Brazil vs Great Britain (6pm)
Australia vs Belgium (8:30pm)

More info at the official website here:
rio2016.com/en/hockey

For newcomers to the sport, here is a quick video guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=pBHYaSn8qxU

Other urls found in this thread:

nos.nl/rio2016/
web.archive.org/web/20090204073341/http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/we-love-aussie-rules/2007/06/19/1182019117471.html
afl.com.au/news/2015-10-13/womens-participation-in-afl-soars-in-2015
heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/soccer-more-popular-than-aussie-rules-but-sport-participation-down-report-finds/news-story/598fee7c6d726ae2a9f45726665cadda
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has this reached the knockout stages yet?

Spanish tears soon

still pool matches atm

Big day for men's hockey today, with all 6 games coming from the men's side of the draw.

We start the day with 2 huge clashes, New Zealand vs Spain and Argentina vs India. After a thrilling upset over Australia and not a loss to their name, Spain comes into this game with high expectations and hopes, going for a win to possibly put them at the top of pool A with a record of 3-0-0.

After comes Argentina vs India, 2 struggling teams who have found their form in this Olympics, with Argentina recording no losses so far, and India looking strong despite a 2-1 loss last game which saw Germany take the lead in the final 3 seconds.

Then comes the shitty blowouts with Germany vs Ireland, Netherlands vs Canada and Brazil vs Great Britain. We all know how these will end.

Then the match of the tournament so far, Australia vs Belgium. Belgium has only wins so far, tying with the also undefeated Spain. Can they hold their lead and defeat the rattled Australia? Let's find out.

gonna b a good game

>s-pain

simon child is a cunt desu

Ref blocking the players s/\/\h

>s/\/\h

i love this. can i take this please?

Yes, better than saying baka anyway.

cheers m80

just

GET THAT SHITSKIN OFF THE FIELD

HES FUCKING LOSING THE KIWIS THE GAME

can you narrate the whole tournament? you're pretty good desu

Who can stop us?

>zalewski banned against belgium
is it ogre for ausbros

Belgium... I hope.

Cheers mate, I will try.

that's a great tackle ridiculous decision there

Coming home lads.

Just hope Belgium wins the koalas and it's a perfect day.

Wasn't in a position to make the tackle. Officials said they're not allowing dive tackles either.

It was a cynical tackle as well, only way the ball was going is over the backline.

It really sums up the Spanish defence this Olympics...

They have been absolutely phenomenal.

Spain gonna take the gold

Holy shit amazing skills... should have been a short corner.

Ridiculous that the ref is from Argentina
He wants to screw us over

really obvious thing to say but international players are just so fucking good

If we win the gold I post naked pics of Lleonart ex

That is actually looking like a possibility at this point to be honest...

How are you watching mate? Gf is watching the horse jumping
Is it stremaing to teh phone app?

kek wtf is going on with the commentary

Worst nz mens team in a while. They shouldn't even be here. They didn't really even qualify. I hope the team is paying for this out of their own pocket.

I'm using a VPN to watch on the Dutch broadcaster NOS' website here:
nos.nl/rio2016/
There's no commentary, but that doesn't bother me 2bh since the video quality is pretty good.

>nos.nl/rio2016/
>no commentary
Perfect.

Cheers mate, was looking for a stream.

>I hope the team is paying for this out of their own pocket.
Knowing the Poo Peeland sports program I'd say that's fairly likely

THE BIG HIT

First time watching this, what was that? Penalty?

>spain still trying to argue
Pathetic

Just

penalty corner, for fouls inside the D. There are penalty strokes as well which is from the spot, similar to a football penalty, those are for serious fouls though

There has been a referral, each team gets one per game.

In a short corner like that, the ball has to leave the semi-circle for a goal to be counted. Spain argued that the ball did not leave the circle prior to the hit and goal, however the 3rd umpire who looks through the video footage determined that the ball did leave the circle, hence a good goal.

>Australia vs Belgium (8:30pm)
Rio time?

is hockey a big deal in straya or not?
Here it's a pretty snobby sport

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention that.

That's about 9:30am AEST.

Can't find the hockey on BBC. Can any Brits help?

Fug :DD
doo early :DDDD

I would say it's a pretty popular sport.

Field hockey is really popular in rural places and is popular amongst both lower classes and upper classes, and both men and women, however more so men.

People don't really watch it though, they just play it, but there are about 250,000 registered players in Australia I believe. For reference there are 1.2 million registered cricket players, 400,000 registered soccer players, 1.2 million registered Australian rules football players and 500,000 registered rugby union players. No one watches hockey though.

*rugby league+union

Refs REALLY trying to keep asspain in this game desu

LOL! Men's Field Hockey. I will never get used to this. Go put on a skirt.

Ok

These numbers smell like bullshit

There are more registered soccer players than AFL players, where did you get your numbers from?

Carn New Zealand ya sheep shagging cunts

wtf is this meme sport, don't think its for me

Manchester is having the same kind of game that our goalie had against Australia

From the FIFA big count done in 2006, Australia wasn't even in the top 20 for registered players, with the 20th having 450,000. I saw another source that claimed 400,000, so that seems realistic, however the big count was for 2006 so it may be at around 500,000 now.

web.archive.org/web/20090204073341/http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/we-love-aussie-rules/2007/06/19/1182019117471.html

afl.com.au/news/2015-10-13/womens-participation-in-afl-soars-in-2015

These are the sources for Aussie rules footy, the second one says the number of registered players in 2007 was over 600,000 so take that as you will for estimates today.

Fucking fags can't beat poos

heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/soccer-more-popular-than-aussie-rules-but-sport-participation-down-report-finds/news-story/598fee7c6d726ae2a9f45726665cadda

AWW FUG BOYS HERE WE GO

GAAAAAAAAAAL XAVITOOOOO

COMING HOME LAAA

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIN

That goes by players, not registered players. Players are just estimates.

>while Aussie rules lured only 224,000 participants
Is this talking about growth or people who played the sport overall? If overall then it's very much wrong.

When did Spain score?

Fun fact: I've played a game for New Zealand's over 35/45 team. It was only a practice match, but I still say I had played for the New Zealand national team.

With 25 seconds left I think

my coach in school used to play for the equivalent GB team , maybe you played against him kek

>2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0 >2-0

Just in case you guys didn't know, Argentina has one of, if not THE best drag flickers.

So if Argentina gets a penalty corner it's a big deal.

INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA vINDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA

repeat

this, like soccer, is a girl's sport.

>can't win in the men's competition
>must be a girl's sport

American logic

no, i mean we have ice hockey. and for soccer we have rugby and american football.
field hockey and soccer should be left to the girls.

GERMANY

Our national TV just started showing Argies v India, hate how we're behind

fuging potatoniggers

have we won yet? I have to watch ZDF and they show some belgian tennis bird scartching her ass. It's not bad.

1:1 half time

2:1

neat

3:1

neat

>van ass

where the qt girls at

playing in orange atm

Great shot

Won nice

geez we suck

Why are we so good at "SHOOT THEIR FEET" ball?

You actually care about it.

We're like
>why are these pads so small I cant cover the whole net like this wtf

is a GER-NED final possible?

gg dykeland you deserved it.

that 6-0 goal, looked like football

Yes if one of us can defeat the /aus/länder