Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=69cIEiutWTY
youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw
youtube.com/watch?v=duPkzPwUlX4
simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sabotage

6/10, but better than the last two.

I know the Enterprise gets wrecked in the first five minutes and they do story stuff for the next two hours but I kind of only watch Trek to see them talking about stuff on the bridge.

Nothing at all
Haven't seen any Star Trek movie

Shit. As usual for JJTrek.

What about conference rooms?

I expect Kirk to learn how to be Captain, Spock to learn how to feel emotion, and the Enterprise to fight a bigger ship than it.

You know what I mean. Trek ain't Trek if there ain't no ship. Then it's just a bunch of dickheads in space.

>rotating fan blades
>on a space engine

>Trek ain't Trek if there ain't no ship. Then it's just a bunch of dickheads in space.

Pic related is one of the best of the old guard trek films. Te enterprise isn't in it and the stolen klingon ship is parked for 80% of the movie.

Fuck. It ate my pic.

>select all storefronts

Do you think the nu guard are defined enough and that the first post-JJ Trek is going be a character piece?

We're sorting out storefronts in China for Google, aren't we?

it is authentic TOS to have the enterprise sit out for the episode. Most of the original TV episodes were like this.

>away team is on an adventure mingling with human-like aliens, or just humans living on other planets
>after commercial we get a brief glimpse of the enterprise in orbit to remind viewers they are watching star trek
>remainder of episode is on planet.
>endcap with a captains log and stock footage of enterprise leaving

The enterprise and the entire crew being relevant to every episode was a TNG thing. TOS was just a small group of characters stuck on a planet trying to avert a crisis. Beyond could very well be the most authentic star trek movie in decades.

>Kirk doing space wheelies with a space motorbike
You know in your heart this isn't going to be authentic Star Trek.

>and the Enterprise to fight a bigger ship than it.
that would be the fourth consecutive time

I remember watching Lost in Space on Nick at Nite as a kid and am I right in thinking that the old man was SUPPOSED to be a pedophile???

>DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER! [I can't explicitly tell you that the old man is going to molest you I just hope you are precocious enough to extrapolate the reason for this warning]
>Bill Mumy as a child: Jee, robot, can't you just leave me alone..
>the Doctor: Hmmyes, I'd 'ave to a-GREEE with you there, young man. Come along, this heap of bolts must be malfunctioning

That's where Voyager got the inspiration for making Neelix a pedophile too.

>i live my life one parsec at a time

But seriously, I expect Guardians of the Galaxy. Back when Guardians made bank, word got out that the studio was looking to make the next Star Trek just like that. So I expect Kirk to be Starlord. Spock to be Groot and just say "Illogical" the whole time. Bones will be Rocket and Uurah will be Gammorah. Which is ironic since they're the same actress anyways.

That's not irony, that's just good synergy!

Better than most Star Trek movies like the last two.

nice b8

Who can forget such classics as Star Trek Nemesis, The Motionless Picture and Search for Spock lol

I know this reference

youtube.com/watch?v=69cIEiutWTY

I think the actual reference comes from Shatner losing his shit over a video game recording where he is saying sabotage and gets into an argument over it but I can't find the audio for some reason.

After two films, how do you think the cast feels about JJ bailing on them as soon as he got the chance to direct the other space franchise?

How do you feel?

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. Would've like to hear a more cerebral director was taking over but maybe it'll still be good.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw

It's fine, JJ just had to ruin another classic franchise

Better than last one. Solid action/adventure movie. A good 6/10.

Well then you're wrong because it's a big swarm of little ships that beats the Enterprise in 5 seconds this time.

waifu

The first trailer made me want to skip it. The 2nd one has me cautiously optimistic but they keep following the TOS movie blueprints. ID was "KHAN!". This one, Enterprise gets blowed up and they steal an old ship to fight back. Guarantee you at the end of this one they'll be issued a brand new shiny Enterprise to go off and do the 5 year mission. I'd like for just ONE of these movies to have an original idea.

That looks cool.

Search for Spock is literally good, maybe you just don't like star trek

I say it every thread but

>Dr. Lensflare is not directing
>the Transformers 2 guys are not writing the script
>Damon Lindelof isn't even allowed on the studio lot

I am optimistic. Everything that ruined the last 2 movies is gone, they've got a real fan (and a decent writer) writing the script in Pegg, Lin's a competent director.

Hell, they even destroy the Enterprise that caused so much fanboy asspain. And that second trailer makes it look like there might even be a story instead of motorcycles and splosions

Basically what would happen if the crew from Fast & the Furious was taught how to pilot a starship.

>some small ship that's crewed by
>/ragtag bunch of misfits/
That could actually be great, but as a spin-off to some established trek universe. Not here, though.

Directors don't stay with franchises forever, at least not anymore. I don't think they much care what he does.

It could work of they were members of the maquis or something.

>Muh
>Idealism

star trek with even more reddit pandering than 2009 or into darkness

>Everything that ruined the last 2 movies is gone
But there is nothing seriously wrong with JJ's direction or the previous films.

youtube.com/watch?v=duPkzPwUlX4

fuck, i know he's jewish, but he looks like a full-on kike

>people still care about Star Trek movies
Why?

If Star Trek is to be saved, all hope lies with the new series, to be honest.

Hey user, what episode is this from?

I probably won't even see it at all. I have come to accept that the Abramsverse just isn't for me. People can like it all they want, but it isn't Star Trek.

Lonely Among Us

Pic unrelated.

Thank you, my good friend.

Star Trek: Tachyon Drift
>with motorbikes!

It all comes down to the Google skills.

I expect I CAN'T STAND IT

why make oc for a dumb star trek thread

Uh, yeah, but I used Google on that image since I didn't have any of the TNG files on had.

Image search brought back "conversation".

>It's a movie with worse makeup than a rap video

Because the "new" movie is just going to be a rehash, so it's up to us to make our own OC.

Those Crushers looked very season one, so I just looked up which s1 episodes Wesley appeared in and Google Image Searched for "Beverly Wesley [name of episode]". When I tried Lonely Among Us, I found Beverly in that snuggie.

why is the deflector disk blue?

Yeah, I should'a thought of that. Thanks again.

I expect it to be the sleeper hit of the summer.

It's gonna come out, it's going to get mid-upper 80s on MC and RT, the general populous is going to love it, but there won't be a conference room or anyone mentioning anything about inverting polarity or tacheon bursts, so Sup Forums will hate it.

>Search for Spock
>Good

ok senpai

It will be a fun action movie in space. But it won't be like the slow paced episodes of TOS where they discover new planets or realities, and then something weird happens...
I don't think we'll ever see a Star Trek film like that.

mmm dat ass curve, dat comfy suit which seals in the flavors...

mfw how did Picard not pull his dick out right there in front of that face

Absolute
Dog shit

>JJ faggotry continued
>Justin Lin, 2 Normie 2 Plebfaggotry
No thanks

>What are you expecting?

NEEDS MORE LENS FLARE

Looks like it will put Action over Adventure.
It will likely be passable, but not satisfying.

JJ Spock feels too much emotion already

Speaking of trek and pedophiles

Fast and Furious in space

>muh mindless action movies

Yeah that episode really did have a creepy ass vibe to it.

Yamaha trail bikes in space, they can go to hell.

Don't overestimate Hollywood

You're right though. It's good. And that's about it. It's just good.

I'm honestly expecting to be really well received. People seem to be pretty burned out on cape shit this year and Warcraft is a turd so I think people will be interested in a summer blockbuster that is a little different. That said I think Independence Day is going to make the most money of the summer.

As another user said the shit writers of the first two New films are gone and that was the real weak point of both of them. Lin is a competent director, Pegg can write a decent screenplay and the cast is still solid. At worst it will be a bit better than into darkness and that should be enough for it to make the 500mil needed for us to get another one.

I'd rather have them invest a significant chunk of that dish into funding the first three seasons of the new show - ratings, normie-pandering and ads be damned, just make ~75 episodes of good 'Trek.

>Damon Lindelof isn't even allowed on the studio lot

Best day of my life. Lindeloff and Cuse are cancer.

>thinks the new show won't be all about ratings, normie-pandering and ads

I admire your innocence.

After Into Darkness I'll skip this in theatres and just pick it up on cheap Tuesday at my local video store

>video store

What's that?

It's a facade. I know as well as anyone what an abomination it's going to be.

>How do you feel?
Relieved.
He's a hack.

>literally andorian with no antennas and a tattoo

They're in year 3 of the 5 year mission when shit goes down, user. Same year we stopped following the prime TOS crew.

The Enterprise will be taken out in the first 20 minutes and the rest of the movie will take place on that crappy planet.

This.

I'm looking forward to fun

>Hell, they even destroy the Enterprise that caused so much fanboy asspain.

They actually destroy Archer's ship?

my hopes were shattered when i saw the motorbike jump and the lady with the stick spinning around.

JJ Spock does nothing but feel, express and wrestle with emotion on screen. He probably uses more emotion than anyone else in the movies, minute for minute of screen time that is.

Normally this wouldn't even be worth mentioning but considering he's not supposed to show any fucking emotion it's just retarded and they shoudnt really mention the emotion purging or even consider it canon anymore.

Is this the same Pegg that considers sci-fi "problematic" and nerd culture damaging?

He made a followup post about it

simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/

She is so ugly literally made me never want to be a pdeo

I hope they destroy the Enterprise in this movie so we can get an Enterprise that looks more like the classic design

I feel like this movie has a far bigger chance at being good than the previous, jewish jew abrahams is a fucking faggot.

At least this chinese fucker makes entertaining movies.

Is that a Tranny?

i agree, abrams enterprise looks too streamlined