How do i get over the fear of failure?

How do i get over the fear of failure?

Ever since i was a young teenager (i'm almost 19 now) i have wanted to be a comedian but i'm scared as shit to give my 100% because i don't want to have the realization that "oh i'm bad at this and i will never be good".

It paralyzes me and makes me not not want to do anything because its safer to think that "oh if i did try i could do it" than actually doing it.

This post wasn't very funny. Future doesn't look bright OP.

Given the time and thought most people can do most things really well. Unless you're a total sperg and there's not an gram of laughs in you, go for it. Make it your life. Spend at least 4 hours a day working on jokes and studying other comedians. Just don't be a pussy. Work on it and you'll be good.

most people fail to achieve their dreams
just accept the fact that you're going to fail and brush up on your burger flipping skills

kek

So much projection I don't need even need film

dude, listen to 'not taco bell material', by adam carolla. he does a few chaptera about his improv group and the groundlings and stuff. somw of it might be helpful.

I bet you're a buddhist

i may be projecting, but i'm also right
very few people manage to make a living as comedians
you might get lucky, but you'll probably just work your ass off for years for nothing

Same boat here user, except musician instead of comedian. Didn't help that I was born in a time where music is already dead af

Don't worry about being awkward. Allow yourself to just be comfortable that the first few times might not go exactly as you want to, but that's okay. Many successful people have failed their first few tries because that's just part of being human. Do you have any favorite comedians? Many of them probably bombed a few of their early gigs. Just allow yourself to fail and to learn from your mistakes. It's much better than staying and home and not even allowing yourself the chance to improve.

>music is dead af
wft are you talking about af

also another thing, risking sounding like a shill, the podcast "resume", its on podcastone, one of the early episodes was an interview with a comedian and he talked about his early work as a standup comedian. might also be relevant.

Talent in music composition peaked in the 70's and has been on a downhill slide since. By the time I could have feasibly started being a musician the fad of niggers stealing music from the 70's and 80's and adding jungle noises to it became super popular.
Sure, I could've gone indie and had my music be listened to by maybe a dozen fucking hipsters, but who wants that.

Where do I go if Im feeling terrifyied & alone?

you fucking normie
play jazz or classical
or come up with something that's worth more than the attention of "a dozen fucking hipsters"

you're right, no one wants to hear new sleezy ballads accompanied by accoustic guitar using I-IV-V progressions.

musical talent is at a higher level than it's ever been right now, because progress

jezzums

Plz help

/r9k/ if you want to find anons going through similar shit
anywhere but Sup Forums if you want to get actual help for that.
Jazz was literally my thing. And I still write classical from time to time for funsies.
Perhaps I'm too cynical, but its really easy to lose faith in a form of art when people barely trying or have their music written for them are millionaires.

A thing that I did is after high school I stopped giving a fuck what other people might think of me. This was a pain because I was so used to just blending into the crowd and not doing anything to bring the slightest bit of attention to me, but as I started uni, would continue to just stop caring and within a year I stopped being so scared

But user, if you don't care and no one else cares, who cares?

Don't go to /r9k/ because a weak-willed faggot like you will get sucked into the memes and become trapped with the rest of the losers there. Go to a psychiatrist, or talk to a friend. Don't have friends? Assuming you're in school, make some. How do you make friends? Join a club, or talk to someone in your class and get to know them. If you're not in school, then seek professional help such as a therapist, just to be able to vent your frustrations. Or vent them here, if that's more comfortable.

Just know that, eventually, you will have to become part of the real world

that stuff is technically music, but common, comparing like that is ridiculous. they're celebrities, they're brands. you're a musician.

>not even 19

you're fine, relax. I'm 23 and I'm stuck in a dead end retail job, so I went back to school and now I have one semester left and I'm scared shitless about getting a job once I graduated. I feel like if I dont get a better job it all would of been a waste.

Pro tip: do it and fail. Go in with the intent to fail. Try to fail. Accept the fail.