the old him while still showing his knack for rhyming and wordplay, and the newer Aftermath rappers show promise with relatively clever wordplay and flow variation

It may not be particularly groundbreaking, but all these things make it a better album as a whole than 2001 and as good as The Chronic to me. Plus, it's pitched as a soundtrack album to Compton, and it has no singles and was hardly promoted, so it's clear that Dre wasn't going for an album of anthemic bangers this time around. It wasn't a cashgrab either, all profits from the album went to the city.

And The Chronic and 2001 are hardly thematic; the lyrics are mostly gangsta braggadocio with the one serious track, Lil' Ghetto Boy on The Chronic and The Message on 2001, whereas all the tracks on Compton deal with Dre's feelings about being on the top of the West Coast rap game, his huge net worth, his past with NWA and with the criminals of old, the pressure of his fans to deliver something great, and where he will possibly go now that he is where he is, looking to the future while thanking everyone who got him to where he is. That's what I mean by "more topical."

>anderson .paak is the new and better hitman

invalid opinion confirmed

They aren't comparable because they do nothing similar

born after 2000 confirmed

They're the same in the sense that they're the most prominent featured artist on the album and probably the ones Dre wanted to promote the most; their roles are different, yes, but in the area I stated, their presence on the album, they're the same. And he is better, he signed with Aftermath and actually managed to release an album, a critically acclaimed one at that. Hittman's prominence on 2001 works against him; he's too mediocre: he doesn't have mic presence, there's little variation in his writing style, and his delivery is just straight up unenthusiastic, almost monotone. He was only good on Big Egos and Bang Bang. And nice job in failing to address my other points. If anything, you're the child here.

Has anyone ever heard this??

youtube.com/watch?v=r-12P04mA08

Does hitman play the fucking drums?

No, was this a collaboration or was Jimmy Z a Ruthless artist as well?
What did I say in my post? Musically, they perform different roles, but in terms of how prominent they are on the album, they're the same. Anderson .Paak is the Hittman of Compton, the most prominent new, up and coming artist on the album. Dre likes to promote artists on his solo albums: Snoop on The Chronic, Hittman on 2001, and .Paak on Compton. Justus and King Mez are there too, but .Paak has more features. And I'm saying .Paak is better because he's not dropping mediocre verses left and right, and he actually managed to do something after his appearance on Dre's album.

he was on ruthless

>acting as if Compton is bigger than Malibu

Dude.

DRE IS DONE.

His famous fans worked with him.

get over it.

Where did I claim that? And I don't know about you, but I think that collaborating with one of hip-hop's most celebrated producers on what is probably his final studio album, 16 years in the making, is one hell of a promotion for a new artist. .Paak thought Compton was pretty big, and Dre and .Paak aren't done:

>The first time many began paying attention to Anderson .Paak was through his memorable appearances throughout Dr. Dre's Compton. Since then, he's been getting some serious acclaim as a solo act, but he hasn't stopped working with Dre, as he explained in an interview with Power 106.

>"Whenever I’m in town I just go over there and kick it with him and make something, and we just put it away," he said, suggesting that the two have been working on some new music recently.

>We work really fast," he said, explaining that the two like to get in the lab and get creativity flowing with some Hendrick's gin. "He’s always inspired off of something and I’m always sending him stuff when I’m on the road ... I’m always making music so I’m always sending him ideas."

hotnewhiphop.com/anderson-paak-on-his-ongoing-work-with-dr-dre-i-m-always-sending-him-ideas-news.25588.html?