My grandfather died last week.. The man raised me by himself, my grandmother died when I was ten...

My grandfather died last week.. The man raised me by himself, my grandmother died when I was ten, my father was a drunken asshole who beat the shit out of me every time I opened my mouth and my mother left on my sixth birthday because she saw how much of a loser I was going to turn into. Last Friday I was at work and missed a call from my grandfather saying how proud he was of me and of the man I turned into and wanted to go on a fishing trip on the weekend. Later that day my old neighbor called me and said that they found my grandfather on the floor of his garage and he didn't have a pulse.. Not sure why I'm telling you all this not like any of you care. Just needed to get somethings off my chest.

So feels thread I guess.. I don't know..

I never got to say goodbye to my dad. He died in a car crash when I was 12. One minute he was alive, 60 seconds later he was dead.

That sucks man I'm sorry..

Sucks for you too man, was just telling you about my story so you know youre not alone.

shit goes on. After that I had a violent step father, and got sexually abused by pedo teacher from 12-15.

When he called me, I knew I should've answered.. But I was so busy with my work and my life that I just let it go to voicemail.. That was stupid and selfish of me..

Faggot

No it wasn't stupid or selfish. It was one innocently missed call because you had a load of stuff on with work and life. Millions of people do this every day to people that they truly love and care for. If he'd rung like 4 or 5 times and you were just ignoring it because you couldnt be bothered, then you could feel guilty. This was an unfortunate and innocent error is all.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it

That's life man, don't beat yourself up too much. Just hope to see him on the other side.

If you'd taken the call then you wouldn't have that voicemail.

From the sounds of your relationship, your gramps woundn't be pissed at you for missing one call from him. He'd have understood totally that you were busy at that moment. I can guarantee he'd absolutely hate hate hate the idea that you are feeling in any way guilty about one missed call!

It's just.. He never calls unless he's lonely (which he'd never admit) or he wanted to go on our fishing trips, the best part of my childhood..

The missed call never killed him, but thinking the way you are it will kill you inside. He'd never have wanted that. Believe me, he'd want you to carry on with your life now that he's gone and think of all the happy memories, not get hung up one one tiny little mistake.

I'm sure he would too. He worked all his life so he knew how it goes. But I really can't help it. If I'd known that was the last time I was going to talk to him I would've thanked him for everything, he didn't have to take me in or raise me not to be a little spoiled shit, but he did. I've never thanked him for any of it.

He knew.

He knew.
Just try to keep the voicemail man. Record it and save it in multiple formats. My biggest regret was not doing that with my granddad. Barely remember his voice now.

You never knew it was going to be the last call, so you have nothing to feel guilty about.
Also, the beauty of being a parent/ grandparent etc responsible for bringing someone up is you don't do it for thanks or recognition. You dont want that and don;t expect it, you do it for love and the thanks you get is seeing your kid/ grandchild growing up to be happy/ healthy/ successful. You've already given him that and that would have been all he ever wanted or expected.

I keep listening to it over and over again..

>Hey user, it's Pop Pop. It's Friday at 10:23 in the morning. I was just cleaning out the garage and saw our fishing poles and wanted to see if you could take a break from work this weekend and come down to the lake with me. We haven't done that in a long time, working hard is good and everything but you need to take the time to slow down every once in a while. Cool off those engines you know? Hey umm.. Listen I'm proud of you, you know that? Your a good man and have a good head on your shoulders, a lot better than your father. Anyway enough of that shit, I've dronned on long enough give me call back when you have a minute, love you.
>damn thing never hangs up when I want it to...

Sounds like a good man user.
That made me tear up a bit here at work. See he knew.

Honor your Grandfather at his funeral. Your story is a sad one but, it's not what your Grandfather would've wanted.

I think my guilt stems from me putting off seeing him.

"I'll give him a call tomorrow"

"I should swing by and visit him"

It's always tomorrow it's always another day until it isn't

He was the best man I ever knew. If I'm lucky I'll be have the man he was..

The funeral is what I'm worried about too..My father is going to be there too..

If it only happened last week, it will take time to get to grip with your emotions and lose the guilt.

Half

In your eulogy say everything you would have liked to have said to him if you had the chance. Trust me on this, I speak from bitter experience. 20 years after my best friend died I still feel guilty about not speaking and saying all the things I should have said at his funeral service.

That's a good idea. Thank you.

what worries you about your dad being there?

I haven't seen the drunken wreck since I was eight. My grandfather wouldn't let him come near me because he didn't "deserve" to. My grandfather gave him an ultimatum, get your shit together and quit drinking or he'll never let him see me again. And I haven't seen my father since. I've heard my grandfather talk about him, I guess keeping me updated but he never let him come over.

When you see him, hit him.
Once.
As hard as you can.

With a car

At least you have that voice-mail forever

The best 'revenge' is to show him what you have become - no thanks to him (not hitting him as other anons suggest). I'm old enough to know what I am talking about.

The thought of hitting him is extremely tempting believe me, but other user is right. My grandfather wouldn't much care for nor would he tolerate that kinda thing. I need to show my father that in the bigger man. Despite my anger towards him..

Yeah don't fuck up the funeral like those retards suggested by hitting some drunk dickhead you don't even know anymore. Be polite and do right by your family. You have plenty of time to tell him to fuck himself, beat him, kill him, whatever you want to do before he drinks himself to death, but later.

What state is the funeral in? I will hit him for you, with my car

The drunken dickhead that is my father is the only family I have left really. My mom is... Somewhere and I don't have any brothers or sisters (that I know about at least)

And a bat

Was meant for

Good no witnesses then. Shoot him from a couple hundred feet away and then dip

I am genuinely sorry for your loss. Hang in there user.

I care, user. Feels threads are made for this. You are the pride of one of the most important, if not the most important figure of your life. And I'm sure he would be still proud of you today.

user, I've got to head off in a sec. I'm selecting all my entries so you know all the ones that were from me.
Stay strong dude. You will honour your grandfather the best by being all he brought you up to be. You will remember him with love for the rest of your life and the sadness you feel now will fade as you come to terms with your loss. You were blessed to have him, but he was also blessed to have you in his life. He will never be forgotten. All the best friend.

Thank you so much man. I appreciate everything you've said.

My pleasure, anytime dude. Your user friend from London.

I feel so alone. He was the one thing that was good in my life. He guided me through so much.. I know this pain will subside eventually but right now it hurts so bad..he was the best man I've ever met.

>Drunken wreck
This is the reason why I don't want to and will never have kids.I'm an alcoholic and I'd rather be alone til the end of my life than having kids and being a drunken mess of a father.

I'm not condoning drinking. If you do have kids just take your day out on them and break their arm because they're simple annoying you.

I understand you user. It hurts a lot, and that's normal. You're going to mourn him. And then, I think, from my modest point of view, that you are going to cherish his memory and teaching to be the man he was seeing you grown into. You'll do fine.

Meant for

I just wish I had another day with him..

We all wish we had another day with a cherished being we lost. I lost my cousin due to cancer 2 years ago. I wish I could still play the guitar with him.

Sorry for your loss man...

Don't feel sorry. We weren't as close as you were with your grandfather. But at this time I was getting into Metal and started playing guitar. He did the same thing when he was my age, in 1991. And we often went to my aunt's so he could teach me a few Metallica somgs, he was a huge Metallica fan. And I became a huge one too.

Girlfriend and i broke up 2 weeks ago, now we lost contact completely since i am annoying her.

I have not a single feeling then reading all this bullshit nonsense stories in feelings threads. Is it ok? You all absolutely do not care than others yet another useless relatives wiping out like me too?

Tell us your story.

Con'td.
He died two years ago, leavingvhis wofe and his daughter. We still see them. His wife is still going strong, her daughter doesn't realize, but they're part of our family now. I still play the guitar and think about him when I play One or Fade to Black. He gave me the passion of music.

Well still losing a family member, especially one you get along with, is terrible.. I think my grandfather saw me as redemption from my father is that makes sense. He made a point to make sure I didn't turn out like him.

I hope we can go fishing again..in whatever comes after this life.. I honestly never cared for the act of fishing but sitting out there in the lake in his boat just talking and goofing around was my favorite part.

>. I think my grandfather saw me as redemption from my father is that makes sense. He made a point to make sure I didn't turn out like him.

That's great of him. Like, really great. But why did your turnbout like that with such a great man to raise him ?

I'm not OP, but I still play the guitar with the passion he gave me.

*did your father

We were together for 2 years, she was my first kiss and i lost my virginity to her. Everything went fine, till my depression got worse again. I told her I was getting unhappy, I thought it was our relationship. One thing led to another and we had our worst fight. I said maybe it would be better if we broke up, even though i regret it the second i said it. But she took it litterally and I couldnt convince her to give it a try again. She was "too hurt" from me saying this, so she lost more and more interest in me. I texted her several times apologizing. She said we could stay friends and maybe feelings come up again. Only thing is that she never waned to do anything with me, didnt contact me and ignored me all along, so we werent even friends. I told her my feelings and she said she didnt want to hear any of my drama again and that i should "give her time".

She was my best and only friend, i loved her to death, what should I do now?

Stop it this is so cringey I know it's pasta but hnnng ugh ew

>samefagging this hard
fucking kill yourself

Fookin hell user... got me right in the feels, only time can mend that guilt. hang in there buddy

did you even read his story? what guilt has to be mend?? he asked for a fishing trip not on the same fucking day, retard

You should do something that's easy to tell, but hard to do. Move on. When I broke up with my first gf (first serious relationship, lost our virginity to each other), it was hard. And then I took the time everything I wanted to do but didn't have the time. Like spending time with my cousins, watch my little brother's favorite anime with him (Karas, it was fucking great), amd keep my mind busy. You probably heard that shit a million times, but it helped me a lot.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Maybe my father was to stubborn to listen to my grandfather? Maybe he was just born a dick. I couldn't tell you. My grandfather seemed at a loss about it too.