Hello, i would like to know your opinions...

Hello, i would like to know your opinions, we all heard about tracking in Windows 10 and updates for 8 and 7 which had the same tracking scripts, is there any legit to successfully stop it ! ( I heard even if you change router blocking ports change settings microshit will anyway send data), if no I've got some questions

1. Does Windows XP, without any service pack or 7, doing the same ?

2. If Linux then which is most simmilar GUI to the
Windows ?

Linux: KDE or Cinnamon

Research it yourself faggot

Mac osx

Windows 7 is top tier, and their is no spying, cause they werent brazen when they made it

Linux Mint is the most user-friendly Linux Distro out there. Use the Cinnamon version.

Kys you useless piece of shit. I bet you dont even have an idea on the topic, but you see a thread line this and your brain goes like "hrrrrrng windows tracking? Uuuuhng i dont understand word shit fuck i better act smart and tell them to do research hnghnghng they neva gonna know how stupid i am kriiiiii". I could explain to you that asking a question like that on a random board is absolutely appropriate, but you wouldnt understand.
So pls just kys.

Don't feed the trolls.

If you like getting pwned by hackers

If you're a total Linux newb, use Ubuntu or one of its flavors.

Mint is a fork of Ubuntu, fucking idiot.

A fork, not a flavor retard

Other than the iso hijacking, which doesn't affect anyone with enough sense to compare the checksum of files they download and plan to execute, what possible way is mint less secure than ubuntu?
It gets most of its updates from ubuntu repos anyways, including kernel updates, so it's not like mint is lagging far behind
And if you haven't used cinnamon 3 on mint 18 you really don't know what you're missing. Xapps are great forks too.

The new verification for the iso downloads is
too fucking complicated for my ass. Just running what was torrented. Need a degree in fuckery duckery to verify an iso anymore.
Project got THAT wrong.

Implying they can't just throw an update at it to add it in. Updates off forever.

Cinnamon is amazing. Good recommendation

I'm actually considering switching off of KDE Plasma for it. They really did a great job making it.

Wow I didn't realize you were too retarded to put 3 lines of instructions into a console
Consider suicide

Block outbound connection from firewall, disable ms rules. Disable unused ms service. Rename app in program/sysapp. Uninstall onedrive. Uninstall search. Uninstall edge. Unjnstall metro app.

Format disk, install linux distro of choice from bootable usb

Get Debian or Arch linux. Other linux distros are wannabe for faggs.

>says the retard that can't handle gentoo or funtoo and settles for arch

I will agree debian can be nice sometimes

If you want full game and app compatibility and you don't want to break warranty (that's my case), it's better stick on windows.

WANNABE DISTROS

Sounds like you have a lot to hide.
Or you are very old and have a memory
of a time when privacy was a luxury you
thought you enjoyed. Truth is nobody has had privacy since the switch from rotary dial to push button phones. It's retarded that such a lot of shit hit the fan over the domestic spying "revelations" when I remember in 1985 seeing a report on CBC's The Fifth Estate that dealt with the fact that Canada and the U.S. BOTH had supercomputers monitoring EVERY electronic telecommunication on the planet. At the time Canada had two such centers and the reporter did a stand up outside one of them. But it was 1985 and the public didn't understand computers. My friends and I knew
the computers would flag your call if you used certain word or words in combination and that an actual person would be tasked with reviewing the call and hearing us sniggering and saying "Hezbolah" my hemorrhoids hurt. Did you see that movie on channel 5 last night, it was a real "bomb", I think I "gihad" better read the tv guide next time I pick a movie

Spybot Anti-beacon.

Also, google: delete windows 7 telemetry batch file

you can also edit your host file to block MS telelmetry, as well as block it at your router.

shit nigger, do you even computer?

>KDE or Cinnamon

Wew lad! Why are you advocating using shitty, bloated full DEs when you know good and well that superior WMs like Fluxbox and cwm exist?

>people think distros don't track you

Microsoft need people to pirate the software, they could have made the security better but they rely on students to pirate their software then promote it when they work for corporations.
Unless you are using it in a company with more than 5 employees you have zero chance of them taking your to court for piracy.

Whatever you say J Edgar Hoover

it's not better unless you are as thick as pig shit and couldn't restore your computer to how it was when you purchased it.

If it's as simple as copy and paste into a terminal great. Then the official web page should have an explanation simple enough for newbs to understand. I myself am not wet behind the ears and could not understand what I was being told to do. I assure you there are an awful LOT of Windows fags fleeing windows who are less savvy than me and, those are the people Mint and desktops like Cinnamon are trying to draw in.

What exactly was wrong with the old way of verifying an iso matched? Does the new method fix something or just make it harder to do so we weed out half the users before they even feel confident live booting the distro to see what its like?

The new way makes it harder to give you a fake checksum that matches a bad iso instead of the real thing

Ok, fair enough. But if you skip the process because its complicated doesn't that defeat any advantage conferred by an improved verification?

Yes, a lighter wm is often preferred, but that's not to say that a greater encompassing wm like cinnamon isn't without merit.
Hybrid wm's that enable workspaces, tiling, and the "traditional" desktop experience all at once are good for those who have not worked out a proper flow for a pure tiling wm

This.

Gates true genius was pissing off hackers, who then pirated his supereasy to crack os, and then ported every goddam thing they used to it, and then got the companies they work for to use it, cuz they knew it.

That's the thing: it's not complicated
It's really so simple a child could do it.
Hell, anyone with the ability to use a keyboard and follow basic instructions could do it

Yup. It's just a modified form of microsofts three golden E's.
Embrace, Extend, Extinguish
Except they let the users of their OS do the hard work

Dont listen to the autist that recommend arch linux. This is coming from someone who uses arch linux exclusively. I highly recommend Xubuntu or Ubuntu Mate if you want something lightweight, fast, yet familiar.

Gates was also a pirate through. Hence why somebody without an education could create an os

You have to google which linux has tracking. Im pretty sure the popular ones like ubuntu have it

nice e peen

There was a big shitstorm over ubuntu tracking thanks to canonical lately, but that may have been limited to the Unity desktop, not sure
To get all of the advantages of ubuntu and none of the mal intent go with mint