Why are they so perfect?

Why are they so perfect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No black in the cast+ pure blonde shieldmaiden.

>Gimli only on one poster
>Legolas and Liv Tyler have two

That's some serious bullshit

yeah. I watch them at least once a year. It's glorious.

>years of careful preparation
>GOAT cast
>filmed all at once
>combination of high quality practical special effects and cutting edge digital ones
>GOAT score
>years of careful editing
>no token niggers or stupid shit like that

Liv is on every poster though

Legolas isn't though nice dub

Peter Jackson sold his soul to Satan, probably.

Gimli's on two posters m8.

They're not

Fellowship is perfect, but the others have problems.

>boromir only on one poseter

da fuck ????

King Elessar vs Morgoth-worshipping cannibal cult when?

Do we have to have this same thread every single fucking day? It seems like the moment one thread dies, another magically pops up to replace it. We should just have an eternal LOTR thread.

>Merry and Pippin literally responsible for destroying Saruman and Urukhai HQ
>Only on one poster

The more I look at this the more it pisses me off

*ROTK has problems

Two Towers is also perfect, albeit in a different way to Fellowship.

Gimli's on two posters as well moron.

Let's not forget who it was that stabbed the Witch King with a blade designed to harm spirits.

this
it was a labour of love and it shows

Are you confusing it with GoT you retard? There aren't that many LotR threads to merit bitching about.

>you and what army
>this army
I love the movie for so many hours, and then it goes and makes me groan

>The entire Shire opening in Fellowship

GOAT

Not him but there were two threads yesterday.

It actually came out at the perfect time. Techniques and CGI were so far advanced that the story could be done justice and it came before the mass cucking of the media set in

youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA

So besides Gandalf showing up every so often to ruin everyones life in the shire, what's his actual role?

he's got no real powers to speak of, fucks off regularly so can't really be considered a great leader. he's deus ex machina once or twice, doesn't really have a major role in the film though, he's kind of just around when things happen

Because a director took a classic book and put love and care into the movie. I think the timing of the movie had something to do with it.

>he's kind of just around when things happen
Precisely. He's forbidden from directly confronting Sauron. Except in the Hobbit movies where for some reason. The whole point of the wizards was to guide the mortals so they could help themselves.

This time in history.
An excellent story, and the technology to bring it to life.

What if The Hobbit was just proof that Peter Jackson lost his touch and that he just lost his touch

wanna try that again slick?

There will never be anything as good as LotR.

>Perfect story
>Perfect cast
>Perfect soundtrack
>Perfect design & cosmetics
>Perfect editing

I don't think that's fair. This was made under different circumstances. He filled in for Del Toro and it felt like a lot of decisions were probably made by the studio. Cheap/quick/shitty cgi, bringing back Legolas and adding a love triangle, inserting diversity - those don't sound like director choices. It sounds like producers coming in and saying "we want more female and black viewers. Also, what the fuck is editing? Just get it done."

Peter Jackson put more time into the post production of FOTR than he did making the entire hobbit trilogy

I don't care Gimli's a cuck anyway

Trips of somber truth. It's kind of sad knowing we'll die before such greatness is made again

>being so neet that you can actually remember the amount of threads pertaining to a topic on a given day

I was in both. I regret nothing.

Reminder that just 15 years ago we had a movie trilogy with all white male leads and no one gave a shit

It's terryfying how much the society has changed in so little time

It's not that no one gave a shit, it's that the people who did were waived off.

I do remember LotR being called racist because all the black guys were evil. But it was just on internet forums and no one gave a fuck

I actually finished watching this trilogy for the first time yesterday.

It was solid, even the CG mostly holds up.

>cave troll

Uh, no thanks

Not really even though it's my favourite trilogy of all time. Nearly all changes they made to the source material kinda triggers me a bit. Biggest one is probably the witch king shattering Gandalfs staff like ???

It's such fucking bullshit that gGndalf got resurrected in the second movie. It's such an asspull, Jackson was obviously doing it for merchandising. It's basically just a recolour., they didn't even have to make new action figures, just use a different paint.

This. But then again Marvel has how many films with white male leads and nothing with women and blacks until Black Panther. I'm impressed that nobody calls Marvel out on the black guys just being the little buddies

Still looks better than anything in Civil War

>he's deus ex machina once or twice
Like?
>The whole point of the wizards was to guide the mortals so they could help themselves.
This.

What a benchmark

no it's not

>Like?

"Lol Theodon's ok now guys"

"Lol don't worry about Helms Deep I gotchu"

You don't know what deus ex machina means.

"an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel."

Reminds me one time someone was talking about how much better the Harry Potter movies would/would've been if they were done in a similar situation rather then just at the same time as the books to ride the hype.

(Not that I think they're bad but they certainly don't have anywhere near as much love in them as LotR clearly does)

Real fucking shame imo, The Hobbit could've been really great

whats wrong with the cave troll?

what you describe is the ghost army, not gandalf.

Don't forget it was given free reign from the producers and production company so no kike bullshit could change it

Watch the movies again and pay attention this time.

no, i described my two events.

Helms Deep was definitely hopeless, Theodon might be a stretch but you could argue that was a hopeless situation until suddenly Gandalf goes
>DUDE WHITE WIZARD LMAO

I love the movies but that's what happened

ya know other than that one part, I can't think of anything else that bothers me...

They aren't, you fell for the meme.

>gandalf specifically states he rides to get reinforcements
>reinforcements show up

are you retarded? that's not a deus ex machina. the ghost army is the deus ex machina because they were invincible and outright slaughtered every single orc there when defeat was inevitable.

gandalf being practical is not an asspull you fucking moron.

Theatrical > extended trash

give reasons please

watch them and you'll see

The bit with Legolas and Gimli counting Orc kills and surfing oliphaunt trunks was pretty cringeworthy as well.

The scenes of Osgiliath and Faramir's death almost make up for the campy nonsense of the Minas Tirith battle, but not quite.

You have to admit the timing was.

You're objectively wrong.

Reminder that these majestic films came out on vhs back in the day.

He didn't say he was going to get reinforcements, he was like "dw, i'll be back you guys chill"

If it was expected that he was going to come back there would have been no tension and the movie would have sucked.

dramatic entrances =/= deus ex machina

and you're retarded for thinking so.

nah. you just have poor judgement and taste.
all further opinions discarded

he says he's going to enlist the aid of the riders of rohan, who weren't too far off away from helm's deep. so, yes he did in fact state it.

Two Towers was my first ever DVD

said he was going to try. they had reason to not come back at all.

the timing made it so.
its not hard to understand, moron

I love my vhs

I think they even state at some point that they can't win enough time for or rely on gandalf to come

On the other hand, Ride of the Rohirrim

you clearly don't understand the term, so i don't even know why i'm bothering.

1. The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Return of the King
3. The Two Towers

This is objectively the correct ranking of the movies.

One of my favorite scenes in all the trilogy. But one thing that always made me stratch my head was that when the Rohirim charged the orcs at Minas Tirith, Theodon made a reasonable strategy, but then the Mumankils shows up and his best idea is just to charge those too... Would it have been smarter just to kite them around an harass them with spears and arrows? I mean that is how they end up defeating them anyway in the movie...

>gets told
>backs down
thought so

Wonder how long until they remake it & i wonder who they will make Black

What is it about Two Towers that made it worse than RoTK?
I will agree that Fellowship is my favorite, but that might mainly because the plot is the most unique of the three. Towers and RoTK are rather similar in structure I'd say.

My bet is that if the had to cast anyone black, it would be Gandalf and Aragorn.

Those pics are amazing.

The battle of Helm's Deep was too long and repetitive.

I do remember some lame petition to get the Two Towers renamed because of 9/11

On something a bit different, met some of the cast members and they're lovely people.

Billy Boyd is also hilarious

I'll agree to that, but the in my opinion the Uruk-hai make up for it, because I really love the design of their arms and armor.

Source material.

A better set of movies could me made though, probably wont happen in my lifetime.

Came out at a perfect time.

>CGI was good enough to actually do all the massive battles
>social media wasnt everywhere like today

of course they had an amazing cast and jackson actually gave a fuck back then, but you couldnt make the same movies in todays world

no because it's going to devolve into you repeating the same shit and eventually playing the "lol i was only pretending to be retarded" card.

no amount of convincing will get you to realize you're wrong. you simply do not understand what the literary term deus ex machina actually is.

This seems to be the consensus on Sup Forums but I've always liked TTT the best, followed by Fellowship and rank ROTK last, though obviously still very highly.

>gets told
>backs down
>"o-oh wait! i-i must project my insecurities on to you"
lol
stay btfo

UHM ACKSHUALLY

The timing was practical too; at first light the sun crests the hill and the uruks, who loathe sunlight, cover their eyes, which are drawn to the reinforcements showing up. That way the rohirrim don't get shrekt by charging into a spear line.

Me too. Wanna fuck?

>Read the Lotr trilogy
>it's bretty gud
>movies are 10/10

>Read the Hobbit
>it's fucking fantastic
>movies are an abomination

why

Baisically no pre-production time because fucking warner bros

dont even bother with that chump. in the movie gandalf speaks of getting eomer and the horsemen he is with. then he SPECIFICALLY SAYS "look for me on the dawn of the third day."

this isnt some deus bullshit. gandalf knows eomer, knows where he is, knows why is where he is, and knows an approximate window of time in which to gather those horsemen and return to helm's deep.

this is what the guy is saying is deus ex machina.

if that is the case, me telling my boss that i will meet him in the break room for a meeting is also deus ex machina.

I was trying to explain to my friend why Fellowship is the best of the trilogy, but he said, "it was the most boringist one"

Help me out here

Get new friends