Bit of a dilemma, Sup Forums. I'm studying about Japan's political economy AND Chinese politics this semester...

Bit of a dilemma, Sup Forums. I'm studying about Japan's political economy AND Chinese politics this semester, and both classes seem to have full workloads. I'm debating if I should stop bothering with studying for the JLPT N3 and learn some basic Mandarin instead, as just studying for the JLPT is a pretty hefty workload in and of itself. I've got plenty of books, but they require A LOT of time to master, time which I may not have this semester due to the classes and work.

So I'm asking you, Sup Forums: which do I do? Keep going with the JLPT/Japanese study, or stop it and start with Mandarin? Naturally this also includes the bigger picture of eventually living and working in either China or Japan after I (hopefully) graduate in December.

Which would YOU do?

China is where the new economy is. Unless you are a massive weab fag learn Mandarin.

Yeah...I kinda am the biggest weeb you'd ever know. But, I'm starting to look toward China, as the country itself has more opportunity and better prospects for living in (despite lower standard of living). More pay for foreigners, it seems. It's just that I've been studying Japanese for so long....

Tl;dr the Chinese are jerks in the business world

Interesting take.

Chinese studies major here and tutor.
Do 'not' take Chinese as some kind of 'might as well' thing, it is fucking insanely hard to learn and requires a stupid amount of work and practice. It seriously nearly fucked everything else I did at uni. Definitely do it if you are really keen but the way you asked makes it sound like you are not sure and I don't want to see you waste your time if you are not really dedicated.

If you learn Mandarin you're stuck dealing with the Chinese for the rest of your life.

The Chinese are the niggers of Asia, they're literally the shittiest people you can imagine.

The Japanese are civilized as fuck, despite being xenophobic.

Rearn Japanese.

I see.

What are some of the nuances it has in comparison to, say, Japanese that make it less appealing? I know about the traditional vs simplified thing, and the tones, but it seems like something more worthwhile, at least in comparison to Japanese, in the long-run.

You have your whole life to be a weeb. Do the chinese shit and make yourself rich and then be a weeb

It's a real dilemma for me right now. If I stopped studying Japanese, I could put so many books back at my parents' house and have extra space. It's just that this semester seems like it's going to be rough, and I don't want to risk failing ANY of these last courses.

Yeah, the Chinese are basically Asian Jews. That's why Chinese people die in escalators all the time, they love to cut corners to save themselves a buck.

I have never done Japanese so I can't really say well. I do have a friend who speaks both though, they are both tough languages for English speakers, I think what makes Chinese especially annoying is that if you don't understand the culture and history well you will always end up being treated like a petulant child. You really have to show that they can't just exploit you and that you actually understand what they doing and why they are saying what they are. I actually had great experiences in China and really like dealing with the Chinese, however, you do have to know what you are doing. If you have some experience with writing in Japanese that will certainly help you a lot, if you are keen I also strongly recommend taking some cultural or historical units on China as well to give things proper context. Tian bu pa, di bu pa, zhi pa weiguoren shou putonghua (Don't fear the heavens and don't fear the earth, the only thing to fear is foreigners who speak Chinese).

I see.

You also have to think about living conditions if you're living in either one of those countries. You could possibly get rich in China but live in a cesspool or live in an expensive Japanese apartment but in healthier conditions and more polite people.

Korean people are dank. Super Western, super respectful toward Americans. Proposing option 3.

Lived in Korea for years, but for a number of reasons, didn't get fluent in the language. Wish I had though.

Yeah, plus the language (at least the written part) is a bit easier to learn. Watch out if you want to marry a Korean chick though.

>dafuq

I want to tongue the chinese girl's asshole so bad.

Tons of Korean chicks are fucking hot, dude.

Suck some dick

On a diet.

Koreans have notoriously big chins dude, and 20% of them get surgery

Always has a noob that can't handle pressure.
Life advice: If you're making money shut up, if not resign and find a new job.

koreans are disgusting

The woman I love is korean. She is not disgusting at all.

I hadn't even considered re-learning Korean. Seems like a handsome third option, but....

>forehead surgery
>nose surgery
>mouth surgery
>cheek surgery
>jaw surgery
>chin surgery
>eye surgery
>brow surgery

must be some ugly fuck Korean

when ur kids come out looking like freakish inbreed babys............blame the women you love

>japan civilized
>illegal to literally be fat past Asian standards.
>they measure waist size, not actual body weight to determine if your fat or not
>large hips? FAT. ILLEGAL
>also they banned guns. any country that bans guns isn't civilized, their government controls them.

I think I've made up my mind. While it's true that Japan's is a more...polite society with a higher standard of living, given my station in life, Mandarin would be a good idea since I REALLY need to start earning money; I'm essentially playing 'catch-up' in the adult world. And, because of my history with it, I should re-learn Korean as well, not to mention it comes easier to me since I've lived in the country before and even today use it with Korean people I see on a regular basis.

Yeah...I think this is for the best. This way, I'm learning something new (Mandarin) while not ignoring something I already kinda know (Korean). I'll just have to put Japanese on hold.

Sheeba! Get that money sonny

Who's 'Sheeba?'

They won't.

:( I meant shiba

Oh.

that's awesome, wish we had that in America