ITT:

Images that trigger Sup Forumstants

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wdik8rP2TYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy shit I'm so fucking triggered right now !

Are these kind of record players really that bad?

I mean, apart from being made a lot cheaper and not having the best hardware (meh speakers, no adjustable counterweight, cheap plastic parts) how is that bad?

I've heard the counterweight is around 5 grams, which is meant to chew up your record, but I saw a video on youtube where a guy went up to like 20 grams on his counterweight (2.5 grams at 5 plays each) and even though they scratched the record it still played pretty fine on his more expensive record player.

Is the crosley cruiser hate just a meme??

If you're asking if these cheap players causes immediate severe damages to your records, not necessarily it won't, but playing regularly will wear your records much faster.

There's also the fact these cheap players all sound like shit and suffer from skips if the grooves are too complex for them to handle, and the cheap plastic build quality, and the speed variations.

They sound completely awful and you can just tell how cheap it is by the way it feels.

damn thats not cool i just had a panic attack you gotta chill

It's totally illogical to settle for a cheap record player that WILL wear out your records at a greatly accelerated rate. Vinyl is an expensive format, you should protect that investment by getting a decent turntable (even just entry level) turntable.

Crosleys are a great example of poorfags making poor financial decisions.

fuck her

>you should protect that investment by getting a decent turntable (even just entry level) turntable.
Speaking of turntables, I just got into collecting vinyls 2 months ago, and my parents bought me a Sony PS-LX300USB. Is it an acceptable option, considering I just wanted an entry-level turntable?

I have Victrola. Is that good enough?

If it has a removable cartridge assembly and adjustable tone-arm weight then sure, it's fine so long as you like how it sounds.

If it doesn't have adjustable tone arm then nope, it's bargain-bin tier.

It's kind of amazing how vinyl went from this standard format that most people treated like crap to this ultra-expensive audiophile choice that requires hq equipment. Not that it doesn't, I just think it's just funny how it swung the other way.

Looks like a cheap table, but I guess since it features a MM cartridge instead of a ceramic one, it might go easier on your records than you usual Crosleys.

no. Crosley isn't the only one making cheap players. They all come from the same factory in China anyway

Yeah, I mean at least with the advent of the internet the information of how you SHOULD treat your records is more widespread, and with them being more premium priced now it probably persuades people to look after them better.

I don't wanna think about all the normie abuse records must've suffered in the 60s and 70s.

kek

I've not got one myself so I can't comment on the actual sound quality, but yeah it makes sense that your going to get an inferior sound from an inferior, but not necessarily cheaper as there are a lot of cheap but great record players out there, product.

I've heard you should just save up a little instead of just going for the cheapest, makes sense. But, I don't think it's necessarily of poorfag issue, I just think people see a lot of people using them and think they're great players. Should probably do a bit of research before buying.

I myself have just started collecting vinyl and I have an AT-LP60, which is I think is a decent entry level record player.

mine comes from VIETNAM

Well if you're an american I guess that makes you even more fucked.

REEEEEEE

This triggers the brianfags & liberals

hey at least it's not that fuckwit Landy
youtube.com/watch?v=wdik8rP2TYU

PARLOPHONE RECORDS FUCK OFF

>stock photo woman holding something that's supposed to be "exclusive"
i don't know why i didn't think of this first